Blissful Buds

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by fancyteacup

From Mellow Monk

Green tea made from young buds and shoots..

Aroma: Softly succulent

Taste: Lighly earthy and sweet, with hints of berry

Blissful Buds™ is a mecha, or bud tea, made from young buds and shoots. The aroma is delicately herbaceous. The flavor is rich and deep, with a broad flavor profile and a lightly sweet, tangy aftertaste. The mouthful is palate-cleansingly dry.

More about Blissful Buds™

This type of tea is also served at the end of a meal at the best sushi restaurants, where the tea is referred to as agari.

About Mellow Monk View company

Backlog:

Thank you to TeaEqualsBliss for sending me some of this tea.

A really lovely green. No big surprise, I’ve always been very impressed with Mellow Monk’s offerings. They have one of my favorite greens ever. (Top Leaf)

The leaves are so tiny, they are young buds and shoots … so tiny!!!

Sweet, very spring-like. Like fresh, new grass and leaf buds and the freshness of the spring air. Dew drops on a new blade of grass. Sweet and lovely.

Here’s my full-length review of this one: http://sororiteasisters.com/2013/03/11/blissful-buds-green-tea-from-mellow-monk/

This is a drier earthy-sweet. Quite different yet pleasingly tasty! The cooler it gets – the flavor changes a little to a slight grassy flavor. Thumbs up!

I prepared this tea according the instructions and it was fine(1 heaping teaspoon of tea leaves for an 8-ounce cup or mug. The water temperature should be about 75 degrees Celcius (167 degrees Fahrenheit) , let the tea brew for about 3 minutes. For the second and third steepings, let the tea brew for about 30 seconds to 1 minute). I will try different brewing options.

Maybe not my preferred tea but in my list of “the teas that I love”. I will certainly order it again.

When brewed at a mild temperature (65 deg.), this tea is extremely light and sweet, with a slight berry-like tang to it. It needs hotter water to get the most from it. A quirky tea, for sure.

First infusion – 5 g. per 8 oz water, 70 deg., 1:00 min.

Second infusion – 5 g. per 8 oz. water, 70 deg., 2:30 min.

Third infusion – 5 g. per 5 oz. water, 70 deg., 10+ min.

This is a good, decent-priced green tea. I like the young, bright flavor of the buds. You don’t need much to make a strong pot. Would get this again and again and rotate with the other Mellow Monk teas.

I love Mellow Monk. All of their teas are great, and this one is no exception. It packs a potent bitter quality, which makes it a nice after-meal drink. I enjoy it enough to order it again, but not enough to keep it in stock considering that the Top Leaf steals the show, and gives me everything I need. It was quite special.

I can’t say I’m very fond of it’s bitter aftertaste, but from what I understand this is common with most Mecha’s.