2011 Menghai Dayi "Wu Zi Deng Ke"

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by DigniTea

• “One of my favorites wish they made it into a cake larger than 150 grams. dark mysterious woody and subdued floral hints. I resteep about three times. I liked this so much I purchased a 750 gram tin...” Read full tasting note
    mrmopar 245 tasting notes
  • “Dayi knows shu puer and they usually do it very well. This tea is one of the staples in my shu tea cabinet -smooth, powerful and enduring. A distinctive, quality Dayi product. Always reliable...” Read full tasting note
    Dignitea 255 tasting notes

From Menghai Tea Factory

2011 Menghai Dayi “Wu Zi Deng Ke” Ripe 150g
“wu zi deng ke (五子登科)” means “may your five sons achieve great success in the imperial examinations”. In Chinese ancient, a family had five sons, and the five sons studied hard, and had high qualities in every respect, and the five sons achieved the great success in the imperial examinations, and became useful to the country.

About Menghai Tea Factory View company

One of my favorites wish they made it into a cake larger than 150 grams. dark mysterious woody and subdued floral hints. I resteep about three times. I liked this so much I purchased a 750 gram tin of five and it is a go to when I want a smooth tea at the end of the day. 100 percent top pu-er! You must be a pu-er drinker not for the faint of heart! Re-steep adding about 15 seconds to your prior time I get about 4 out of it.

Bonnie

Oh shut up! Bragger! You had better not go anywhere carrying this on you is all I can say…you won’t be safe!!!

Bonnie

I went to Church today…I forgot Thou Shalt Not Covet…well…drats!

Dayi knows shu puer and they usually do it very well. This tea is one of the staples in my shu tea cabinet -smooth, powerful and enduring. A distinctive, quality Dayi product. Always reliable and it is a fantastic everyday shu! Produced in small 150 gram cakes and very affordable. Rather complex flavor profile – wood, honey, vanilla, nuts, cream. I brew it heavy; it yields a syrupy cup; it lasts all day through many resteeps.

205 °F / 96 °C 0 min, 15 sec 9 g 4 OZ / 120 ML
looseTman

YUM! Pesticie-free or EUROFINS compliant?

tea123

Good review – ordered!

DigniTea

looseTman – I’ve not seen any comments to confirm this.

tea123 – I’m drinking this one again this morning. Hope you too enjoy it.

mrmopar

A good one for sure.

tea123

This suggests this is EUROFINS compliant – scroll to the near bottom.

looseTman

tea123, Excellent news! Thanks!!

150g cake Ordered!