Pina Colada Carmen Miranda

Fruit Tea
Coconut
Edit tea info Last updated by TheKesser

From Metropolitan Tea Company

Luxury natural dried apple, pineable pieces, hibiscus petals, rosehip, coconut and natural flavours.

About Metropolitan Tea Company View company

I hate hibiscus. I’m ready to fully admit that the stuff needs to go.
I bought this yesterday when I was out with my mom. There’s an amazing little shop only about 20mins from place that has a TON of teas. I had never heard of this one before, so I thought, hey, why not give it a try?
I love the smell of it. COCONUT!!! LOVED the smell. That’s what hooked me!
Taste… :( The poor coconut, apple, pineapple goodness was lost behind the hibiscus. I don’t know if I made it too strong or if I let it steep too long, but the hibiscus was too much. I know this is going to sound weird, but I’m wondering if it’s hard or easy to take all the hibiscus out of it? I’m going to try it again… :(

gmathis

It doesn’t always work, but sometimes I’ve cold steeped hibiscus-heavy teas and it wasn’t quite as pronounced. Still there, but it wasn’t so tart it makes your eyes water.

TheKesser

That’s one steeping method I haven’t tried yet, but I’ve been meaning to. I think I’ll have to give that a try with this one.

This was weirdddddd!

I cold brewed it (total of 14 hours), and it came out so odd at work today. Although, I guess I should have expected it. This has lots of hibiscus in it which was definitely a really interesting, contrasting flavour from the coconut. What ended up happening was the hibiscus took over the pineapple in flavour and the result was a fruity, sharp sour “tang” as the initial taste, and then a smooth, coconut finish.

I haven’t made my mind up whether I like this or not.

Also, work was SO busy today! I didn’t get a breather all day. We were under staffed, which pisses me off so much because we wouldn’t have been if so many people weren’t fired. Ughh!

Flavors: Coconut