Organic Breakfast

Malt, Smooth, Sweet
Sachet
High
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop
Boiling 4 min, 15 sec 2 g 9 oz / 266 ml

• “Ended up at a cafe today that I’ve never been to before and it was soo good, wish I knew about it sooner. I ordered this tea with my breakfast sandwich and it was my first time having Mighty...” Read full tasting note
    CupofTree 51 tasting notes
  • “Today is my last day on this frozen ice block before going back to the coast. I’m sitting at a cafe near campus having a "holiday tea latte" made with this tea and some amaretto...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 1047 tasting notes
  • “This is the first tea that I found this morning in my big box of teabags that I’m trying to get through. I was hoping for smooth and malty, but it was a bit more robust than that. Still a...” Read full tasting note
    JosieJade 358 tasting notes
  • “This one surprised me! As far as bagged black teas go, this is a good standby. It’s bold and strong, bracing you for the day ahead. There aren’t any odd aftertastes that you sometimes...” Read full tasting note
    tabby 504 tasting notes

From Mighty Leaf Tea

Blended with black tea from Southern India, our Organic Breakfast black tea is a robust, wide-awake blend of premium black tea leaves. Our take on the classic English Breakfast is serene contemplation from dawn to dusk. Named “Best Plain Black Tea” in premium tea category by Cook’s Illustrated Magazine.

Leaves:
Twisted black leaves

Aroma:
Biscuity and sweet

Color:
Dark reddish-brown liquor

Taste:
Robust body, sweet maltiness and smooth finish

Origin:
Southern India

About Mighty Leaf Tea View company

Mighty Leaf Tea was born for the sole purpose of infusing life into an ancient indulgence by creating tea products that reach new heights of quality and innovation. Our passion is creating the most incredible handcrafted tea blends found anywhere, globally sourcing the finest ingredients available. Paralleling the highest standards of quality at Mighty Leaf Tea is ongoing creative innovation.

Tried this instead of my normal Irish Breakfast at work when I ran out. I thought it was much more bitter and less flavorful. I’ll drink the rest of the box and see if my opinion changes.

First time trying English Breakfast and… Monica made fun of me. I described it as tasting of old. Not like this tea is old, but it reminds me of old things. Imagine walking up into the attic and discovering all these old stuff from childhood. THAT is English Breakfast tea for me.

received a sample of this(so only tried it once)

but it tasted kinda keemuny to me .. like an astringent/rusty quality to it… feels like your tongue is coated with it after your done

a little more bold than other black teas ive had, overall decent .. although not something i’d buy

Not as fully-flavored as I expected but it was ok. I would buy again. I just bought a variety pack of ML so I am eager to see how they all pan out.

Got this in the variety pack I bought . It had a pleasant taste , but I prefer stronger flavors for breakfast teas .

This is a classic English Breakfast-type tea. Pretty standard flavour profile, but with the robust boldness you only get with whole leaf teas. If you’re trying to introduce someone to high quality black teas, this is one to start with.

Don’t oversteep (4 min tops) or it goes quite bitter. If you want it stronger, use more tea.

This is just a good tea. It’s a solid, strong tea. I like this quite a bit.

I come by Corner Bakery on Mondays and they have a variety of Mighty Leaf teas. I very rarely select Organic Breakfast. As far as this type of tea goes, it’s not bad. Very good with milk and sugar. It’s a good pick-me-up in the morning.

Goes good with a splash of skim milk. A good, pleasent cup of tea to wake up to in the morning.