Organic Detox Infusion

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Since our current living conditions strongly resemble Green Acres, I decided to act the part this afternoon and steep some of these here "yarbs" double-strength in my trusty Mason jar on the front...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1705 tasting notes
  • “Detox...? Well, I suppose it couldn't hurt. The little pillow of herbs smells like mint and chamomile the most, and something strong like anise. Something about it reminds me of summer, strangely....” Read full tasting note
    tabby 471 tasting notes
  • “This blend has been my savior after all of the HUGE holiday dinners this season! It definitely soothes the stomach after overindulging. ” Read full tasting note
    cbaker6653 42 tasting notes
  • “I have mixed feelings about Mighty Leaf. Sometimes they do things very right. I love their Chamomile Tea and I am not a chamomile fan. I tried the Organic Detox mixture last night. The...” Read full tasting note
    Doulton 255 tasting notes

From Mighty Leaf Tea

The cleansing properties of the Organic Detox Infusion herbal tea blend relaxes the nerves, organs and membranes as dandelion targets the liver, licorice root nurtures the heart and spleen, and burdock root purifies the blood. Peppermint promotes healthy digestion and aids in soothing indigestion. Red clover and hearty herbs add anti-inflammatory qualities, calm the stomach and reduce blood sugar levels. The blend is at once warming and delicately sweet.

About Mighty Leaf Tea View company

Mighty Leaf Tea was born for the sole purpose of infusing life into an ancient indulgence by creating tea products that reach new heights of quality and innovation. Our passion is creating the most incredible handcrafted tea blends found anywhere, globally sourcing the finest ingredients available. Paralleling the highest standards of quality at Mighty Leaf Tea is ongoing creative innovation.

Since our current living conditions strongly resemble Green Acres, I decided to act the part this afternoon and steep some of these here “yarbs” double-strength in my trusty Mason jar on the front porch. Burdock—dandelion root—red clover…I can just hear Granny Clampett strumming her autoharp and singing “Billy Boy.” Furthermore, I have a bad case of the crabbies and a general physical and emotional system cleanse may be just what I need.

The mint hits you first, and hits hard when you sniff the pouch. I think it’s the red clover blossoms I’m seeing that are dried and added whole.

And…after a good hour in 99 degree sunshine and poured up on ice…the results are in…oooh, doggies! Jed, this is plumb tasty! Anytime you have an infusion with “root” as an ingredient, there’s going to be a tree-bark taste, and it’s present, but just barely. The mint is cooling in the mouth, and hopefully clearing in the head.

ashmanra

Why, I never knowed you was a yarb woman! Did you try puttin’ knife under the bed to cut the pain?

gmathis

Someday I’ll tell y’all the story of how I plucked my future husband off’n the deck of Rube Dugan’s Diving Bell at Silver Dollar City.

All this talk does remind me of the sweaty aluminum tumbler of iced sassafrass my grandpa would keep on the arm of his chair this time of year…

ashmanra

Ooo, I’ve never had home made sassafras, though we used to pull the saplings up and I loved the aroma of the roots!

Detox…? Well, I suppose it couldn’t hurt. The little pillow of herbs smells like mint and chamomile the most, and something strong like anise. Something about it reminds me of summer, strangely. Like being outside in the summer. I’m a little apprehensive. But it has red clover in it, another ingredient I’ve been meaning to try out. Maybe clover is the “summery” smell?

I gave the reddish tan infusion a minute to cool, then tasted. The peppermint and licorice combination is enough to leave my mouth tingling. After another sip, I realize there’s something in it that tastes a little too strange for me. It’s woodsy and not in the pretty, floral way. This is too medicinal for me to be enjoying for the taste. I suppose that’s not what it’s meant for, however, so I finished it for the herbal content. Never again, though.

An afterthought — this would be much better with honey.

I have mixed feelings about Mighty Leaf. Sometimes they do things very right. I love their Chamomile Tea and I am not a chamomile fan. I tried the Organic Detox mixture last night. The peppermint came through most strongly and overwhelmed the other flavors. But flavorful it was. It was most pleasant.

For the record, I did sleep unusually well last night. I don’t know yet if I can credit the tea, but it certainly was a great late-night beverage for me.

Ignore the picture of the orange-peel on the bag. Any citrus flavor does not emerge.

I added honey, and I loved the taste. I felt great after drinking it, and wanted more.

The first time I tried a mighty leaf sampler, this was one of my favourite teas. It’s a refreshing, cleansing blend of peppermint and basil, and it really does taste that straightforward. Basil is one of my favourite flavours, anyway, especially in cooking, so it’s no surprise that I get along with this one!

The peppermint is definitely the strongest flavour here, and it has a pleasant coolness and crispness. The basil is subtle but detectable, and adds a tinge of peppery depth, making this a slightly more unusual tea than might be expected. It’s the kind of cup you don’t really have to think about — there isn’t much complexity, after all! Perfect for a busy day when a clean, fresh tasting drink is required. I think this one would also be good iced in the summer, so it’s another one I’ll have to make a note to keep back for the warmer days to come!

The quality of the ingredients is pretty amazing and I feel awesome after drinking it, but I don’t particularly care for the taste. I find myself trying to get it down instead of relaxing and enjoying it. Complex flavors.

Great bedtime tea. Soothing, tasty, and just an all around feel good tea. Steeped with boiling water 5-6 minutes.