357 gram Menghai Dayi Hong - 2008

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by tperez

• “the tea to be infused in my new yixing pot. a great tea smooth with no hints of a new shu. this tea has been properly dry aged and has me going back to get another to have in reserve.it will be...” Read full tasting note
    mrmopar 156 tasting notes

From Menghai Tea Factory (from mandala teas)

Got our first cases of this after trying a sample a month after it was released. We knew right away where this tea was going in regards to aging, and like most Dayi cakes, it has really opened up in flavor around the 3 year mark.

While we like the early, stronger infusions, we find the teas complexities show up after the 4th or 5th infusions as the sweetness and spice make their appearance.

Try a one ounce sample if you’d like to enjoy this before committing to an entire cake. Either way, you lovers of ripe tea won’t be disappointed!

About Menghai Tea Factory (from mandala teas) View company

the tea to be infused in my new yixing pot. a great tea smooth with no hints of a new shu. this tea has been properly dry aged and has me going back to get another to have in reserve.it will be one of my favorites. a great dayi cake with all the richness and mouthfeel of a smaller premium dayi cake.going back for another cup. and this is a 357 gram cake not a 57 typo on my side.

Bonnie

Congrats on the new Yixing pot being cured and ready! And a good shu that fits (that was a pun!).

mrmopar

thanks bonnie you are a hoot!