2008 Menghai Dayi "7632"

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by mrmopar
Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 5 g 3 oz / 100 ml

From menghai dayi(berylleb ebay)

Pu’er Tea the old is better and better for our health.
Ripe Pu’er tea products with yellow package are unusual high grade Ripe Pu’e tea products.
7632 Ripe Pu’er Tea cake is packed with yellow package, it is one high grade Ripe Pu’er tea product of Menghai Dayi Tea Factory. It is made from three grade tea leaves, which are the slender and tender tips of the tea plantations in Menghai county. It is moderately fermented and processed. The leaf lines are shapely with tight golden hairs, yielding a bright thick red broth with mellow and smooth flavor and pure aged aroma. It is valuable for collecting.
The tea has saved for a few years, it has passed natural fermentation, it not only has many elements which are very benefit for our health, but also has better taste.

About menghai dayi(berylleb ebay) View company

Bought this a while back to accompany the 2012 version of the same cake. In terms of leaf grade this one is only second currently to a Menghai 0712. I have been on this one for two evenings now and it still surprises me. At first I though it to be a little weak on the first infusion I did and was thinking maybe I shouldn’t have gotten this one. I let the tea sit in the yixing with the bit of steam while I put the first cup down. I was hesitant about how this was going to turn out. The second steep really woke it up meaning I should have rinsed it twice. The brew is much darker than the first infusion and I think I got it right this time. It came across as a bit of leather with a hit of fruit with an almost pucker like eating a half ripe persimmon. This tea continues to get darker on the second day and I even pulled some out to brew in the gaiwan. This one puts a small amount of the dry on the sides of the tongue but continues to be a pretty good one. I have had tea that i would be embarrassed to put a note up as they where ones I could not stomach and some that My simple words could not do justice. This tea is sweet , juicy , tart and a bit drying all rolled into one. It has been a very pleasant one to drink and will fall into the same category as a “high mountain charm” or a “wei zui yan” shou. It is warming and smooth to drink and I think this will go to the third day with good strength in the cup. I will put it slightly higher than the “adorned in red” cake but the two are nice and comparably have good aspects that I would choose in a shou cha. I did short steeps with water just off the boil and I will increase the steeps for the later rounds.

A treat from boychik

oh so smooth.

Some infusions seemed really sweet. Some seemed a little earthy. Some seemed both.

Rich and tasty.

it makes me happy ;)

Cheri

Me too!

two days of this tea – im in a Puerh heaven. it is very very good puerh, complex, first 5 steeps maybe so unlike each other.
5g 100ml gaiwan 212F
rinse pause 5/5/10/10/15/15/20/30/ sec etc
Wet leaves have strong smell of dried apricots
1st steep produced brownish reddish clear tea. its sweet but had some sourdough notes at the very end of the sip
2nd steep clean and sweet. as cooled introduced some cream
3rd steep it smelled and tasted of strong cream of wheat.
here i stopped taking notes, it was a midnight. some steeps were mellow, then introduced more flavors. i wasnt paying attention. i just enjoyed.
i have to mention i haven’t noticed any earthiness, leather, cedar or barn smell. this tea is very clean.
I think I should stop rating Puerh. its so hard to put a number for me

0 min, 15 sec 5 g 3 OZ / 100 ML
Marzipan

It’s not tea related, but made me remember how when my older daughter was a toddler she called it “cweamy weep”.

boychik

Haha, kids when they little just start talking are so adorable. I used to write down some funny stuff.

Marzipan

Another favorite was “flumbingo” for flamingo.

mrmopar

This is a “Special cake” for us at home. We pull it out every year on Valentines and Christmas eve to drink. It has been aging well and we have a backup cake also. I also purchased one from 2012 to age and sit till we drink the other two.

boychik

It’s so good. It’s not giving up!

ifjuly

sounds beautiful!

boychik

My writing doesn’t do a justice to this wonderful tea. You are better at it;)