White Orchard

Green White Blend
Cantaloupe, Citrus, Green Apple, Honeydew, Peach, Fruity, Artificial, Candy, Melon
Edit tea info Last updated by MacchaMan

• “Another Traveling Tea Box Tea!!!! This is my first Mighty Leaf tea. Cute lil bag! The dry tea smells very nice and fruity. The leaves are cut up but not as small as dust and fannings. …sip,...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “Purchased from the cafe down the street because someone is in my kitchen having a meeting. Go away so I can make some tea!!! Smells very fruity-sweet and I am worried it will be nauseating, thank...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2743 tasting notes
  • “Backlog…I had this tea on my mini-moon last week. My new husband and I were walking around Newport, RI on a very windy, rainy day. We stopped in a Starbucks and the line was long and...” Read full tasting note
    CHAroma 562 tasting notes
  • “Meh. So much for adding another lovely white tea to my favorite’s list. It isn’t terrible, just not my cup of tea;) It’s sweet 1st taste but at the tail end of it,...” Read full tasting note
    lynxiegrl 181 tasting notes

From Mighty Leaf Tea

White tea from China harmoniously blends with mouthwatering fruits of melon and peach in our White Orchard White tea to produce a fruity and light infusion. The perfect tea to get white tea health benefits along with smooth, rich taste.

Character

Leaves
White tea, green tea, natural flavors, flower petals

Aroma
Melon and peach notes

Color
Pale gold

Taste
Sweet, fresh white tea with notes of melon, peach and a hint of tanin.

About Mighty Leaf Tea View company

Mighty Leaf Tea was born for the sole purpose of infusing life into an ancient indulgence by creating tea products that reach new heights of quality and innovation. Our passion is creating the most incredible handcrafted tea blends found anywhere, globally sourcing the finest ingredients available. Paralleling the highest standards of quality at Mighty Leaf Tea is ongoing creative innovation.

Backlogging from yesterday due to a 7 hour power outage in my town…

I had a great tea log for this tea written yesterday, but when the power went out, it got deleted some how. So I’m going to keep this one really short and sweet, because thats basically how this tea was. The cup only took me about 3 minutes to finish and it was pleasantly sweet. The peach aroma and smell are my favorite of all the teas I’ve tried and the green/white teas blend perfectly. My favorite tea to date.

Stephanie

Boo..for disappearing tealogs! But yay for short and sweet teas! Sometimes, that’s all that matters! :)

ZFriedenreich

thats for sure =)

The boyfriend and I went out for breakfast this morning and I ordered this at the restaurant. Just taking a sniff of the tea revealed a heady fragrance of sweet fruit. I didn’t have a timer of course, so I tried to use my watch to time the steeping. The package recommended 3 minutes so that’s what I went for.

Upon tasting I found the tea to be quite delicate and slightly sweet in the way that white teas (particularly bai mu dans) can be. The fruitiness was only a faint echo but it still made a good impression. Part of the problem might be that it was steeped in one of those little metal teapots which had more than a cup’s worth of water, thereby diluting the tea a bit. Despite that it was a still an enjoyable cuppa and it made my breakfast feel very decadent. :D

I brewed myself up a cup of this tea this morning and it’s way bitter today. I don’t know if I steeped it a second too long or what, but not enjoying it as much this time around. Will try again tomorrow and keep you posted, maybe a bad batch.

Steep Information:
Amount: 1 teabag, 2.9g
Additives: none
Water: hot spigot water, 160° 1 mug (12 oz?)
Steep Time: a little over 2 minutes
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: peachy, floral
Steeped Tea Smell: barely there, floral, sweet
Flavor: slick, it’s made my mouth smooth, and there is a flavor a light flavor i can’t place b/c it’s barely there
Body: Light
Aftertaste: fruity and floral
Liquor: translucent honey yellow-brown

Steepster Traveling Teabox Tea

Well I am going to finish this mug but I don’t like it.

Note: I am not a white tea fan, it’s too delicate and subtle for me.

Post-Steep Additives: none

images: http://amazonv.blogspot.com/2010/03/mighty-leaf-tea-teabag-white-tea-white.html

This teabag screams fruity and peachy with a powerfully sweet scent.

Steeping gives the brew a deep blonde color with an equally deep fruity peachy aroma.

The flavor is dark and the fruit is smooth, although there is not enough to blend completely with the tea, nor is it as powerful to par with it’s scent.

Although you can distinguish tea from fruit, the tea is good, and the fruit is well enough to enjoy fully.

I enjoy this brand, as I’ve said before. I like this tea – it is great hot but also is very good iced. It is juicy and tropical, with a bit of green from the tea itself. A solid bagged option.

Light fruit notes make this a warm, welcoming brew. Peach, with a hint of green apple & citrus.

Flavors: Cantaloupe, Citrus, Green Apple, Honeydew, Peach

Cold brewed at a shmancy training session where they plied us with delicious food and drinks. Frickin delicious. The peach note is prominent, sweet, and juicy. This reminds me very strongly of Simple Loose Leaf’s Sweet Peach White Tea, to the point where I wonder if these companies sourced the blend from the same manufacturer. I loved that tea so I am glad to have found something similar.

The way this smells is incredible! Peaches just barely ripe and crisp melons. Sadly the taste falls completely flat. It’s slightly bitter and grassy like a badly-processed bagged green—given this with no context, I would not have guessed it was a white. I get a little bit of artificial melon flavor, but the peach is just not there. This isn’t the worst fruit tea I’ve ever had, but it’s not good.

Fruity without being annoyingly so or tasting artificial. Nice and light, good for a cheer-up. Very peachy.

Flavors: Fruity, Peach