Edit tea info Last updated by TheKesser
170 °F / 76 °C

• “I'm pretty sure this is the sweet iced tea I had with dinner at the teahouse. A squeeze of lemon gave it a summery feel. Strawberry flavor is strong but natural tasting and not overpowering. ” Read full tasting note
    janefan 2608 tasting notes
  • “There's a new place that opened up only a couple of blocks away from me that sells like... over 100 different varieties of Metropolitan tea company. I went in there for the first time yesterday......” Read full tasting note
    TheKesser 338 tasting notes
  • “I'm not a big fan of fruity teas, but this one is quite nice and doesn't have that sickly-sweetness so many of them do. I like to drink it with milk every so often as an afternoon tea.” Read full tasting note
    tielesse 56 tasting notes

From Metropolitan Tea Company

Flavored Ceylon Black Tea
Origin: Sri Lanka
Region: Dimbula
Grade OP
Ingredients: Luxury black tea, Natural dried papaya, Freeze dried strawberry, Blackberry leaves, Natural flavors.

An Intense Strawberry flavor one would expect from Wild Strawberries. Outstanding Iced Tea! Just add a pinch of sugar or sweetener.

About Metropolitan Tea Company View company

I’m pretty sure this is the sweet iced tea I had with dinner at the teahouse. A squeeze of lemon gave it a summery feel. Strawberry flavor is strong but natural tasting and not overpowering.

Iced

There’s a new place that opened up only a couple of blocks away from me that sells like… over 100 different varieties of Metropolitan tea company. I went in there for the first time yesterday… it was amazing.

This one definitely stood out to me as I’ve been really, really wanting a good black strawberry tea. I wish I had bought the 250g bag that I saw on Davidstea website site of Strawberry Shortcake last fall, but I didn’t… and now I’m kicking myself.

Anyways, so since that time, I’ve been looking, like I said. This one is amazing. It has just black tea and dehydrated fruits. It’s so delicious. It’s sweet, but not in a bad way. It’s just perfect. AND NO hibiscus!! That’s why I love davidstea one. It had no hibiscus, and the Steeped Tea one I tried did, which made me dislike it. Obviously this one doesn’t taste the same as the Davidstea one that I love so much, but it’s so good. I’m going to keep this one in the cupboard for sure!

gmathis

That’s living dangerously … 100 varieties of tea that close … I would spend all my allowance and most of my spouse’s!

TheKesser

lol yeah it’s pretty dangerous for sure! The fact I only bought ONE tea when I went in there was surprising. I bought a few empty tins that hold about 50g too. I’m going to see if they’ll order a bunch more. They look exactly like the Davidstea tins, but they are smaller and the ones I got were white.

gmathis

I was looking for some locally (why I thought I could find tins in the armpit of the Midwest, I don’t know). No luck, even at Bed/Bath & Beyond’s kitchen gimmick section.

I’m not a big fan of fruity teas, but this one is quite nice and doesn’t have that sickly-sweetness so many of them do. I like to drink it with milk every so often as an afternoon tea.

205 °F / 96 °C