Organic Breakfast

Organic Black Tea
Sachet
High
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop
Boiling 4 min, 15 sec 2 g 10 oz / 295 ml

• “Ended up at a cafe today that I've never been to before and it was soo good, wish I knew about it sooner. I ordered this tea with my breakfast sandwich and it was my first time having Mighty Leaf...” Read full tasting note
    CupofTree 51 tasting notes
  • “Today is my last day on this frozen ice block before going back to the coast. I'm sitting at a cafe near campus having a "holiday tea latte" made with this tea and some amaretto syrup. It was...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 773 tasting notes
  • “This is the first tea that I found this morning in my big box of teabags that I'm trying to get through. I was hoping for smooth and malty, but it was a bit more robust than that. Still a good...” Read full tasting note
    JosieJade 358 tasting notes
  • “This one surprised me! As far as bagged black teas go, this is a good standby. It's bold and strong, bracing you for the day ahead. There aren't any odd aftertastes that you sometimes get with...” Read full tasting note
    tabby 474 tasting notes

From Mighty Leaf Tea

Blended with black tea from Southern India, our Organic Breakfast black tea is a robust, wide-awake blend of premium black tea leaves. Our take on the classic English Breakfast is serene contemplation from dawn to dusk. Named “Best Plain Black Tea” in premium tea category by Cook’s Illustrated Magazine.

Leaves:
Twisted black leaves

Aroma:
Biscuity and sweet

Color:
Dark reddish-brown liquor

Taste:
Robust body, sweet maltiness and smooth finish

Origin:
Southern India

About Mighty Leaf Tea View company

Mighty Leaf Tea was born for the sole purpose of infusing life into an ancient indulgence by creating tea products that reach new heights of quality and innovation. Our passion is creating the most incredible handcrafted tea blends found anywhere, globally sourcing the finest ingredients available. Paralleling the highest standards of quality at Mighty Leaf Tea is ongoing creative innovation.

It’s not particularly unpleasant, but it’s not as strong as I would like a Breakfast tea to be. In fact, it’s undistinguished in any way. Maybe I just need a tad more ferocity in my first cup of tea each day. This one seems to lack overtones—no smoke, no malt, no punch, no pungency and nothing distinctive.
I think I prefer stronger teas and flavors in general.

I like this Breakfast tea but not as much as the version from Adagio Teas although this tea is much more forgiving as to steep times.

I’m enjoying this in my new classic teapot from Bodem that I received just yesterday

OK,so this is my favorite wake up tea. I have brewed loose tea and find that the second infusion is ok…but the third…not so much!

My favorite black tea since Yorkshire!

Huge fan. Good by its lonesome and with milk & sugar. I’m a fan

Mighty Leaf has a special place in my heart as the first tea through which I discovered, a couple of years ago, that good teas in a bag or sachet could be just as fantastic as loose leaf. So I tried this one when I was getting breakfast at a cafe this morning. Unfortunately it’s a little bit of a letdown compared to some of their other black teas like Orchid Oolong. The tea was both very robust and mellow, but there wasn’t anything unique about it. In fact, I’m having a hard time coming up with anything further I can say to describe it. Still, it’s pretty decent as a breakfast blend.

This isn’t a bad breakfast blend. It’s strong, and takes milk well, it’s beautifully malty, and it has a deep, rich flavour. I wish Mighty Leaf were a bit more explicit about the varieties of tea that are in here. I’d guess Assam and Darjeeling, and maybe Ceylon. Nothing really special, but a good wake-up cup!

I see now at the Mighty Leaf Organic Breakfast profile page that the black teas used are sourced from India. So that would be Assam and something else, probably something similar to Ceylon or Keemun (the usual English Breakfast suspects—but those are not from India). Or perhaps there is a more complex multi-tea blend involved here. Anyway, this tastes good. Definitely a solid English Breakfast tea. I’ll try this steep-off again soon and make sure to compare the Mighty Leaf with the Harney & Sons BEFORE adding cream!

Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 2 g 10 OZ / 295 ML
Angrboda

Nilgiri perhaps?

sherapop

That seems a likely candidate, Angrboda!

I had to grab a bagel while I’m in New York, so we walked to a cute little bagel place around the corner from our hotel. To my surprise, they had Mighty Leaf! This breakfast tea was so much better than the cardboardy Tazo one I had yesterday. I may pick some of this up at the grocery when I get back home.

Tried this instead of my normal Irish Breakfast at work when I ran out. I thought it was much more bitter and less flavorful. I’ll drink the rest of the box and see if my opinion changes.

First time trying English Breakfast and… Monica made fun of me. I described it as tasting of old. Not like this tea is old, but it reminds me of old things. Imagine walking up into the attic and discovering all these old stuff from childhood. THAT is English Breakfast tea for me.