Orange Creamsicle

Orange Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by RogersCK

From Market Spice

Fruity and sweet, this tea combines Chinese Hunan black tea, Orange flavoring and Vanilla Powder. Contains sugar.

About Market Spice View company

I decided to try this iced and it was an awesome idea. I think I prefer it iced to hot. I still get the creamy vanilla and orange flavors. However, I feel the iced tea helps the association with the popsicles I used to eat. That association is the reason I was interested in this tea in the first place. I’ll have to remember to get more of this next summer.

Daniel Scott

Heh. The perfect creamsicle flavour is one of my minor tea “quests.” I have dozens of these little quests, like finding the hottest tea in the world, or finding the best apple cider tea. “Orange Creme” would definitely grab me. But what’s the “Sickle” part?

Dylan Oxford

Right? I laughed when I first read that… it’s communist creamsicle. It’s probably some fear of trademark issue. Or they could be breeding bolsheviks, you never know these days, Mr. McCarthy.

It’s actually quite a good tea, and it has that orange ice cream flavor down pretty well (first infusion only, really). There’s actually some sort of powdery cream thing in with the tea, and it gets used up.

Another fun sample from Cavocorax! This one is interesting because it has a lot of sugary white powder in with the tea leaves. Not surprisingly, the smell is very sugary sweet also. I am not sensing much orange in the aroma, but a lot of creamsicle flavors are more vanillaish than orangey. Wow, the orange flavor in this one is definitely unexpected, but really juicy. It’s almost like biting into a fresh piece of orange. With just sweetener it tastes like orange, but if you add milk in it really brings out more of the vanilla flavors and becomes a little creamy. Thanks for sending this one, Cavocorax!

-Dry blend has small tea leaves with white sugary powder and pieces of orange rind.
-Dry leaves smell very sugary sweet. Tea liquor aroma is of vanilla and a little orange.
-Tea liquor is a medium brown color.
-Juicy orange flavor with a light vanilla finish.
-Best with milk and sweetener or just sweetener.
-Good tea. Ripe orange flavor toned down with vanilla sugar.

I received this in a Mystery Swap with Eva. Thank you!

I am beginning to think I just do not care for orange flavor in tea. This is another one of the orange flavored teas that is just not calling me back to drink it again. I only got the orange out of this tea, not the creamsicle portion. I enjoyed the cups I had, but this is just not for me.

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

When I first started an interest in teas, I didn’t think I would care for citrus teas, but I’m learning that I can enjoy them :) Thanks EvaGrimm for sharing a bit of this with me!
I’ve found that I have trouble grabbing them to try because if I’m making tea to go with a meal, I don’t want the flavor to compete with my meal. I had this blend yesterday afternoon while I was helping my son with his homework and it was a nice treat… nothing to compete with it except my son’s attention.

This one smells sweet and orangey as dry leaf. Steeped I tried it w/o sugar and it was vanilla orange with a nice black base rounding out the cup. I decided to add a bit of sugar as is my normal and I lost a bit of the orange flavor. As it cooled, that orange flavor returned along with the sweetness.. Quite nice. It’s not in your face orange flavoring to me, but rather a nice gentle orange flavor. I didn’t really get the cream, but think it may have been present to help make for a smooth cup.

I could see myself drinking something like this in the morning when I’m often looking for a black tea and/or when I have something simple like a bagel or simple egg sandwich. Then, when I’m in the mood for an orange in the evening… L’Automne from Fauchon.. to get an amazing caffeine free cup… If only it were readily available here.

I do have a couple more caffeine free blends to try since EvaGrimm was so nice in sending me a few samples of citrus blends… Maybe one of those will tickle my fancy too.

I think I’m coming around to citrus, at least orange citrus so far if it isn’t too bold. As I write this, I remember how much I liked Three Friends from Butiki as well. Thanks to all the wonderful people here for their helpfulness and generosity!

Flavors: Orange Zest

I decided to give this sample a go today just for fun. I’m not really into citrus-y flavors, but this one smelled so infectious- creamy, sweet, with some mellow orange undertones. I steeped the leaves for about 5 minutes and I’m surprised with how “quiet” this tea is. I was expecting juicy, bold, orange accents with a milky black base, but no. The orange flavor, while definitely present here, is much more mild, while the creaminess takes more prominence than I anticipated. I think I will have to steep a second cup to see if anything changes. I really enjoy this as is, though.