Vanilla Bean

Natural Vanilla Flavor, Premium Black Teas, Vanilla Pieces
Marshmallow, Powdered sugar, Vanilla
Sachet
High
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “I tried the Vanilla Bean with milk this morning, per Jillian's suggestion, and it was much better this way and more drinkable. It still has the strong vanilla smell and only a general black tea...” Read full tasting note
    chrine 545 tasting notes
  • “This one is *finally* gone! I've had it for so long and it's gone! That's ok. I need to finish more teas. I've always enjoyed this one. When brewed correctly it has a nice creamy vanilla flavor to...” Read full tasting note
    kalmal 794 tasting notes
  • “Well, this' the last bag of this I have. I'll miss it. It's one of the staples I carried in my Travel Tea Bag. I don't plan to actively go out and pick this one up again, but if I come across...” Read full tasting note
    supermoon10 373 tasting notes
  • “The first time I had this tea was at a restaurant with Sunday brunch. This was my first tea from Mighty Leaf and I fell in love with it immediately! This tea has a strong, creamy, true vanilla...” Read full tasting note
    JosieJade 358 tasting notes

From Mighty Leaf Tea

Vanilla Bean black tea, a deep blend of black loose tea leaves with Madagascar vanilla, conjures up images of inhaling the heady aroma of wild vanilla as you hike the tropics near Mt. Maromakotro. A full-bodied and fruity cup, Vanilla Bean, a blend of Ceylon and China black teas, makes a deeply satisfying impression.

About Mighty Leaf Tea View company

Mighty Leaf Tea was born for the sole purpose of infusing life into an ancient indulgence by creating tea products that reach new heights of quality and innovation. Our passion is creating the most incredible handcrafted tea blends found anywhere, globally sourcing the finest ingredients available. Paralleling the highest standards of quality at Mighty Leaf Tea is ongoing creative innovation.

I tried this because my sister raved and raved about it, saying how it was one of her favourites.

I like vanilla teas, as you might have noticed from my other reviews, so there was no hesitation on my part to give this a spin.

Well. I was underwhelmed. It feels a bit weak compared to other vanilla black teas I’ve had. In fact, when I added milk and sugar, it washed out the vanilla taste.

It wasn’t horrible, but I’ve definitely had better. Just a standard vanilla black with a higher price tag, sorry to say.

It was okay, nothing amazing. Not sure what I was expecting though. The vanilla wasn’t very prominent.

This smells more like chocolate than vanilla before brewing. It makes a nice dark amber cup and loses most of the chocolate smell and gains some vanilla but not as much as I had thought. It does have a vanilla flavor but it’s almost an afterthought. I think this might require some playing with as other people have suggested.

The first time I tried this, I thought it was an alright black tea with very bland vanilla flavor, almost more of a scent than a flavor. Then I realized I should probably sugar it up to bring out the flavor, and that worked. A fair amount of honey turned this into a delicious vanilla drink, though I don’t know if it’s a good tea per se. Not what I’m looking for when I want a cup of tea, but it might make a good iced tea.

Mighty Leaf’s silk tea bags hold a large amount of long leaf tea and have the space to let them steep, so that’s nice.

Refreshing iced tea! So delicious!

Iced

A very nice tea – my preference is to add a lot of steamed milk

This was delicious! It basically was like drinking the “Creme” part of my favorite tea by Tease, Earl Grey Creme, which quickly becomes just Earl Grey if left in the cupboard too long. I wonder if some of the less positive reviews got older batches that had lost their vanilla, which seems to dissipate really quickly? Mine was perfect – more vanilla than black tea taste, but with enough for it to taste like tea. I also didn’t steep for very long, so maybe that allows the vanilla to shine.

Got this as a free sample with my Mighty Leaf order. It’s okay. I really like the strength of the vanilla in it. It brings some smoothness and sweetness to the tea. But the black tea that’s used in this isn’t the best, and it doesn’t complement the vanilla taste very well, in my opinion. All in all, I’m glad I tried it, but I wouldn’t buy it. (It does taste better as it cools, though!)

Tried this again and it still doesn’t grab me like I want it to.

The presence of the vanilla is wonderful. I am of the impression that vanilla is a relatively rare flavor in teas, and as a result I cannot be too sure if Mighty Leaf does the best job capturing it. Nevertheless, I have added this to the palate of teas that I drink on a regular basis.