Rainforest Maté

Fruit Yerba maté Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “More thoughts on the tea I logged late yesterday afternoon...couldn't stop thinking about this tea!! Love love love this. I should have eaten before I had it b/c I wasn't hungry at all for...” Read full tasting note
    rabbysmom 92 tasting notes
  • “Tried hotter water today, and the taste was still smooth and delicious. However, it's mostly a strong mate taste with just a hint of fruit despite the huge chunks of dried fruit in the tea, and I'm...” Read full tasting note
    coryobrien 104 tasting notes
  • “This is a warm fuzzy feeling tea. I picked it up because I loved the sound of pineapples in tea - very delicious - nothing too special but great for a rainy day of all day tea sipping awesomeness! :D” Read full tasting note
    abbisiler 25 tasting notes
  • “I chose this tea as one of my free samples with my Mighty Leaf order. I was hoping to find a new mate. I did NOT however read too deeply into the description (bought the tea by its tea bag, if you...” Read full tasting note
    cinoi1551 243 tasting notes

From Mighty Leaf Tea

Spice and fruit unite in Rainforest Maté tea, a unique mate herbal tea composed of energizing maté tea, licorice, spices, rosehips and pineapple chunks that revitalizes when brewed. Maté tea is rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, and contains natural caffeine, which affects the body differently than regular caffeine, both calming the nerves and bringing about an energetic lift.

About Mighty Leaf Tea View company

Mighty Leaf Tea was born for the sole purpose of infusing life into an ancient indulgence by creating tea products that reach new heights of quality and innovation. Our passion is creating the most incredible handcrafted tea blends found anywhere, globally sourcing the finest ingredients available. Paralleling the highest standards of quality at Mighty Leaf Tea is ongoing creative innovation.

Perfumy
MOST AWESOME TEA BAGS ON THE MARKET!!!
Very very smooth, but too fruity.
Too many ingredients for mate drinkers to like.

Could be a great Mate Mojito.
Felt like they just picked all of the ingredients randomly and threw them in.
Grew on me as I drank.
Such a pleasant taste in my mouth after drink though.

I Love Mighty Leaf’s style though, and I love the teabags. If they came out with straight good Traditional Mate with these Teabags I feel they could take a lot of business away from other companies that sell teabags. I never buy Mate in teabags but I can guarantee you if I ever did I would buy theirs if they have Traditional Mate in teabags.

www.shadetreemate.com

My second cup of this and I’m still trying to decide on it. I like it, I think. Reading the ingredient list it’s not something I would have chosen on my own as I really hate licorice. But somehow it works with everything else. Yup, I think it’s almost as good as my beloved Gaucho mate. It has a nice spiciness to it and it dries the mouth just a tiny bit.

First of all, this is a visually beautiful tea. The inside of the bag looks like it could be put into a kaleidoscope! The tea itself is a warm, floral, perfumy taste. Delicious. I am loving the mate right now because I’m quitting my coffee habit. Wish me luck!

Enjoying another cup of Rainforest Mate. I have yet to find a tea I enjoy more than this one!

Love this – but only in small amounts. I find myself only able to drink a cup or two a week before I get sick of all the complex flavors. Perfect for a rainy, warm day.

Yummy…and once you drink it, you are WIDE AWAKE to enjoy it! It’s the crack of tea!

This is a bit of an odd duck, but I do like it. For starters, the description mentions rose petals and liquorice. I can neither taste, nor smell, either of these things. Secondly, while brewing, this smells really, really strong. Very fragrant spices, and the slight dankness of mate. I was surprised when I took my first sip, because I was expecting heavy spice, and a thick mate taste, and got neither. This is actually a beautifully light, refreshing tea. The pineapple is clearly detectable, and adds a welcome juicness to this cup. The mate is tasteable, although it’s by no means overpowering. It just adds a background smokiness that, while not sitting fabulously with the tropical fruitiness, is hardly objectionable. I’d have to drink this one again to really get the measure of it. For a first acquaintance, though, I’m pleased. It wasn’t what I thought it was going to be — and for once that’s a very good thing!

How lovely it is. It has a minty taste, but it is very slight. It is not one of those busy and exciting teas, as the name would make me think it is, it is rather soothing (despite all the caffeine) and natural. More of a Boreal forest vibe, because it feels like I should be drinking this in the winter, not summer! It is bland and reminds me of a minty orange pekoe.

A mate purist would probably not be happy with this blend. But I am not one of them (even though I do enjoy pure mate every now and then). I had forgotten how much i like this mate. It smells good, dry and wet. It tastes good. Though the fruitiness overpowers most of the mate flavor. I feel I can really taste the mate in the aftertaste. Also I’ve been steeping this forever but I think right around the 6 minute mark is perfect. Oh and one more thing, while it is good warm it is also good cold!

140 °F / 60 °C 8 min or more

Amazing! Saved me during finals week in college this winter! Light, great flavor and a kick of caffeine.