White Orchard

Green White Blend
Candy
Edit tea info Last updated by MacchaMan

• “Another Traveling Tea Box Tea!!!! This is my first Mighty Leaf tea. Cute lil bag! The dry tea smells very nice and fruity. The leaves are cut up but not as small as dust and fannings. ...sip,...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “Purchased from the cafe down the street because someone is in my kitchen having a meeting. Go away so I can make some tea!!! Smells very fruity-sweet and I am worried it will be nauseating, thank...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2576 tasting notes
  • “Backlog…I had this tea on my mini-moon last week. My new husband and I were walking around Newport, RI on a very windy, rainy day. We stopped in a Starbucks and the line was long and unmoving. ...” Read full tasting note
    CHAroma 542 tasting notes
  • “Meh. So much for adding another lovely white tea to my favorite's list. It isn't terrible, just not my cup of tea;) It's sweet 1st taste but at the tail end of it, it's dry and bitter. I'm going...” Read full tasting note
    lynxiegrl 181 tasting notes

From Mighty Leaf Tea

White tea from China harmoniously blends with mouthwatering fruits of melon and peach in our White Orchard White tea to produce a fruity and light infusion. The perfect tea to get white tea health benefits along with smooth, rich taste.

Character

Leaves
White tea, green tea, natural flavors, flower petals

Aroma
Melon and peach notes

Color
Pale gold

Taste
Sweet, fresh white tea with notes of melon, peach and a hint of tanin.

About Mighty Leaf Tea View company

Mighty Leaf Tea was born for the sole purpose of infusing life into an ancient indulgence by creating tea products that reach new heights of quality and innovation. Our passion is creating the most incredible handcrafted tea blends found anywhere, globally sourcing the finest ingredients available. Paralleling the highest standards of quality at Mighty Leaf Tea is ongoing creative innovation.

Backlogging from yesterday due to a 7 hour power outage in my town…

I had a great tea log for this tea written yesterday, but when the power went out, it got deleted some how. So I’m going to keep this one really short and sweet, because thats basically how this tea was. The cup only took me about 3 minutes to finish and it was pleasantly sweet. The peach aroma and smell are my favorite of all the teas I’ve tried and the green/white teas blend perfectly. My favorite tea to date.

Stephanie

Boo..for disappearing tealogs! But yay for short and sweet teas! Sometimes, that’s all that matters! :)

ZFriedenreich

thats for sure =)

The boyfriend and I went out for breakfast this morning and I ordered this at the restaurant. Just taking a sniff of the tea revealed a heady fragrance of sweet fruit. I didn’t have a timer of course, so I tried to use my watch to time the steeping. The package recommended 3 minutes so that’s what I went for.

Upon tasting I found the tea to be quite delicate and slightly sweet in the way that white teas (particularly bai mu dans) can be. The fruitiness was only a faint echo but it still made a good impression. Part of the problem might be that it was steeped in one of those little metal teapots which had more than a cup’s worth of water, thereby diluting the tea a bit. Despite that it was a still an enjoyable cuppa and it made my breakfast feel very decadent. :D

I brewed myself up a cup of this tea this morning and it’s way bitter today. I don’t know if I steeped it a second too long or what, but not enjoying it as much this time around. Will try again tomorrow and keep you posted, maybe a bad batch.

Steep Information:
Amount: 1 teabag, 2.9g
Additives: none
Water: hot spigot water, 160° 1 mug (12 oz?)
Steep Time: a little over 2 minutes
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: peachy, floral
Steeped Tea Smell: barely there, floral, sweet
Flavor: slick, it’s made my mouth smooth, and there is a flavor a light flavor i can’t place b/c it’s barely there
Body: Light
Aftertaste: fruity and floral
Liquor: translucent honey yellow-brown

Steepster Traveling Teabox Tea

Well I am going to finish this mug but I don’t like it.

Note: I am not a white tea fan, it’s too delicate and subtle for me.

Post-Steep Additives: none

images: http://amazonv.blogspot.com/2010/03/mighty-leaf-tea-teabag-white-tea-white.html

This teabag screams fruity and peachy with a powerfully sweet scent.

Steeping gives the brew a deep blonde color with an equally deep fruity peachy aroma.

The flavor is dark and the fruit is smooth, although there is not enough to blend completely with the tea, nor is it as powerful to par with it’s scent.

Although you can distinguish tea from fruit, the tea is good, and the fruit is well enough to enjoy fully.

This tea is good, despite the fact that it reminds me of artificial melon more than real melon (think Jolly Ranchers). As far as white teas go, I have only found one I really liked though – so I might just be picky.

It’s definitely worth a sip, and I wouldn’t refuse it if it was offered to me. But I don’t think I’d keep it permanently stocked in my tea closet. I’m still on the lookout for that perfect melon tea…

Flavors: Candy

I used to love this tea, back when I first had a Mighty Leaf Master Sampler. That was about two years ago now, though, and today I realised that my tastes have changed fundementally. Either that, or the tea has changed. I think it’s safer to assume it’s me.

I used to think it was delicate, juicy, and wonderfully melony. I’ve been in a Processfix workshop for the last two days (last one tomorrow), so I took a small supply of tea bags knowing that loose tea wouldn’t be practical. This was one I pulled out this afternoon. I let my water cool first, added the bag, and gave it about two minutes. The liquor quickly turned a fairly deep yellow, so I was expecting at least some bitterness from the base. Fortunately it was smooth and relatively sweet tasting.

My problem with this tea is the flavouring. I got a lot of peach, but it was the kind of plasticy, artificial peach I can’t get along with. Sometimes it even gives me a headache. There was no melon to be found. The flavouring didn’t completely overpower the base, which was actually the nicest thing about this tea, although I would have preferred just white rather than a white/green blend. And some melon, obviously.

It’s not that this is a bad tea…I just can’t believe my recollection of it from two years ago was so vastly different to today’s experience. Unfortunately, once I’ve finished the bags in my sampler box, it won’t be one I come back to again.

Sarsonator

I get the feeling I will have the same kind of experiences with tea. I can already tell my tastes are evolving and the green teas I used to adore just pale in comparison to the black and oolong teas I’ve been trying lately. Not that I don’t like greens any longer, but I think my preferences are changing sides. I wonder if I will find that I no longer enjoy individual teas that I once loved.

Very nice blend of fruits and white tea. Even overbrewed, it’s pretty good but bitter. (I tried this at a restaurant and they overbrewed it… but what’s new?)

A sweet white tea and like most, a lot of fruity flavors. Not the best white tea I’ve had, but not bad.

This tea smells like peaches and flowers upon opening the tin. I was worried it’d be too floral for me, but once brewed, the floral smell is less intense. The floral taste is also very subtle in this tea. It’s not half bad. The peach comes through, although not in a overtly annoying way. It blends in with the smooth, sweet taste of the white tea. As for melon, I suppose it’s more in the aftertaste than anything. I actually prefer this, as most melon teas have an odd, overpowering flavor that I just don’t like. But the melon in this is nicely balanced. I actually seem to be catching its taste right as I am catching the slight tanin taste (don’t worry, it’s not really bitter/astringent, more of a little spark. It’s a smooth, light, and refreshing cup. Perfect after a long night at work, cuddled in bed with a book. I’m actually surprised at how much I’m digging this tea. It’s only been sitting in my tea basket for a month! Might order this again someday. Maybe in the summer, so I can try it iced!

Here’s a hint to those who are nervous to try this tea or are getting bitter results:
Steep for about 2 minutes rather than the suggested time, and make sure the water temp is on the low side! You don’t want to be brewing this tea with water anywhere near 180-200. I’d aim for low 160’s or mid to high 150’s. Mess with it a little, and you can get some nice results.