Earl Grey Creme

Cream Flavoring, Vanilla Flavour
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Edit tea info Last updated by EvaGrimm

• “this was my 'sidekick' tea this morning. i have a small 6oz teacup and saucer at my desk plus a large 24oz mug. (they are both beautiful beautiful things.) so on the special days, the days when...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 715 tasting notes
  • “I received a sample of this tea from *Eva* in a "Mystery Swap". Thank you! I have been sampling EGC's lately, I have had a few leading up to this one. This was meh for me. It was a pretty...” Read full tasting note
    Teatiff 199 tasting notes
  • “Thanks TeaTiff for sharing this one with me with another sample you sent me :) I'm pretty new to Earl Grey teas & haven't ventured into them much because I've tended to avoid most citrus in teas...” Read full tasting note
    Suziqzer 108 tasting notes
  • “my first EG creme, im not sure if this is how it normally tastes but got used to it by the end of the tiny cup. resteeps have a more gentle flavor. may double the water for the first steep to...” Read full tasting note
    yssah 89 tasting notes

From Market Spice

Vanilla and Earl Grey

About Market Spice View company

this was my ‘sidekick’ tea this morning.

i have a small 6oz teacup and saucer at my desk plus a large 24oz mug. (they are both beautiful beautiful things.) so on the special days, the days when i really really need the help, i will basically brew a whole 30oz of tea at one time.
and delicate teas, nuanced teas, and cherished or small samples usually get the tiny sidekick treatment.

and this EG Creme was a darling. warm and smooth and soothing.

it’s supposed to super snow tonight …well, i’m sure MANY of you would laugh at our version of ‘mega snow’, but southerners do have a tendency to enjoy the drama when they can, plus southern Virginia doesn’t usually get much snow in general, in fact i hear that some years ago we used to get no snow. so everyone is still in that mind-frame and thus generally ill-prepared.
the city gov isn’t even really good at consistently plowing the streets because they don’t budget enough for what used to be a very rare occurrence.
you get the idea. DRAMA-RAMA!

since i might not have work tomorrow, i’m gonna bring all my swaps and samples home with me tonight. Wishful Thinking!!

thank you Eva for this warm and tasty bonus!

I received a sample of this tea from Eva in a “Mystery Swap”. Thank you!

I have been sampling EGC’s lately, I have had a few leading up to this one. This was meh for me. It was a pretty weak base with a really low level of bergamot. I was busy cooking so the cup cooled and I took a sip of it cold. Despite it not being my favorite hot, the cold version was pretty tasty. The creaminess shone through and covered up the weakness of the base.

Thanks TeaTiff for sharing this one with me with another sample you sent me :)

I’m pretty new to Earl Grey teas & haven’t ventured into them much because I’ve tended to avoid most citrus in teas thus far, especially if they have any main notes in the flavor profile. I may come around to some of them, but grew up not liking the ice tea/lemonade blends that my dad thought were so amazing.

This one intrigued me from the start. The smell of the dry leaf is amazing, sweet and rich.

Steeped this one is a nice base and comes through as creamy, very little bergamot, and I get a peppery finish which I am uncertain about. I’m a lover of pepper on foods, but not sure about it here. I may have to give this one another try at a lower steeping temperature and see if that changes my thoughts on this one. I think I would enjoy this one w/o the end taste of pepper.

may double the water for the first steep to lessen the strength of the cream flavor :)

This Earl Grey is touchy-touchy, in that if you look at it the wrong way it could turn bitter. I made this three times and the first time at 205° for 5 min = very bitter, the second time at 200° for 5 min = slightly bitter but not bad, lastly 190° for 5 min= perfect. My cup was roughly 12oz and I used 3 tsp of Earl Grey Creme. I added a La Perruche sugar cube and a splash of cream which made it even more delicious!

I received a sample of the from Eva, so thank you very much!

Honestly, I wouldn’t have known this was supposed to be an EGC if it wasn’t for the label. There’s very little bergamot in here, and what’s there is almost fruity. Not citrus fruity, but a little bit like a semi-sweet berry. The cream element, though, is very nice. It’s rich and milky and covers up the weak base.

This tea definitely tastes pretty good, but I’m still not sure about the EG element (or lack thereof).

Without sugar, the Creme of this still is enough to take away the acidity that can ruin Earl Grey on a bad day. Mmmmm.