Organic Island Green Tea

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by CK
8 oz / 236 ml

From Mauna Kea Tea

Organic Island Green Tea is harvested from young tender shoots at our peak harvesting time to bring out good balanced flavor. Our unique pan-fire processing gives the leaves a gently twist, refreshing green aroma and sweet taste.

Tea Profile:

Water 8 oz (240 ml)
Temp 190 F (90 °C)
Time 120 sec

About Mauna Kea Tea View company

Last cup of this. Hopefully I’ll see it at another craft fair or some thing. It’s a nice green tea with warm, toasty flavor. :)

From the LP Group buy, and one of the main reasons why I readily got some.

This was one of my favorite teas of the selection. It is very green, very crisp, and pretty refreshing. The taste was closer to something like a Baozhong to me personally since it did have some vague tropical profiles along with some hints of florals. Overall, the tea is light with a savory thick body. Sticky rice does come to mind in part. I’ll add more notes soon since I can’t remember more specifics at the moment. Know that I greatly enjoy it.

This tea is from Hawaii!! By way of LP’s Regional Group Buy (Thanks LP!!!!), which is really awesome by the way.

So I’m not sure what the problem is, but I was drinking this tea today and it was trying to fool me into thinking that green teas are my favorite. Normally I prefer darker teas (blacks, pu-erhs, chais, roasted oolongs) and even when I do drink greens I prefer the sweet floral notes that go well with honey, but this tea’s vegetal, savory notes are making me super happy today for some reason instead of, well, the opposite. I guess it’s just a really good tea? Or else I’m just starting to enjoy the savory flavors in green tea, in which case I’m going to need a lot more green teas than I have, lol.

The leaves are great for at least three steepings (so far). The only thing I’ve noticed that detracted from the experience is a teeny bit of bitterness, which may be the result of my imprecise steeping temperature (I’ve just been boiling the water and then letting it rest for a couple of minutes before steeping. I really need to start using a candy thermometer or something).

3 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Nichole/CuppaGeek

Hi my dear! Would you please follow me? I would like to send you a PM :) Thanks!