2006 Menghai Dayi " Bada High Mountain Tea"

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by mrmopar
Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 7 g 3 oz / 100 ml

From Menghai Tea Factory( purchased from berylleb ebay)

2006 Dayi Bada High Mountain Tea was made from the high grade early spring tea leaves in Bada organic tea plantation, the tea leaves are fermented and painstakingly processed by the traditional processing skills of Menghai Tea Factory. The lines are fat, yielding a thick bright red broth and a mellow and smooth flavor and high pure aged aroma.
The tea has saved for a few years, it has passed natural fermentation, it not only has many elements which are very benefit for our health, but also has better taste.

About Menghai Tea Factory( purchased from berylleb ebay) View company

This tea now sells for a whopping $150. Did you who now own this pay that much? I am only tasting a sample. Anyway, this tea is certainly very good, though not nearly good enough to justify its current price. It is on the lighter side, with that signature ripe Dayi taste in the background, rather than upfront like it usually is. Quite smooth, and definitely different than your run of the mill Dayi. Tastes like gushu. I get cocoa, a little burnt coffee, and mostly a clean shu flavor.

I really enjoyed this shou sample from a friend today. Pretty much perfect shou flavor! :D

What an enjoyable shou. The dark leaves yield a dark red tea broth with smooth and mellow flavor. Layers of flavors to enjoy and the finish is sweet in the throat. One of the deepest ripe puerhs I have enjoyed. Definitely no fermentation taste left – none of the wo dui flavor common in heavily fermented shou. In addition, I do not detect the typical woody flavors – this one is more like dark cocoa and minimally sweetened biscuits. This is a good one!

Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 7 g 3 OZ / 100 ML

I got this one and I really need to try it now.