Connoisseur's Blend

Sweet
High
Edit tea info Last updated by MissB

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Grabbed this when I was at Pike Place Market maybe sometime last summer (?) when I ran into Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes in the elevator of my hotel room. Fun! This seems like a straight black blend...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1341 tasting notes

From Market Spice

A MarketSpice classic, this tea contains some of the world’s finest black teas: Assam, Ceylon and Lychee.

This recipe has been reformulated recently and no longer contains Darjeeling. The replacement tea is Lychee, which has a light, fruity flavor, creating a delightful blend.

A MarketSpice classic, this tea contains some of the world’s finest black teas: Assam, Ceylon and Darjeeling.

This tea came in Second Place at the North American Tea Championship in the Breakfast Blend category.

About Market Spice View company

1 Tasting Note

This seems like a straight black blend from the description, although I’ve yet to hear of a varietal called Lychee (like Ceylon or Assam). The staffer told me this was her favorite tea (I always buy a small sample that the person serving me suggests when traveling), so $0.81 and about, um, 12 cups worth and a year later, Í’m trying it.

Actually had it yesterday.. going on memory.. was surprisingly sweet on it’s own, full bodied like an English Breakfast, and quite lovely. Very different than most straight blacks I’ve had, with zero maltiness, just a sweetness that I can’t quite place.

Flavors: Sweet