Earl Grey Decaf

Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “I was very pleasantly surprised by this tea. I'm very sensitive to caffeine, so I usually have to cut my tea intake off very early in the day. It was a treat to enjoy it this evening, and have a...” Read full tasting note
    wheezybee 242 tasting notes
  • “Drinking this with my steamed soy milk- and actually finding it a bit weaker than the regular Mighty Leaf Earl Grey. Also, if they can make the regular Earl Grey organic, what about the decaf? I...” Read full tasting note
    lisbet 267 tasting notes
  • “This is pretty much the same as the caffiene version in terms of flavour, maybe a little lighter on the bergamot. A great evening choice with milk and sugar.” Read full tasting note
    Scheherazade 682 tasting notes
  • “This is one of my very favorite teas :) My maternal grandmother, whom I was very close to until she passed, was extremely fond of earl grey, and always made it for me (at night, which incidentally...” Read full tasting note
    mollyadams1990 9 tasting notes

From Mighty Leaf Tea

High-grown black tea from Ceylon and China combine with the smoky orange notes of Bergamot fruit to create the Earl Grey Decaf black tea Enjoy this elegant, balanced and full-flavored classic cup. Earl Grey himself would be proud.

About Mighty Leaf Tea View company

Mighty Leaf Tea was born for the sole purpose of infusing life into an ancient indulgence by creating tea products that reach new heights of quality and innovation. Our passion is creating the most incredible handcrafted tea blends found anywhere, globally sourcing the finest ingredients available. Paralleling the highest standards of quality at Mighty Leaf Tea is ongoing creative innovation.

I was very pleasantly surprised by this tea. I’m very sensitive to caffeine, so I usually have to cut my tea intake off very early in the day. It was a treat to enjoy it this evening, and have a very good Earl Grey experience without any of the jitters!

You can read my full review here:

Drinking this with my steamed soy milk- and actually finding it a bit weaker than the regular Mighty Leaf Earl Grey. Also, if they can make the regular Earl Grey organic, what about the decaf? I hope they don’t use chemical decaffeination methods.

Anyway, I am barely tasting the bergamot right now, which is odd- it doesn’t get swallowed by the soy milk when I use the caffeinated version. That said, I’m going to give this one a few more tries because of my need to combine the tummy soothing effects of black tea with less caffeine for the sake of my nerves. I am a fragile bunny right now.

This is one of my very favorite teas :) My maternal grandmother, whom I was very close to until she passed, was extremely fond of earl grey, and always made it for me (at night, which incidentally did not make me jittery and hyper, but calmer and more sleepy) when I was younger. Now as an adult I am actually very sensitive to caffeine, but I still love the earl grey, so I tend to look for decaf versions, and this is the best one. Truest to the real thing, in my opinion. And, since I like to drink it at night, it’s just better to have decaf. It is very bergamot-y, but I’ve always added sugar and milk to my earl grey, so I find that tames it quite a bit. I can still very much taste the black tea in the drink, but it does have a strong bergamot taste and aroma. Excellent tea.

Mighty Leaf – “Earl Grey Decaf”
Sachet. Appearance: small curled, standard black leaves. Some twigs were present. Liquor: traditional reddish brown. Smell: extremely floral and aromatic. Just smelling the dry leaves gave an extremely powerful bergamot smell (almost an essential oil level whiff). When brewed the strong floral scent continues. Taste: the bergamot fragrance tends to overwhelm the black tea taste, and lingers in the nasal passages after swallowing, so it is the primary taste sensation. The tea is more astringent than other Mighty Leaf blacks: after a minute without drinking the tea, I actually had to get a drink of water. The astringency may be from the combination of bergamot oil and black tea. As with other spiced black teas, sugar rounds out the edges, but it does not enhance the already strong bergamot flavor. While I want a quality decaf, I do not like how strong the bergamot is. 4/10.