357 gram Menghai Dayi Hong - 2008

Pu-erh Tea
Cedar
Edit tea info Last updated by tperez

• “the tea to be infused in my new yixing pot. a great tea smooth with no hints of a new shu. this tea has been properly dry aged and has me going back to get another to have in reserve.it will be...” Read full tasting note
    mrmopar 215 tasting notes
  • “6g 100ml glass gongfu pot 212F Rinse/pause/5/7/5/5/7/10 sec etc Wonderful thick luscious shou. Rich with dried fruits, leather, some wood . Also detected some milk chocolate notes. So smooth and...” Read full tasting note
    boychik 418 tasting notes
  • “I have spent the past few days drinking this tea and I have enjoyed it. The dry leaf is musky with camphor notes, while the liquor is mellow and dark with hints of cedar and allspice. It is a...” Read full tasting note
    Roughage 240 tasting notes

From Menghai Tea Factory (from mandala teas)

Got our first cases of this after trying a sample a month after it was released. We knew right away where this tea was going in regards to aging, and like most Dayi cakes, it has really opened up in flavor around the 3 year mark.

While we like the early, stronger infusions, we find the teas complexities show up after the 4th or 5th infusions as the sweetness and spice make their appearance.

Try a one ounce sample if you’d like to enjoy this before committing to an entire cake. Either way, you lovers of ripe tea won’t be disappointed!

About Menghai Tea Factory (from mandala teas) View company

the tea to be infused in my new yixing pot. a great tea smooth with no hints of a new shu. this tea has been properly dry aged and has me going back to get another to have in reserve.it will be one of my favorites. a great dayi cake with all the richness and mouthfeel of a smaller premium dayi cake.going back for another cup. and this is a 357 gram cake not a 57 typo on my side.

Bonnie

Congrats on the new Yixing pot being cured and ready! And a good shu that fits (that was a pun!).

mrmopar

thanks bonnie you are a hoot!

6g 100ml glass gongfu pot 212F
Rinse/pause/5/7/5/5/7/10 sec etc
Wonderful thick luscious shou. Rich with dried fruits, leather, some wood . Also detected some milk chocolate notes. So smooth and clean. Delightful. Really enjoyed after endless sheng sessions.
Many thanks to my generous tea friend. Your samples are always great.

Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 6 g 3 OZ / 100 ML
Fjellrev

Beautiful pot!

Kirkoneill1988

awesome! so are the pics! :D

boychik

Thank you Fjellrev and Kirkoneill1988.

Kirkoneill1988

i hope to buy a gongfu set soon

I have spent the past few days drinking this tea and I have enjoyed it. The dry leaf is musky with camphor notes, while the liquor is mellow and dark with hints of cedar and allspice. It is a warming tea and one to keep you going on a cold winter’s night (or through the endless travails of revision, as I am doing at the moment).

Flavors: Cedar

205 °F / 96 °C 0 min, 15 sec 6 g 5 OZ / 150 ML
TheTeaFairy

Osmanthus always taste like peach to my. Gui Hua Osmanthus from Tealux is even more peachy than Teavivre, but doesn’t have that olive oil quality I found in Teavivre. Both will be in your next box, so you can decide for yourself :-)

TheTeaFairy

Lol, roughage, ignore the previous comment, it is meant for another post OBVIOUSLY :-) Oops…sorry!

Roughage

No worries. You raised a smile from me anyway and gave me a laugh. :)

TheTeaFairy

Then if it gave you a smile, it was a good mistake :-) I would love to start a box for you some day too… I have too many things going on right now, but let me know if my cupboard is of any interest to you, I would gladly share whatever you fancy when time is right, overseas swaps are always interesting :-)

Roughage

Thank you. A swap might be a good idea in the future then. I look forward to it.

DigniTea

I picked up this cake several months ago but I’ve not yet worked on it. Your comments remind me that it is probably time to sit down and try it.