2007 Menghai Dayi 0712 Raw

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by DigniTea

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Trying this out tonight. This is the highest grade Menghai cake that I possess. The taste of it is kind of puzzling. The cake is loosely compressed and easy to break apart. I brewed this in the...” Read full tasting note
    mrmopar 198 tasting notes

From Menghai Tea Factory

Menghai Dayi 0712 Chi Tse Beeng Raw
0712 is new recipe for 2007. This raw Pu-erh cake is composed of buds and tender leaves. The tea has a smooth flavor with a sweet floral after-taste. An excellent candidate for the highest grade of Menghai Dayi Pu-erh.

About Menghai Tea Factory View company

1 Tasting Note

Trying this out tonight. This is the highest grade Menghai cake that I possess. The taste of it is kind of puzzling. The cake is loosely compressed and easy to break apart. I brewed this in the gaiwan to keep the flavor notes from being softened by the yixing pot. It has a buttered pea aroma to it. I washed it once for about 10 seconds and went on to steeping it 3 times and pouring it all in a 10 oz. cup. It sill has some astringency and the color is still pretty yellow for a 6 year old tea. It has notes of honey and flower in it. There is still some smoke to it and the drying on the side of the tongue. A light oiliness coats the inside of the mouth. Head to head against the 8582 from a year younger i would prefer it over this one. Needless to say I hope it will age well. It has given me a bit of sweat that the 8582 lacked. An OK sheng to drink nevertheless. i will try this in the yixing tomorrow.