Vanilla Bean

Natural Vanilla Flavor, Premium Black Teas, Vanilla Pieces
Beany, Butter, Vanilla, Marshmallow, Powdered sugar
Sachet
High
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “I tried the Vanilla Bean with milk this morning, per Jillian's suggestion, and it was much better this way and more drinkable. It still has the strong vanilla smell and only a general black tea...” Read full tasting note
    chrine 545 tasting notes
  • “This one is *finally* gone! I've had it for so long and it's gone! That's ok. I need to finish more teas. I've always enjoyed this one. When brewed correctly it has a nice creamy vanilla flavor to...” Read full tasting note
    kalmal 795 tasting notes
  • “Well, this' the last bag of this I have. I'll miss it. It's one of the staples I carried in my Travel Tea Bag. I don't plan to actively go out and pick this one up again, but if I come across...” Read full tasting note
    supermoon10 379 tasting notes
  • “The first time I had this tea was at a restaurant with Sunday brunch. This was my first tea from Mighty Leaf and I fell in love with it immediately! This tea has a strong, creamy, true vanilla...” Read full tasting note
    JosieJade 358 tasting notes

From Mighty Leaf Tea

Vanilla Bean black tea, a deep blend of black loose tea leaves with Madagascar vanilla, conjures up images of inhaling the heady aroma of wild vanilla as you hike the tropics near Mt. Maromakotro. A full-bodied and fruity cup, Vanilla Bean, a blend of Ceylon and China black teas, makes a deeply satisfying impression.

About Mighty Leaf Tea View company

Mighty Leaf Tea was born for the sole purpose of infusing life into an ancient indulgence by creating tea products that reach new heights of quality and innovation. Our passion is creating the most incredible handcrafted tea blends found anywhere, globally sourcing the finest ingredients available. Paralleling the highest standards of quality at Mighty Leaf Tea is ongoing creative innovation.

This Vanilla Bean from Mighty Leaf is definitely better than I remembered. It’s possible that I brewed it stronger than last time and also added more cream. I still believe that Vanilla Bean is not as good as Harney & Sons Vanilla Comoro, even though, remarkably, the latter is decaffeinated! It’s much more difficult for me to come up with tasty late night options than daytime teas, so I don’t have a lot of motivation to stock this one anyway, given the existence and superior flavor of VC.

Flavors: Vanilla

I’m at the airport sipping this one (thanks for the free WiFi, MSP!). A Starbucks was directly next to my gate, but I am not a fan of Tazo tea. I trekked about halfway down the concourse to Dunn Brothers instead to get this tea. Totally worth it! One of the things I like best about this tea is the black tea base is still the main flavor. The vanilla enhances the flavor rather than masking it. I’m off to spend the weekend with the BF :). Anyone have any tea recommendations for the Washington DC area (DC proper, Bethesda, Rockville)?

Marzipan

Why do you travel so much?

mj

Mostly because my boyfriend lives in Maryland, my family lives in Florida, and I live in Minneapolis. The BF and I have been dating long distance for almost 4 years! I also travel for scientific conferences for work and when I can afford it, I just travel for fun :-). I have a serious case of wanderlust.

The last of today’s work teas. I had no access to milk, so I went without. My instinct probably would have been to add some if I had any to hand, as it brewed up pretty dark, but it was drinkable without. I will try it with milk next time, as I think a creaminess would sit nicely alongside the vanilla flavouring.

And it’s strong vanilla flavouring by my standards. Really strong. Not a bad thing, but a little overpowering when approached with no additions. I couldn’t taste the black base at all, which was completely unexpected. On the plus side, there was no bitterness or astringency to be found, although after a few sips it became quite a cloying brew.

I will give this one another try at some point in the future, when I’m better equipped. There are a few more bags in my sampler box, and I think I’ll enjoy it as a vanilla tea when it’s brewed to my liking. The flavouring was beautifully natural, if just a little much when taken on alone!

Last cup of this stuff. I cut open some bags and made a real pot in hopes of producing a better cup of tea; it didn’t work. I can finally taste the black tea (which tastes muddled and dull), but the vanilla is even wimpier than before.

Bye, Vanilla Bean, and good riddance.

From the silk bags and loose tea leaves, I expected a lot more. There was little vanilla flavor, and the tea tasted mostly like bitter water. I added agave, and that helped some. Next time I’ll try with milk or cream.

Had a sample, was pretty decent

I really love Vanilla Bean, apparently more than a lot of other folks. I think the vanilla blends perfectly with pretty good black tea, and am hard-pressed to think of a finer version for black tea. It tastes very natural, unlike some other teas that often rely on vanilla flavoring rather than vanilla beans.

I didn’t find the vanilla flavour pronounced enough the first time I tried it. It’s nice with milk and a couple lumps of sugar. It’s been awhile since I had the Lipton vanilla, but I have a vague memory of having preferred that one. This one is double the price of that, too. I dunno. It’s fine. Might buy it again.

Just tried this tea this morning, and I have to say that this tea was quite mild in flavor even with milk, but after adding some sugar and a spoon of honey it sweetened the taste. Overall, it wasn’t that awful in my opinion.

Sweet and vanilla-y! Very good, super creamy. So expensive, though, that I drink it very infrequently!