Marrakesh Mint

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Mighty Leaf Tea

Gunpowder green tea from China and refreshing Moroccan peppermint blend together to create our Marrakesh Mint green tea. Enjoy this classic green tea blend and find yourself whisked away to cascading waterfalls deep in the mountains of Morocco. Host friends and family with this lively green tea brightened with peppermint cultivated on a mountain in Tiznit.

About Mighty Leaf Tea View company

Mighty Leaf Tea was born for the sole purpose of infusing life into an ancient indulgence by creating tea products that reach new heights of quality and innovation. Our passion is creating the most incredible handcrafted tea blends found anywhere, globally sourcing the finest ingredients available. Paralleling the highest standards of quality at Mighty Leaf Tea is ongoing creative innovation.

Thanks to Rachel for this sample!

Cold-brewed this in my little infusion pitcher – I regretted buying it at first, since I didn’t think I’d use it much (I was in Teavana, and I’m ALWAYS buying things I don’t need there!) but I’ve been using it daily this summer, so that’s good.

I don’t love this. I get the mint first and foremost, and there’s the smokiness of the gunpowder behind it, but the entire experience is just a bit lacking. I think I’ll leave off a rating until I hot-brew it though!

Iced 8 min or more

We had dinner at a fairly prominent “fancy” restaurant with a Hawaiian theme. Very lovely food, very lovely location, and a very cute waitress that had a cool hospitable personality. (irrelevant, I know, but also very important to document)

I decided to try some tea, as I have never done there; I was happy they use Mighty Leaf, as I do seem to like some of their teabags.

The aroma is very green with a faint hint of mint, not as strong as I would have liked, but better than what I’m used to with most mint teabag tea.

The flavor is also very green, with a very faint hint of mint. Very light, which might have been due to the not very hot, but warm water it was steeped in.

It wasn’t bad, but could have been stronger, especially with the mint.

I had this a while ago at a restaurant. Yummy, but I had to add sugar.

I’m not exactly sure what to say about this one. It’s minty and very sweet. It’s hard to say if the Gunpowder adds anything special. It’s very good as far as mint teas go, though.

Marc Gayle

Out of curiosity, does this taste like the Morrocan Mint from Teavana or is it more like the peppermint from Teavana?

I didn’t know Mighty Leaf made a “North African Mint” version. I just had this while at Milestones. It’s my favourite version of green tea. This one was good for a tea bag version.

I normally only drink Mighty Leaf in restaurants because I prefer loose leaf and you can usually only order online from Mighty Leaf. But when in doubt at a restaurant, it is very flavourful.

A little less minty than I prefer, but heady and soothing enough for an evening cup.

One of my favorite examples of Moroccan Mint (green and mint). A perfect blend.

Tried this today. It is very drinkable and enjoyable. Nothing that stands out but just a yummy cup of tea.

There wasn’t anything overly special about it – but it’s good. The price is a little “steep” so I would opt to go with one of the less expensive options if I were in the mood for mint tea, like twinning’s pure mint.

One of my favorites just to sip and refresh.