Angel's Dream Tea

Black Green Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

From Metropolitan Tea Company

Angels Dream is a heavenly tea with maple sweetness, blackberry pungency, juicy Assam’s, and a hint of our mystery green tea. Take wind and fly. More about this tea

About Metropolitan Tea Company View company

I must say this tea surprised me in more ways than one!

The aroma is delightful. Mostly a sugary Maple scent with the tea scent to back it up.

It’s Medium Brown in color.

Yes, it’s bagged tea, but it’s quite good!

I can taste primarily the Maple but it’s not overpowering. I can taste the blueberry a bit as well. I sort of reminds me of blueberry pancakes with maple syrup minus the pancakes. YUM!

Because I’m feeling quite rushed today I went to warm-up my cup and noticed that the 2nd steep on the same bag worked out pretty well if you are in a pinch.

The 2nd steep seems the maple taste is a little less and the blueberry a little more.

There’s just something about the Maple/Blueberry pair…I didn’t think I would like it – but I really do. This is a great flavored tea/treat in a bag….great for days on the go!!!

SoccerMom

Okay now your just making me hungry! Blueberry pancakes really?? LOL

TeaEqualsBliss

Yes…that is what first popped into my head while drinking this one! LOL
OMG! Just got your package! Thank you!!!!! Just sent you a PM…

Sooooo….I went to George’s Tea Emporium with ShayneBear last week, and I picked up a small tin of this. I was intrigued by the description of blackberry and maple, as I had been looking at both maple tea and black currant (which I know isn’t the same, but whatever) but wasn’t sure what to get and didn’t want to get too much (I’m lacking in space until I finish more teas).

The scent of this is pretty mild, but sweet, and the green tea mellows the main black base, I think. This tea is a bit more stripped down and basic, compared to my normal assortment of teas. It doesn’t look terribly fancy.

Brewed up a dark rich mahogany color…milk and sugar were added. This tea is one where it is subtle flavour, but it is there. Although I could not taste the blackberry itself, I could detect a light fruity taste, but most prominent was the juicy mouthfeel that is in the description. As for the maple flavour, I could faintly detect it as it was not the same kind of sweet that came from the sugar.

Overall, this is a nice tea. It’s a step up from a standard black blend with a little extra juicy sweetness. Does it have a place in my regular rotation? Maybe. But DAVIDs is much closer to me, and Murchies carries the same level of tea, and I’m lazy, but perhaps if we do another visit there, I will get some. My tin, albeit small, will likely last a while.

OMGsrsly

The maple tea they have is a mere shadow of the maple tea from Steam. If you want maple candy flavoured tea of awesome, I’ll get you some for the next meetup! (Maple candy like when they boil maple syrup till it solidifies in a candy mould. Srsly.)

oh man seriously?

OMGsrsly

Oh, yeah. Just need to let it cool a bit and then it’s MAPLE. Want some? :)

Amariel

Oh absolutely!

omg….we may need to do a swap in the near future lol

OMGsrsly

Heather, it’s on my list for you! :)

I just got this tea from a swap with many other teas from Teaequalsbliss,thanks so very much! by the way. This I’s a teabag dry this smells abit like berry. I steeped it up and now can smell the berry more with a hint of sweetness. Taste wise this tastes like black tea with a blackberry thats natural but not over tart with abit of sweetness of the maple. Now blackberry is not one of my favorite berries but with the maple it tones that tartness down. So this is pretty good.

Cofftea

Maple and blackberry sounds like a weird combo…

Meghann M

Sounds like a great pairing with pancakes or waffles. I love blackberry syrup so I bet this is delicious!

Sipdown! Thanks, Heather!

This tea is definitely berry. The berry flavour, especially after adding a tiny bit of sugar (1/8 tsp for 1 cup), is nice and juicy. I don’t really get maple from it, but that’s OK. I’m sure I could have brought it out by adding maple syrup to the tea instead of sugar. :)

While I’m enjoying this cup, I’m not sure I’d go out of my way to get some. There are other fruity teas I prefer (Fruits D’Alsace) to this one, as the base teas are more in line with my tastes.

Backlog:

Had this at Selah Tea Cafe iced. Just ok. I did not pick up on the berries, although it was a little sweet. Very generic black base. It mentions there is green tea in the blend as well, but I didn’t taste it.

From the tea journal:
I am just going to the source on this one. It is readily available at many vendors. I tried mine from Culinary Teas, and then purchased a larger amount from The English Tea Store. I do like the maple and blackberry flavors in this one. I don’t think I would rate it as among my favorites, but it is a pleasant cuppa. I probably won’t get more for some time once I am out. Too many more teas to try to keep purchasing one that is just pretty good.