Organic Breakfast

Organic Black Tea
Malt, Smooth, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop
Boiling 4 min, 15 sec 2 g 9 oz / 266 ml

• “Ended up at a cafe today that I’ve never been to before and it was soo good, wish I knew about it sooner. I ordered this tea with my breakfast sandwich and it was my first time having Mighty...” Read full tasting note
    CupofTree 51 tasting notes
  • “Today is my last day on this frozen ice block before going back to the coast. I’m sitting at a cafe near campus having a “holiday tea latte” made with this tea and some amaretto...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 1185 tasting notes
  • “This is the first tea that I found this morning in my big box of teabags that I’m trying to get through. I was hoping for smooth and malty, but it was a bit more robust than that. Still a...” Read full tasting note
    JosieJade 358 tasting notes
  • “This one surprised me! As far as bagged black teas go, this is a good standby. It’s bold and strong, bracing you for the day ahead. There aren’t any odd aftertastes that you sometimes...” Read full tasting note
    tabby 520 tasting notes

From Mighty Leaf Tea

Blended with black tea from Southern India, our Organic Breakfast black tea is a robust, wide-awake blend of premium black tea leaves. Our take on the classic English Breakfast is serene contemplation from dawn to dusk. Named “Best Plain Black Tea” in premium tea category by Cook’s Illustrated Magazine.

Twisted black leaves

Biscuity and sweet

Dark reddish-brown liquor

Robust body, sweet maltiness and smooth finish

Southern India

About Mighty Leaf Tea View company

Mighty Leaf Tea was born for the sole purpose of infusing life into an ancient indulgence by creating tea products that reach new heights of quality and innovation. Our passion is creating the most incredible handcrafted tea blends found anywhere, globally sourcing the finest ingredients available. Paralleling the highest standards of quality at Mighty Leaf Tea is ongoing creative innovation.

It’s not particularly unpleasant, but it’s not as strong as I would like a Breakfast tea to be. In fact, it’s undistinguished in any way. Maybe I just need a tad more ferocity in my first cup of tea each day. This one seems to lack overtones—no smoke, no malt, no punch, no pungency and nothing distinctive.
I think I prefer stronger teas and flavors in general.

I like this Breakfast tea but not as much as the version from Adagio Teas although this tea is much more forgiving as to steep times.

I’m enjoying this in my new classic teapot from Bodem that I received just yesterday

OK,so this is my favorite wake up tea. I have brewed loose tea and find that the second infusion is ok…but the third…not so much!

This is a sweet and full-bodied tea that needs a bit of time to steep, about the four minutes noted on the tag. When brewed for color this is a bit too mellow, as it develops a rich red color pretty quickly. There’s a hint of a lemony scent after brewing that sets this apart from some other English Breakfasts.

The tea has a bit of a tannin bite, but there’s enough complexity there to pull it off. I’m a fan of balance in nearly all teas, and this is exactly that. You can also manage a strong second steep, although it falls apart on the third. All in all, a tasty tea that responds well to cream and sweetener but doesn’t need it.

Ok so I cheated and gave this to a colleague, but it’s still a sipdown! My colleague really enjoyed it so there’s a win-win.

I received a surprise bag of this in a recent swap. Even though it’s a bagged, tea, the leaves are fairly large and unbroken. I tend to prefer Assam to Ceylon, but this one is quite delicious: robust and flavorful with a hint of sweetness and no bitterness or astringency, even after a 4-minute steep. I’m also happy to see that it’s organic. All in all, this is a surprise winner for me; I would totally drink it again. Thanks, Kaylee!

Flavors: Malt, Smooth, Sweet

My favorite black tea since Yorkshire!

Huge fan. Good by its lonesome and with milk & sugar. I’m a fan

Mighty Leaf has a special place in my heart as the first tea through which I discovered, a couple of years ago, that good teas in a bag or sachet could be just as fantastic as loose leaf. So I tried this one when I was getting breakfast at a cafe this morning. Unfortunately it’s a little bit of a letdown compared to some of their other black teas like Orchid Oolong. The tea was both very robust and mellow, but there wasn’t anything unique about it. In fact, I’m having a hard time coming up with anything further I can say to describe it. Still, it’s pretty decent as a breakfast blend.

This isn’t a bad breakfast blend. It’s strong, and takes milk well, it’s beautifully malty, and it has a deep, rich flavour. I wish Mighty Leaf were a bit more explicit about the varieties of tea that are in here. I’d guess Assam and Darjeeling, and maybe Ceylon. Nothing really special, but a good wake-up cup!

I see now at the Mighty Leaf Organic Breakfast profile page that the black teas used are sourced from India. So that would be Assam and something else, probably something similar to Ceylon or Keemun (the usual English Breakfast suspects—but those are not from India). Or perhaps there is a more complex multi-tea blend involved here. Anyway, this tastes good. Definitely a solid English Breakfast tea. I’ll try this steep-off again soon and make sure to compare the Mighty Leaf with the Harney & Sons BEFORE adding cream!

Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 2 g 10 OZ / 295 ML

Nilgiri perhaps?

That seems a likely candidate, Angrboda!