Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by mrmopar
Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 10 g 6 oz / 175 ml

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Bought this a couple of months ago and just got around to tasting it. It’s my first full-sized Dayi cake but, unfortunately, I am not impressed. I’ve drunk a lot of shou over the last 2...” Read full tasting note
    Arster 7 tasting notes

From Menghai Tea Factory (berylleb on ebay)

Ripe Pu’er tea products with yellow package are unusual high grade Ripe Pu’e tea products.
7632 Ripe Pu’er Tea cake is packed with yellow package, it is one high grade Ripe Pu’er tea product of Menghai Dayi Tea Factory. It is made from three grade tea leaves, which are the slender and tender tips of the tea plantations in Menghai county. It is moderately fermented and processed. The leaf lines are shapely with tight golden hairs, yielding a bright thick red broth with mellow and smooth flavor and pure aged aroma. It is valuable for collecting.
The tea has saved for a few years, it has passed natural fermentation, it not only has many elements which are very benefit for our health, but also has better taste.

About Menghai Tea Factory (berylleb on ebay) View company

1 Tasting Note

Bought this a couple of months ago and just got around to tasting it. It’s my first full-sized Dayi cake but, unfortunately, I am not impressed. I’ve drunk a lot of shou over the last 2 or 3 years and there’s something sorely lacking in this cake. It’s kind of dull tasting, nothing objectionable but not at all sweet and steeps out after about 6 times. I expected a treat and found it very disappointing. Planning to let it sit a while and see what happens but I don’t have high hopes for any improvement.

Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 10 g 6 OZ / 175 ML