Organic Earl Grey

Bergamot, Citrus, Bitter, Perfume, Oak wood, Smoke, Smoked
Sachet
High
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “Sipdown, 242. I randomly picked up a sachet of this at a hotel or conference once, and I have had it in my stash since. I brought it home with me this weekend because my parents don’t have a...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 2182 tasting notes
  • “We finally made it – this is the last face/off of the first elimination round of the Battle of the Earl Greys. The second round will start on Wednesday! Jake made some lovely...” Read full tasting note
    wheezybee 255 tasting notes
  • “Was pleasantly surprised to find whole leaf in the silken sachet Mighty Leaf tea in the diner I was eating in this evening (why was I in a diner on Thanksgiving? Long story short, we had our dinner...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “The graduate advisor emailed me a while ago, asking that I give her my CV in less than two days so she can send it off so I could be considered for some fellowship. Seeing that I haven’t had...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 1161 tasting notes

From Mighty Leaf Tea

Organic Earl Grey is made of rich organically grown black tea leaves and golden buds with a twist of citrusy organic bergamot. Mighty Leaf perfects the classic tea with an elegant, balanced and full flavored cup. Earl Grey himself would be proud. Certified organic tea by the USDA and QAI.

About Mighty Leaf Tea View company

Mighty Leaf Tea was born for the sole purpose of infusing life into an ancient indulgence by creating tea products that reach new heights of quality and innovation. Our passion is creating the most incredible handcrafted tea blends found anywhere, globally sourcing the finest ingredients available. Paralleling the highest standards of quality at Mighty Leaf Tea is ongoing creative innovation.

I brewed up a glass of Mighty Leaf Organic Earl Grey in the sachet with the intention of holding another steep-off chez sherapop. The contender was supposed to be Teapigs Darjeeling Earl Grey. In fact, it ended up being something of an oranges and apples scenario, as the teas were very different, despite both being scented with bergamot. The liquor produced by this sachet was only a slightly darker reddish brown color (the Teapigs being more orange), but the brew was much less smooth.

The Mighty Leaf Organic Earl Grey required cream because the black base was quite scratchy. This blend might fare better consumed by itself or perhaps next to a lower-tier grocery store Earl Grey such as Bigelow or Twinings. For now, I have to say that I was not very impressed. I’ll try again later.

Boiling 5 min, 15 sec 2 g 10 OZ / 295 ML
Kirkoneill1988

im not much for earl grey anymore. maybe it’s the bergemot?

Kirkoneill1988

err maybe its because of the bergemot? ^

sherapop

Kirkoneill1988: I generally enjoy Earl Greys. My issue is usually with the base tea, not the bergamot. ;-)

As a lover of Earl Greys, this one is just meh.

Still kind of tasty with half and half and sugar.

I find this is great with a touch of local liquid honey.

Rachel Ray drinks Mighty Leaf Organic Earl Grey during the taping of her show and while on set, and we can see why! For those who enjoy Earl Grey this is the best I’ve found. The rich organic black tea leaves are accentuated by the organic bergamot. The bergamot is not overpowering or bitter, like some Earl Grey teas. This tea can be enjoyed as is, or with a splash of milk. Either way, you can’t go wrong with this Earl Grey.

I’ve actually never had Earl Grey before. I got this as a sample sachet in my order so why not give it a go? This was pretty good. Can’t say it’s the best earl grey I’ve ever had since it was the only Earl Grey I’ve ever had.

This is one of the few teas where over-steeping really does ruin the tea for me (hey, I’m forgetful, and the internet is full of distractions).
I always end up buying this tea at the train station, and it’s one of the few teas sold on-the-go in my area that doesn’t taste like sorrow and buyer’s regret. It’s good, standard Earl Grey, just do not let it steep too long or it will taste horrible.

A pretty bog-standard Earl Grey. It’s delicious (as any Earl Grey is) but nothing to write home about. I’d drink this as readily as any other Earl Grey.

Nothing special, but a good earl grey nonetheless.

Great to drink on a rainy day. One of the better earl greys I’ve ever had; was lighter, more fragrant. Very enjoyable.

It’s earl grey. It tastes like a good cup of earl grey. No complaints there, but you could probably find the same thing a bit cheaper than Mighty Leaf offers.