Caramel Apple

Caramel
Edit tea info Last updated by EvaGrimm
Boiling 2 min, 30 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

From Market Spice

“It tastes and smells just like a traditional caramel apple.”

Ingredients: Hunan Black Tea, Lemon Peel, Caramel and Apple Flavoring.

About Market Spice View company

1914 tasting notes

It seems like I am the first to leave a tasting note. This is so much pressure but here goes nothing…

When I experience teas from a new company, I am always a bit hesitant that I won’t like it. That doesn’t stop me from trying because you never know unless you try. I think if I expect the worst, than I am always pleasantly surprised (and very occasionally not-so-pleasantly justified). This is definitely a pleasant surprise that I got to try courtesy of Eva.

The black base is smooth and muted, leaving room for the caramel apple to shine. Honestly, this is like a slightly less sweet version of the tasty caramel apple chips by Seneca (the company, not the college: http://www.senecasnacks.com/index.cfm?navid=20). However, whereas with the chip it is clear you are having caramel and you are having apple, in this cup, the two flavors blend together for a sweet and yet fresh tasting cup. Thank you for sharing Eva! I was definitely pleased with this tea :)

EvaGrimm

It’s one of their “better” ones. The next time I make a drive into Seattle, I’ll pick up some that you haven’t tried and send a little surprise pack (the surprise part being the timelines).

EvaGrimm

-forgot to add that I’m glad you like it!

VariaTEA

Haha. That is so sweet. Honestly I was nervous but really happy with it. I made it at the same time I made a Butiki tea and this was the preferred of the two. I am really glad I have another cup worth. Thanks again :). Hopefully you are happy with your teas as well.

Yvonne

Mmmmm…this sounds delicious.

EvaGrimm

VariaTea YES, I love them! I’ve yet to try the caramel but the Forever Nuts is so good that I shouldn’t trust myself to drink and drive with it. ;) Thank you!

VariaTEA

Haha. Yay! I am glad you like it. I really liked it at first and then it was like a switch flipped and I couldn’t even smell it anymore. I am happy it was sent somewhere where it is being appreciated.

interesting tea. Looks like they have an online presence as well…another company to bookmark heh

Cavocorax

I had a bunch of samples brought over from a friend, and overall I wasn’t that impressed by the company…

This one does sound pretty good though!

It’s good but not great. Not the best caramel flavor, I think. Much better cold. I’ll have to drink this one a few more times to be sure.

Thanks Eva! I never would have thought to try this because the few apple teas I have tried did not smell or taste that great (bag tea). The dry leave smells like fresh sweet apples and it taste like a tangy apple dipped in a little caramel and still smells wonderful, I keep sticking my nose in the cup because I can’t believe how good this smells compared to the other teas I have tried and I bet this taste even better with a tiny bit of sugar.