2007 Menghai Dayi "7572"

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by mrmopar

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I am not a big fan of Shu, but oddly sometimes this tea serves me so well, such as on a cold winter night! This tea has nice bright dark red tea liquor. The taste is smooth with a soupy...” Read full tasting note
    gingko 42 tasting notes

From Menghai Tea Factory

Yunnan Chi Tse Been Cha is also known as “Round Tea”, it is one of the famous products of Yunnan Pu-erh Tea, it adopts solorized raw tea of broad-leaf type in certain districts of Yunnan as raw material, processed by optimum fermentation, steamed and pressed to form its shape. It flavored with smooth and mellow and has a long lasting finishing. If aged under proper condition, the quality will be constantly upgraded.
The Ripe Cake is Menghai Tea Factory’s archetypal ripe tea product. Since it was first developed in 1970’s. It has used golden hairs fine leaves for the cake surface and fat green leaves for the center. Moderately fermented, it is brownish red in color, yielding a bright red broth. The overall quality is high, and this product enjoys broad acclaim. This tea is considered as the market standard for ripe Pu-erh tea products.

About Menghai Tea Factory View company

1 Tasting Note

This tea has nice bright dark red tea liquor. The taste is smooth with a soupy texture, feels very clean, no offensive over-fermentation taste at all. It’s after taste is not only sweet, but also somewhat more complicated (in a nice way) than most shu I’ve tried. No wonder it’s seen by a lot of people as a classic product of shu.

If I have to critique on it, I would say its taste is on the weaker side. But very possibly many flavors of shu that’s favored by a lot of other people just escape my radar. The tea is very soothing, with great mouth feel and excellent warming effect. It really made every skin pore of mine feel comfortable!

A friend of mine commented that he feels this tea doesn’t taste much different from its 2008 version, which seems to me may not be a bad thing at all.