Ginger Twist

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple Pieces, Citrus, Ginger, Ginseng, Lemongrass, Licorice, Mint, Natural Flavours, Orange Pieces, Papaya
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “After reading so many tasting notes about so many fellow steepsterites getting colds, and stuffy heads, I figured this tea sounded like a good clear my head tea for this afternoon. Mighty Leaf...” Read full tasting note
    Dragonwellluvr 558 tasting notes
  • “I bought this tea for someone who then gave it back to me. I needed more herbals in my life anyways. The name of this tea is kind of misleading. You'd think there should be a stronger ginger...” Read full tasting note
    Mercuryhime 510 tasting notes
  • “Mighty Leaf teas always look so pretty and I like that the sachets are transparent enough to see the ingredients inside. This particular tea smelled a bit like pungent, musky, mint when it was...” Read full tasting note
    JillDragon 1582 tasting notes
  • “ A choice of tea over the standard Chamomile or Lavender, kick it up a bit with some herbs, some good fruits to give of notes and what did I got? A fruity-herbal aromatic, light tasting of a fruit...” Read full tasting note
    TEaCosy1234 81 tasting notes

From Mighty Leaf Tea

The Ginger Twist herbal tea is a harmonious mix of lemongrass, tropical fruits, and mint fueled with a touch of ginger and ginseng. A lush and magical herb and fruited infusion, Ginger Twist herbal tea helps promote calm, focus and good health with a powerful dose of antioxidants.

About Mighty Leaf Tea View company

Mighty Leaf Tea was born for the sole purpose of infusing life into an ancient indulgence by creating tea products that reach new heights of quality and innovation. Our passion is creating the most incredible handcrafted tea blends found anywhere, globally sourcing the finest ingredients available. Paralleling the highest standards of quality at Mighty Leaf Tea is ongoing creative innovation.

Another from the Mighty Leaf sampler. This is not how I expected it to be, surprisingly. I was anticipating something very much like Teapigs Lemon and Ginger, but this is quite different. The main flavour is lemongrass, which is generically citrussy and somewhat hay-like. There’s also a hint of tropical fruit, maybe mango or pineapple, and the slightest touch of mint. I don’t really get ginger at all, which is surprising in a tea called “Ginger Twist” I think. I get the twist, but no ginger other than perhaps the tiniest spicy warmth in the aftertaste. I might be imagining that, or at least wishing it into existence.

This means that my feelings about this one are mixed. I don’t always like ginger in tea, so part of me is a little relieved. I wasn’t expecting a lemongrass/fruit blend, though, which is what this essentially is. It’s pleasant, but nothing out of the ordinary. It also makes me wonder how I should rate this. As a ginger tea, I wouldn’t score it very highly at all, largely because there’s no ginger and it doesn’t live up to its promise. As a lemongrass/fruit blend, I’d rate it more highly. I’m going to go with an average and call it good, I think. I’ll have no problem finishing off my last few bags, but it’s not one I’d seek out again because overall it’s just a bit meh.

It’s funny how names can color receptions of a tea. I was expecting this herbal blend from Mighty Tea, Ginger Twist, to be quite piquant. Instead, it seemed very fresh and clean tasting, but not especially spicy. My mouth felt almost as though I had used some sort of pleasant-flavored antiseptic mouthwash!

The mint was very obvious, as was the lemongrass, which makes sense since there is lots of both clearly visible in the sachet. The chunks of stuff appear to be both ginger and fruit pieces, but the overall effect is pretty close to the description on the box:

Lemongrass, tropical fruits and mint fueled with a touch of ginger

How true! Well, except that I would mention the mint second, since it is more dominant to my palate than are the tropical fruits…

Overall, I am pleased with this tisane. I consumed a second glass and found it to be more spicy, though I believe that I steeped it for about the same amount of time. The licorice is very subtle, imparting only a smidgeon of sweetness, so this blend is very different from Harney & Sons Licorice Ginger, Tazo Settle, and other infusions with big hits of both ginger and licorice.

Fortunately, despite its dominance, the lemongrass does not seem too rough hewn or ragged in Ginger Twist. Sometimes I find that lemongrass can overwhelm, but in Ginger Twist it seems pretty smooth. Given how harsh lemongrass can be, I imagine that the fact that it figures as the very first (predominant) ingredient may dissuade some consumers from even trying this blend.

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 3 g 10 OZ / 295 ML

Backlog:

A really nice tea to keep on hand when I’m feeling under the weather. I’m glad that it’s a tisane WITHOUT hibiscus. It does have ginseng, and i’m not big into ginseng, but I’d rather have ginseng than hibiscus.

Tasty. I like the tropical notes to this. The ginger is warm and peppery. Not a bad tisane.

The most delicious aroma fills your room when you brew a cup. Spicy and sweet flavor—this is my favorite “fancy tea” to go with sweet cakes.

Ginger Twist is a delightful herbal tea. I like the way the smooth lemongrass mingles with the ginger and citrus. It is a robust tea. Great for after lunch.

Delizioso con due cucchiaini di miele.

Coming from someone who generally abhors the taste of ginger, you’ll be surprised to find that my review of this tea is overwhelmingly positive. I gave it a shot because it was a blend, thought maybe the Ginger would not be too intense. Unread I found myself drinking a tea with a one- two punch of flavors, very sequential, with a flavorful first taste and a powerful Ginger aftertaste. The Ginger was not the painful spiciness I was expecting, but a smooth kind of spicy, agreeable and warming.

This is a staple in our home during cold season now, and is excellent for someone with an upset stomach but an aversion to straight Ginger tea or chews.

No matter you opinions of Ginger, this tea is an exciting experience- the second wave of flavor packs such a punch you might get teased for making faces. A very, very exciting tea- and I can’t say I call tea “exciting” very often.

Second Mighty Leaf sample. This tea’s got a zing! The ginger and mint in it makes my tongue tingle. :P It’s a nice, citrusy herbal, reminding me vaguely of Good Earth’s Green Tea with Lemongrass (which I love). It feels like this would be a good comfort tea if I have a cold, because of the citrus. (I like citrus when I’m sick. What can I say?) I don’t think this would ever become a staple of mine, but I do enjoy it and am glad I tried it. :)

A little underwhelming, but had some nice undertones amidst the ginger.

Nice, refreshing herbal tea that has just enough ginger to feel good without tasting soapy.