Organic Mocha Mint Yerba Mate

Yerba maté Tea
Cacao, Peppermint, Plants
Edit tea info Last updated by yashuvam
Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 7 g 24 oz / 709 ml

• “OK... as most of you probably already know, I am a tea artist... or I used to be. That is, it was my occupation (self-employed) to flavor teas. I don't do this on a regular basis anymore, so that...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4637 tasting notes
  • “I love the colors in this box/logo/packaging! Beautiful! As for the yerba mate itself... It's alright :) I think there is a bit more minty-flavor than carob and that is ok with me. There...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “The primary flavour I get from this is the peppermint, with an underlying fresh/green flavour that I assume is the yerba mate. The carob is there, but quite mild. I like this tea plain, but I like...” Read full tasting note
    smallstar42 84 tasting notes
  • “Delicious tea. I buy it on campus (or used to). It tastes like a mocha/coffee drink without the repulsive overbearing coffee taste. Actually it tastes closer to a minty hot chocolate. Either way,...” Read full tasting note
    gazelma 42 tasting notes

From Mate Factor

Organic Mocha Mint Yerba Mate Tea Bags
100% Organic Ingredients

Our Mocha Mint tea box contains 20 large tea bags. All of our teabags contain 3.5 grams of tea, DOUBLE the size of most teabags on the market, so you can enjoy more of the flavor, nutrition, and energizing effects of Yerba Mate!

Ingredients:
Green Yerba Mate, Roasted Carob, Peppermint
A rich, refreshing blend, Excellent Cold or Hot.

Mocha Mint is rich and refreshing. Many people love this as an after-dinner enhancer, or to enhance the social mood.

About Mate Factor View company

OK… as most of you probably already know, I am a tea artist… or I used to be. That is, it was my occupation (self-employed) to flavor teas. I don’t do this on a regular basis anymore, so that is why I say “used to be”…

Anyways… amongst my collection of successful flavors was a flavored yerba mate. It was one that I created to taste a lot like my favorite mocha – because, well, I can’t drink mocha coffee drinks anymore. They’re just too harsh on my stomach. The flavor was a chocolate almond toffee blend… or what I called almond mocha mate… basically, it was a mocha version of Almond Roca – one of my favorite candies.

And it was yummy.

All of this really has very little to do with the mate drink I’m consuming at the moment, except that they have this in common – over the top yummy-nummy-ness. Well… that and a rich chocolate-y flavor.

The green yerba mate is earthy and deep in flavor. The roasted carob gives this a chocolate flavor, but not so much a sweet, chocolate-bar kind of flavor, but more of a rich savory cocoa (or mocha) kind of flavor. The mint is balanced well with the other ingredients and does not overwhelm the flavors… I am getting a nice mint-chocolate-y flavor that is absolutely delightful.

I’m loving this!

Boiling 8 min or more
Lisbet

Sold! I will have to try this one :) Your description made me drool.

I love the colors in this box/logo/packaging! Beautiful!

As for the yerba mate itself…

It’s alright :)

I think there is a bit more minty-flavor than carob and that is ok with me. There is a hint of bitterness to it…but it’s matched with an earthy-type flavor. Not woodsy or floral or grassy but EARTH. The mint really helps even the EARTHINESS out. The more I drink this the more I like it. It does ‘brew’ dark, very dark. The carob flavor seems to come out more as it cools! This is pretty good.

The primary flavour I get from this is the peppermint, with an underlying fresh/green flavour that I assume is the yerba mate. The carob is there, but quite mild. I like this tea plain, but I like it even more with a bit of sugar. I tried adding a bit of milk as well, but I’m not really a fan of that.

Flavors: Cacao, Peppermint, Plants

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 7 g 24 OZ / 709 ML

Delicious tea. I buy it on campus (or used to). It tastes like a mocha/coffee drink without the repulsive overbearing coffee taste. Actually it tastes closer to a minty hot chocolate. Either way, it’s a delicious treat especially for the winter months. I don’t think I can drink this in the summer. It’s really good with cream and sugar mixed in.