Green Tea Tropical

Fruit Green Blend
Cornflower Petals, Green Tea Leaves, Marigold Petals, Natural Flavours, Pineapple
Bitter, Fruity, Blueberry, Pineapple
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “Having an afternoon tea here, this came for free at the office, I actually don’t mind this one. I brewed it and then poured it over ice and it’s pretty good that way. The sunny weather...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2802 tasting notes
  • “Had this earlier while out with the kids, because it was the only tea on their roster that appealed to me. I doubt I got the full effect, as it came to me already immersed in boiling water; I took...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1367 tasting notes
  • “Wow, alright. This appears to be a tea that Steepster either loves or hates. We’ll see how this goes. The dry bag smells very appealing. Like a mix between sencha, pineapple, and mango. Heavy...” Read full tasting note
    tabby 522 tasting notes
  • “It tastes like fake and overripe/almost rotten mango with a base of bitter, low quality green tea. If I felt like manning up, I could probably drink this cup, but I’d be making a face all...” Read full tasting note
    aug3zimm 911 tasting notes

From Mighty Leaf Tea

Green Tea Tropical green tea boasts smooth green tea leaves that harmoniously blend with sweet tropical fruits to create a sensation as uplifting as a breeze of the isle of Papenoo. A healthy and refreshing blend rich in antioxidants, Green Tea Tropical makes an ideal introduction to green tea.

About Mighty Leaf Tea View company

Mighty Leaf Tea was born for the sole purpose of infusing life into an ancient indulgence by creating tea products that reach new heights of quality and innovation. Our passion is creating the most incredible handcrafted tea blends found anywhere, globally sourcing the finest ingredients available. Paralleling the highest standards of quality at Mighty Leaf Tea is ongoing creative innovation.

This tea is bitter, and has very little tropical flavoring to it. The worst part was that as the tea cooled, it just kept getting weaker and weaker. I would only recommend this tea to people who are just trying to get into green tea and prefer to not have too much of a grassy taste to their teas.

See my full review:

Flavors: Bitter, Fruity

A few years back my wife was in the hospital for a 12 days stretch, and I was there with her to watch and wait. I didn’t have a lot of creature comforts at that time, but I did have some matches of Green Tea Tropical. Without a way to get hot water (I wasn’t one to ask for things or venture far from the room at the time), I brewed this in a water bottle over and over throughout the day with cold tap, one bag per day until it ran out. It probably sounds awful, but it wasn’t. The tea held up to all those cold-water brewings and still had enough flavor to overpower the tap. I’ll never be able to separate this tea from that experience, so I thought I’d share.

For me there’s more floral than fruit to this tea, and the underlying green is good, if a bit weak. I can see how some might get sick of the strong’ish fruity flavor, but it’s better iced and weak. If you have a few bags left and you weren’t so sure about this tea after trying it hot, iced is also nice.

Huh. I finished this off a few days ago but didn’t bother to write a review because I got it confused with Revolution’s Tropical Green Tea. It was nice and fruity. Nothing astounding, though.

Happy Passover/Easter/regular Sunday, as appropriate!

I’m sipping on this tea this afternoon because I have just been drinking so many black teas lately that I needed a bit of a change. My friend bought me this tea as a congratulations on my new job. She knew I liked tea, so she picked one up for me! So sweet. I am a fan of Mighty Leaf’s White Orchard, so I was pretty excited to try this one, too.

First off, I have no idea how hot my water is at work, so I may have steeped it at water that was too hot. That being said, I wasn’t too impressed by this tea. It did have a pleasant, generic tropical kind of taste that was to be expected. However, it verges on the edge of tasting medicinal to me rather than natural, juicy fruit flavors. It’s nice enough to have at work, so I’ll probably keep it around my desk somewhere.

Edit: As it’s cooling, the flavor becomes more medicinal, eek. I’ll just have to gulp it down while it’s still hot!

The tea that started me on tea. Fruity notes, stronger sweet aroma than flavor, but still enjoyable. Can withstand multiple brewings fairly well.

Flavors: Blueberry, Pineapple

3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I’m hosting interviews again today, so it’s bagged tea and a thermos for the majority of the day. I picked this one out last night as I haven’t tried it for a good long while, and my recollection of it is hazy. As my first tea of the day, it wasn’t a bad choice! The tropical flavouring here is juicy and fresh, although quite generic. I’m pretty sure there’s pineapple and mango, although on the whole it tastes tastes like Um Bongo. Not that that’s a bad thing — it was a much loved drink of my childhood, after all. There’s a slight bitterness, although that’s probably at least partly my fault given the less than perfect brewing conditions. I’ll be giving it another go and revising my note later on, anyway.

This makes for a good thirst quenching drink, and is actually very pleasant on a warm day. I’ll have to remember to try it cold brewed in the summer as well. On the whole, recommended! I’ll hold back on a rating until I’ve tried this “properly” at home, though.

Despite containing pineapple as the fruit, Mighty Leaf Green Tea Tropical reminded me a lot of Kusmi Thé Vert à la Fraise. I wonder whether strawberries and pineapple are related somehow? So, yes, this is a fairly fruity-flavored green tea with probably a bancha base green tea. I’ll try another sachet soon to get a firmer idea of what may be this tea’s unique virtues…

160 °F / 71 °C 3 min, 0 sec 2 g 10 OZ / 295 ML

My mom sent me a few sample of this tea. It smells really yummy and fruity. At first sip, it tasted a bit butter to me and the fruit wasn’t so strong. I added a little agave and it tastes sweeter and fruitier. I like it more than I do most green teas.

This tea is pretty good, but I was expecting a little less of the grassy green tea taste and a little more fruit. I find the fruit flavors to be subtle though it is definitely present. I have been drinking it as is without any sweetener. It is far from being a favorite of mine, but I have been enjoying it well enough.

It was better then I expected. The strong taste of green tea was softened by the taste of herbs. I overbrewed it a little bit and I thought that it will taste like veeery strong green tea. No, fortunately and surprisingly it was very pleasant. I liked it overall.