Orange Creamsicle

Edit tea info Last updated by RogersCK

From Market Spice

Fruity and sweet, this tea combines Chinese Hunan black tea, Orange flavoring and Vanilla Powder. Contains sugar.

About Market Spice View company

I decided to try this iced and it was an awesome idea. I think I prefer it iced to hot. I still get the creamy vanilla and orange flavors. However, I feel the iced tea helps the association with the popsicles I used to eat. That association is the reason I was interested in this tea in the first place. I’ll have to remember to get more of this next summer.

Daniel Scott

Heh. The perfect creamsicle flavour is one of my minor tea “quests.” I have dozens of these little quests, like finding the hottest tea in the world, or finding the best apple cider tea. “Orange Creme” would definitely grab me. But what’s the “Sickle” part?

Dylan Oxford

Right? I laughed when I first read that… it’s communist creamsicle. It’s probably some fear of trademark issue. Or they could be breeding bolsheviks, you never know these days, Mr. McCarthy.

It’s actually quite a good tea, and it has that orange ice cream flavor down pretty well (first infusion only, really). There’s actually some sort of powdery cream thing in with the tea, and it gets used up.

Another fun sample from Cavocorax! This one is interesting because it has a lot of sugary white powder in with the tea leaves. Not surprisingly, the smell is very sugary sweet also. I am not sensing much orange in the aroma, but a lot of creamsicle flavors are more vanillaish than orangey. Wow, the orange flavor in this one is definitely unexpected, but really juicy. It’s almost like biting into a fresh piece of orange. With just sweetener it tastes like orange, but if you add milk in it really brings out more of the vanilla flavors and becomes a little creamy. Thanks for sending this one, Cavocorax!

-Dry blend has small tea leaves with white sugary powder and pieces of orange rind.
-Dry leaves smell very sugary sweet. Tea liquor aroma is of vanilla and a little orange.
-Tea liquor is a medium brown color.
-Juicy orange flavor with a light vanilla finish.
-Best with milk and sweetener or just sweetener.
-Good tea. Ripe orange flavor toned down with vanilla sugar.

I received this in a Mystery Swap with Eva. Thank you!

I am beginning to think I just do not care for orange flavor in tea. This is another one of the orange flavored teas that is just not calling me back to drink it again. I only got the orange out of this tea, not the creamsicle portion. I enjoyed the cups I had, but this is just not for me.

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I decided to give this sample a go today just for fun. I’m not really into citrus-y flavors, but this one smelled so infectious- creamy, sweet, with some mellow orange undertones. I steeped the leaves for about 5 minutes and I’m surprised with how “quiet” this tea is. I was expecting juicy, bold, orange accents with a milky black base, but no. The orange flavor, while definitely present here, is much more mild, while the creaminess takes more prominence than I anticipated. I think I will have to steep a second cup to see if anything changes. I really enjoy this as is, though.