Organic Mint Melange

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Hubby and I went out to do some Christmas shopping this past weekend and we stopped into White Spot for dinner. I’m usually disappointed with restaurant tea, but I really needed something to warm...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 350 tasting notes
  • “Well...it's mint that's for sure. I kinda of wish there was a bit more going on, but since it's just supposed to be a mint tea, I'll let it slide. I likely woudn't buy this again, but mostly...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4026 tasting notes
  • “1 sachet for 250 mL water, steeped 8 minutes, drunk bare. Serious mint. Some sharpness that remind me of spearmint, but the only ingredient is organic nana mint. Well, Nana is welcome to come...” Read full tasting note
    MButlerHallett 491 tasting notes
  • “Got a sample of this with an order. Was surprised by some of the things discovered from this. This is not a blend, it is just ground mint leaves. If you like the smell of mint, the dry leaves...” Read full tasting note
    leafboxtea 17 tasting notes

From Mighty Leaf Tea

Organic Mint Melange herbal tea renews and refreshes with the finest peppermint leaves from the lush Middle Atlas Mountain range in Morocco. A well-rounded herbal infusion with sweet lingering notes, Organic Mint Melange captures the cool and pure essence of peppermint.

About Mighty Leaf Tea View company

Mighty Leaf Tea was born for the sole purpose of infusing life into an ancient indulgence by creating tea products that reach new heights of quality and innovation. Our passion is creating the most incredible handcrafted tea blends found anywhere, globally sourcing the finest ingredients available. Paralleling the highest standards of quality at Mighty Leaf Tea is ongoing creative innovation.

Hubby and I went out to do some Christmas shopping this past weekend and we stopped into White Spot for dinner. I’m usually disappointed with restaurant tea, but I really needed something to warm me up, so I caved and ordered a mint tea. I set my expectations low, but when I took my first sip I was pleasantly surprised. I left the teabag brewing, and managed to get multiple brews, but the subsequent steeps weren’t quite as flavorful as the first one. I wouldn’t go out and buy a box of this, but I wouldn’t hesitate to order it again if I was at a restaurant and I saw it on the menu. Not bad.

Well…it’s mint that’s for sure. I kinda of wish there was a bit more going on, but since it’s just supposed to be a mint tea, I’ll let it slide. I likely woudn’t buy this again, but mostly because I rarely need that much IN YOUR FACE mint :)

Missy

There can only one….

1 sachet for 250 mL water, steeped 8 minutes, drunk bare.

Serious mint. Some sharpness that remind me of spearmint, but the only ingredient is organic nana mint. Well, Nana is welcome to come visit anytime. While, like man herbals, this needs a goodly long steep, it’s bold like peppermint, though not as dominating, with a slighly sharp, slightly herbal and mineral finish that positively sparkles. I find this one refreshing, and especially good after eating a lot.

Boiling 8 min or more
Michelle Butler Hallett

‘man herbals’ = ‘many herbals’

This is not a blend, it is just ground mint leaves. If you like the smell of mint, the dry leaves are awesome. The scent is powerfully strong. The scent is present in the brewing in a very present way and carries over into the liquor.

Surprisingly, for those who are used to mint gum and candy having a sharp bite to it, this is amazingly smooth. The mint aroma is present as you drink and there is a touch of sweetness (which is even more noticeable on the resteep).

The liquor is smooth and easy drinking, not at all like our preconceptions that we often have about mint. The liquor is not minty in the ordinary sense and the flavor is mild. Cooled down, it becomes very refreshing.

The body and mouthfeel is in a light to medium range, the liquor does stick to your tongue a little giving a you a nice after taste.

All in all, a good drink and something worth keeping in the house for times when you want something different.

Bagged, will restock with Loose
Aroma when Dry: minty, layered
After water is first poured: minty, dusty
At end of steep: minty, slightly nutty
Tea liquor:
At end of steep: light mint green
Staple? Yes, especially summer seasonal
Time of day preferred: any
Taste:
first notes: crisp mint, gets a bit mossy in closing
As it cools? mellows into fuzzy mintyness
Additives used (milk, honey, sugar etc)? Not for tasting, have used with honey or agave in past, with success.
Lingers? Yes, minty clarity stays.

Something funky about this that’s not good.

I got a sample bag of this from my Conscious box subscription. I was super excited because my sister loves this tea and I’ve never tried it before. I was feeling sick and my stomach hurt this morning so I decided to remedy it with some mint tea. Thank God I have this because I don’t have any mint tea! I love the taste of it. It isn’t super minty like the Tazo ones (aka it doesn’t taste like toothpaste). My stomach is feeling instantly better. (: I also love the tea bag packaging. It looks sewn and I think it’s super cute! (:

Can’t shake this really nasty sore throat so I’m still trying to drink soothing teas at work (they’re not really helping!)… I had one lone bag of this that I think was a leftover from a hotel stay or something. Mint isn’t really my thing in tea, unless it’s pretty well-blended with something else and there’s just a hint of it. Needless to say, this blend isn’t for me. Straight up mint in a teabag. The overly smooth mouthfeel kind of gives me the heebie-jeebies for some reason so it’s been an interesting cuppa. Something about it is kind of medicinal, and it smells lovely but otherwise it’s really not something I’m enjoying.

Another strong flavour for a sad face sick with cold day. As far as I can determine, this one is just mint. I know what mint tastes like, so this is probably a safe one to go for when I’m not up to tasting anything really new. As might be expected, the mint flavour from this one is STRONG. It’s remarkably smooth, though, and not too toothpaste like. There’s a gentle sweetness, rather reminiscent of spearmint, and it doesn’t have too much of the coldness in the aftertaste that I often associate with mint teas. In fact, as bagged mint teas go, this is definitely one of the nicer ones I’ve tried. I don’t need plain mint tea in my life too often, but I’d not turn down a cup of this if it was offered. My dad is a mint tea fiend, and loves this one. I don’t often understand why, but today I got a glimpse of the attraction mint can hold. It’s pleasantly refreshing, and it doesn’t need any additions to taste like itself. Another pleasant cup on a blah day.

very minty and refreshing. good for headaches or a late afternoon pick-me-up. i used the satchel three times, just adding hot water. so tasty.