Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by mrmopar

From Menghai Dayi Tea factory ( sourced fro Dr Tea Alliexpress)

Made from leaves from Bada mountain high altitude trees. 1000 gram

About Menghai Dayi Tea factory ( sourced fro Dr Tea Alliexpress) View company

Trying this for the first time since I obtained it. I will probably never drink all of this in my lifetime since it is a 1000 gram brick meant to age. It is a very tightly compacted brick and pretty tough to break into. It has a “dryness” on the tongue and an almost apricot taste with a light coffee taste. difficult to accurately describe but pretty good overall. you all know I am kind of a "shou puerh’ head. It is nice. Not one of the best but a good affordable tea per cup considering the size of the brick. Apricot, light roast coffee and a hint of woodiness. I will retry this on a second steep tomorrow and may adjust the notes a little.

A decent ripe from Dayi. It is musty and woodsy, in a good way. If you like those qualities you will probably enjoy this tea.

I could definitely see this as a daily drinker. It’s very smooth and easy to drink. A nice overall taste. Nothing too contemplative. Quite perfect for a day of writing and editing. I think I am slowing acquiring more and more great shou for writing sessions. Huzzah!

The set-up:

Love your set up:)

Yep +1 on the brewing setup! Nice!

Pretty :-)