Organic Earl Grey

Bergamot, Organic Black Tea
Bergamot, Citrus, Bitter, Perfume, Oak wood, Smoke, Smoked
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “Sipdown, 242. I randomly picked up a sachet of this at a hotel or conference once, and I have had it in my stash since. I brought it home with me this weekend because my parents don’t have a...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 2182 tasting notes
  • “We finally made it – this is the last face/off of the first elimination round of the Battle of the Earl Greys. The second round will start on Wednesday! Jake made some lovely scones this...” Read full tasting note
    wheezybee 255 tasting notes
  • “Was pleasantly surprised to find whole leaf in the silken sachet Mighty Leaf tea in the diner I was eating in this evening (why was I in a diner on Thanksgiving? Long story short, we had our dinner...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “The graduate advisor emailed me a while ago, asking that I give her my CV in less than two days so she can send it off so I could be considered for some fellowship. Seeing that I haven’t had...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 1245 tasting notes

From Mighty Leaf Tea

Organic Earl Grey is made of rich organically grown black tea leaves and golden buds with a twist of citrusy organic bergamot. Mighty Leaf perfects the classic tea with an elegant, balanced and full flavored cup. Earl Grey himself would be proud. Certified organic tea by the USDA and QAI.

About Mighty Leaf Tea View company

Mighty Leaf Tea was born for the sole purpose of infusing life into an ancient indulgence by creating tea products that reach new heights of quality and innovation. Our passion is creating the most incredible handcrafted tea blends found anywhere, globally sourcing the finest ingredients available. Paralleling the highest standards of quality at Mighty Leaf Tea is ongoing creative innovation.

I’m drinking the ML Collection version of this tea today, although, again, to all intents and purposes it’s the same as the Mighty Leaf version. Maybe a touch more bergamot, but that might just be my imagination. It’s quite creamy, and the base is substantial enough that I can add milk if I want to. Given how I feel at the moment, I do want to. The bergamot flavouring is like an overlay on a cup of solid black tea — the flavour swirls through the top notes, but when you really get down to it it’s just a solid tasting, malty black. Apparently golden tip, according to the little pouch these teabags come in, and I can believe that.

After a single day’s respite on Monday, when I started to feel a bit better, my cold is now back for a second go. There are few occasions in my life when I’ve felt this lousy for this long. I’m not really enjoying any of the things I normally do, and tea is one of those. My throat is sore, I can’t breathe very well, my tastebuds are all wonky. Bleugh. Maybe it’s because I’m tired and a bit stressed, but I just can’t seem to shake this one off. Hopefully I’ll be back to normal soon, but in the meantime bagged tea is pretty much fine with me.

I brewed up a glass of Mighty Leaf Organic Earl Grey in the sachet with the intention of holding another steep-off chez sherapop. The contender was supposed to be Teapigs Darjeeling Earl Grey. In fact, it ended up being something of an oranges and apples scenario, as the teas were very different, despite both being scented with bergamot. The liquor produced by this sachet was only a slightly darker reddish brown color (the Teapigs being more orange), but the brew was much less smooth.

The Mighty Leaf Organic Earl Grey required cream because the black base was quite scratchy. This blend might fare better consumed by itself or perhaps next to a lower-tier grocery store Earl Grey such as Bigelow or Twinings. For now, I have to say that I was not very impressed. I’ll try again later.

Boiling 5 min, 15 sec 2 g 10 OZ / 295 ML

im not much for earl grey anymore. maybe it’s the bergemot?

err maybe its because of the bergemot? ^

Kirkoneill1988: I generally enjoy Earl Greys. My issue is usually with the base tea, not the bergamot. ;-)

As a lover of Earl Greys, this one is just meh.

Still kind of tasty with half and half and sugar.

I find this is great with a touch of local liquid honey.

Rachel Ray drinks Mighty Leaf Organic Earl Grey during the taping of her show and while on set, and we can see why! For those who enjoy Earl Grey this is the best I’ve found. The rich organic black tea leaves are accentuated by the organic bergamot. The bergamot is not overpowering or bitter, like some Earl Grey teas. This tea can be enjoyed as is, or with a splash of milk. Either way, you can’t go wrong with this Earl Grey.

I’ve actually never had Earl Grey before. I got this as a sample sachet in my order so why not give it a go? This was pretty good. Can’t say it’s the best earl grey I’ve ever had since it was the only Earl Grey I’ve ever had.

This is one of the few teas where over-steeping really does ruin the tea for me (hey, I’m forgetful, and the internet is full of distractions).
I always end up buying this tea at the train station, and it’s one of the few teas sold on-the-go in my area that doesn’t taste like sorrow and buyer’s regret. It’s good, standard Earl Grey, just do not let it steep too long or it will taste horrible.

A pretty bog-standard Earl Grey. It’s delicious (as any Earl Grey is) but nothing to write home about. I’d drink this as readily as any other Earl Grey.

Nothing special, but a good earl grey nonetheless.

Great to drink on a rainy day. One of the better earl greys I’ve ever had; was lighter, more fragrant. Very enjoyable.