Organic Earl Grey

Bergamot, Citrus, Bitter, Perfume, Oak wood, Smoke, Smoked
Sachet
High
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “Sipdown, 242. I randomly picked up a sachet of this at a hotel or conference once, and I have had it in my stash since. I brought it home with me this weekend because my parents don’t have a...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 2182 tasting notes
  • “We finally made it – this is the last face/off of the first elimination round of the Battle of the Earl Greys. The second round will start on Wednesday! Jake made some lovely...” Read full tasting note
    wheezybee 255 tasting notes
  • “Was pleasantly surprised to find whole leaf in the silken sachet Mighty Leaf tea in the diner I was eating in this evening (why was I in a diner on Thanksgiving? Long story short, we had our dinner...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “The graduate advisor emailed me a while ago, asking that I give her my CV in less than two days so she can send it off so I could be considered for some fellowship. Seeing that I haven’t had...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 1163 tasting notes

From Mighty Leaf Tea

Organic Earl Grey is made of rich organically grown black tea leaves and golden buds with a twist of citrusy organic bergamot. Mighty Leaf perfects the classic tea with an elegant, balanced and full flavored cup. Earl Grey himself would be proud. Certified organic tea by the USDA and QAI.

About Mighty Leaf Tea View company

Mighty Leaf Tea was born for the sole purpose of infusing life into an ancient indulgence by creating tea products that reach new heights of quality and innovation. Our passion is creating the most incredible handcrafted tea blends found anywhere, globally sourcing the finest ingredients available. Paralleling the highest standards of quality at Mighty Leaf Tea is ongoing creative innovation.

Simply put — this is delicious! A bit on the strong side and probably one of the only teas I put a dash of sugar in — but one of my favorites for sure! Great with rock sugars!

I’m with Rachel C up there. I was also surprised by this tea. I was at a cafe with a friend and this was the Earl Grey they brought when I ordered tea. I’d heard of Mighty Leaf and knew it was supposed to be a nice tea, but had never tried any of them. I expected a cup of standard Earl Grey and prepared myself for bergamot overload, but it wasn’t there. There wasn’t any oily/heavy/killed-by-bergamot flavor. It was just a nice little Earl Grey that was very well done. I bought a box the next day.

I don’t usually like earl grey tea, but I did like this one. I thought it had a good flavor. It gave me a headache though, does anyone know why that would happen?

A nice basic Earl Grey, but not quite as smooth as some of the more high-end varieties out there. Astringent (which is OK for some Earl drinkers), and satisfying, but not impressive.

I’m not an Earl Grey fan but this one was pretty good. This tea was strong just like the other Mighty Leaf teas.

I received a Mighty Leaf gift set for Christmas with the cutest teapot that holds about 1 liter. It came with a small selection of their sachets—I’ve never seen whole tea leaves in a fancy pouch before, so that’s convenient! :) I went ahead and dedicated one pouch to the whole pitcher and steeped for the usual time. I’ve yet to find my perfect Earl Grey, so I figured it’d be safer to go with a weaker brew and I can use the last two pouches together if I don’t mind the taste.

That being said, it’s rather good! The citrus isn’t as strong as Red Rose’s Earl Grey, it’s not as “burnt” tasting as Taylors, and I don’t taste a lot of the bitterness that are in some of the other tasting notes. I’m happy! Been craving a decent cup of Earl Grey for the last couple of months. Haha! xD

Flavors: Bergamot, Citrus

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 30 OZ / 887 ML

This was another bonus sample in my swap with Kaylee. Although I was impressed by Mighty Leaf’s breakfast blend, I wasn’t a fan of this earl grey. I followed the instructions on the tag and steeped it for 4 minutes and I’m thinking it may have benefited from a shorter steep. The bergamot was very strong and almost perfume-like, completely overwhelming the base. There was also a bit of bitterness to the aftertaste. It smoothed out pretty well with a splash of milk, but this still isn’t something I’d seek out again.

Flavors: Bergamot, Bitter, Perfume

A good quality Earl Grey that has the delicate aroma and a bit stronger flavor of bergamot that many fans enjoy. Lacking the hint of citrus some higher quality leaves have. Nevertheless, a great staple to have in the kitchen.

Comes in individual silk bags perfect for steeping.

Over steeping does ruin flavor a tad.

70/100

Flavors: Bergamot, Oak wood, Smoke, Smoked

Delicious as a London Fog style latte with foamed/steamed milk, sugar, and vanilla bean paste.

I’m drinking the ML Collection version of this tea today, although, again, to all intents and purposes it’s the same as the Mighty Leaf version. Maybe a touch more bergamot, but that might just be my imagination. It’s quite creamy, and the base is substantial enough that I can add milk if I want to. Given how I feel at the moment, I do want to. The bergamot flavouring is like an overlay on a cup of solid black tea — the flavour swirls through the top notes, but when you really get down to it it’s just a solid tasting, malty black. Apparently golden tip, according to the little pouch these teabags come in, and I can believe that.

After a single day’s respite on Monday, when I started to feel a bit better, my cold is now back for a second go. There are few occasions in my life when I’ve felt this lousy for this long. I’m not really enjoying any of the things I normally do, and tea is one of those. My throat is sore, I can’t breathe very well, my tastebuds are all wonky. Bleugh. Maybe it’s because I’m tired and a bit stressed, but I just can’t seem to shake this one off. Hopefully I’ll be back to normal soon, but in the meantime bagged tea is pretty much fine with me.