Menghai Dayi "High Mountain Charm" Ripe 2010

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by mrmopar

From Menghai Tea Factory(from berylleb ebay)

High Mountain Tea Charm Ripe Pu’er Tea is made from high quality tea leaves in high mountain areas in Menghai county, and is special fermented and processed. The cake is round and leaf lines are tigh and shapely and appropriately packed. The cake surface yields a brownish red color with fine sheen and golden hairs. It brews a thick bright red broth with mellow and smooth taste, well-balanced with a rich aged flavor.

About Menghai Tea Factory(from berylleb ebay) View company

Thank you Mrmopar for this Puerh Sample I’m backlogging for a reason.
Here is the beginning of the review of this tea, but the rest of the review can be found on my new blog so please take a look!

Any corrections or suggestions, let me know. I’m a rookie! The music is my granddaughter Megan’s that she wrote when she was 16.

I chose this 2010 High Mountain Charm Pu Erh because of soft earthy floral quality, and smoothness. I was looking for the best tea to pair with my trip to the Scottish Games in Estes Park, Colorado.

Pu Erh is a wild tea in my opinion, and there is nothing tame about a Shu! Something about Shu says Men in Kilts, Pipers, Whiskey, Laughter…and friendship all around (at least it says that to me)!
On the ‘Cameron’ side of my family, joking and golf, singing and laughter (always more golf), bagpipes, the fiddle and dancing are who we were. (We still try to live up to the old ways.)
Grandpa Charlie made bathtub beer during prohibition in San Francisco. His Uncles and Great Grandpa Duncan would drink beer and Whiskey. Jack would play the fiddle, Alan the pipes, Duncan told jokes in Gaelic and all sang loudly half the night. My mother (only about 6) would sit hiding under the dining table listening with glee, laughing with them and understanding not a word.

Yay! Bonnie has her new blog!! Oh, I’m such a gropie already, congrats!

Terri HarpLady

I love your blog, Bonnie!

Thank you. For those of you who have blogs, you know how hard it is to take pictures. For instance, the picture of the tea and incense was taken on my BED! I know I need to add recipes and lots of other things but I have time.

looking forward to checking it out!

Congrats on your blog!!!!!

congratulation Bonnie ! I’m looking forward to see your recipes

If you never go to my blog but once, please read my whole bio. It tells you who got me to do it in the first place and who did the real work kick starting the whole project and deserves a huge thank you! (Prodding from Steepster’s and this person made me say OK)

Another session with this one yixing style. Even richer a small touch of bitter quickly followed by the sweetness this pu gives. A top Menghai tea well worth the price for a pu lover. This tea keeps aging gracefully

Very nice! Hi buddy!

hey how are you? looking forward to your tasting notes….as always. you have the best notes!

I want a ride in your car!

…!!! And the award for “Longest Name on a Pu’erh” goes to !!!…
Haha, sounds very good :)

This is only my 4th shou experience. I am getting better at enjoying this style. This one is lighter in flavour in my opinion which is a very good thing for this newbie. Great way to start out with. Towards the middle steeps I started tasting honey notes. Baby steps but I do think I could really start enjoying ripe puerh.

6 g 6 OZ / 177 ML

Got a sample of this tea from a friend and enjoyed it very much!

It was a sweet one with dark dried fruit flavors. It has a certain powdery quality that I find hard to describe. Quite enjoyable shou :)

This shou looks clean, smells clean, brews a clean deep ruby-red soup with an earthy aroma that is warm and rich. The ripened tea produces the characteristic Menghai ripe cup with no lingering trace of fermentation. Gradually, the prominent earthy/woodsy notes transition into a gentle bittersweet that is simply delightful offering a smooth, thick, slippery mouthfeel and a satisfying lightly sweet aftertaste.

200 °F / 93 °C 0 min, 15 sec 7 g 3 OZ / 100 ML

A pretty good morning cuppa. Medium body, decent flavor. A bit dry, as in like a dry red wine, with some mouth puckering astringency. Not very earthy, simple and straightforward.