Organic Spring Jasmine

Jasmine, Flowers
Sachet
Low
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “Had this again today on the go in a travel mug. Still wonderful, but with the mug top on I missed out on the wonderful aroma. Starting to realize now that tea really can be such a full sensory...” Read full tasting note
    rabbysmom 92 tasting notes
  • “I probably should not have purchased this tonight. I don’t need it, but I rationalized it well enough to throw it in the grocery cart. It isn’t really for me, said I to myself, it is...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1975 tasting notes
  • “I thought Jasmine teas weren’t for me until I tried this tea. The jasmine isn’t cloying as it can become in many blends. It is light and sweet instead of heavy and perfume ladden. ...” Read full tasting note
    Dragonwellluvr 558 tasting notes
  • “To be honest I have no idea as to temperature (it was v. hot) or steeping time because I got this at the local frozen yogurt joint after going out to dinner with the fam and another fam tonight. ...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 953 tasting notes

From Mighty Leaf Tea

Organic Spring Jasmine green tea is made of smooth Chinese loose leaf green tea leaves naturally scented by layers of Arabian jasmine buds. With an intoxicating aroma and a piquant yet rounded cup, Organic Spring Jasmine green tea in a silken tea pouch is our twist on a Chinese classic jasmine tea in a gourmet teabag.

Organic green tea, jasmine flowers

Character

Leaves
Flat green leaf

Aroma
Fresh, delicate jasmine

Color
Pale green liquor

Taste
Smooth and sweet body with a hint of tannin

About Mighty Leaf Tea View company

Mighty Leaf Tea was born for the sole purpose of infusing life into an ancient indulgence by creating tea products that reach new heights of quality and innovation. Our passion is creating the most incredible handcrafted tea blends found anywhere, globally sourcing the finest ingredients available. Paralleling the highest standards of quality at Mighty Leaf Tea is ongoing creative innovation.

Randomly chose this tea…I think I will be doing that a lot today…regardless of what it is I am going to try and drink it…so this should be interesting…lol…

Very strong on the green and jasmine flavour. I tend to oversteep, which makes it bitter.

This bagged tea is comparatively pricey, but for my needs, it fits the bill well. Whole leaf tea in sizeable bag for workplace convenience? Check. Noticeable but non-cloying jasmine flavor blended with smooth green tea? Check. Ability to be resteeped multiple times for more cost-effectiveness? Check. I’ve also discovered that due to the large amount of tea in the bag, my first steep needs to be shorten, lest it brings out bitterness.

This one has become my default “just-relax-and-have-a-cup-of-green-tea” tea. The flavor isn’t anything unique but you can definitely taste how smooth the tea is (of course with the correct brewing time). The scent is lovely and soothing. You can also taste how high quality the ingredients are. This is probably one of my favorite green teas.

I’m not a jasmine fan but it did not taste like perfume. Some of the cheaper jasmine teas taste like perfume.

I’ve put off reviewing this tea for a bit. I’m not certain why, but I think it’s because I can’t make my mind about it. The jasmine is nice, if a bit strong for my tastes (and it makes me sneeze when I breathe it in too deep, so I don’t), but the green beneath always seems to leave me with an unpleasant aftertaste. The jasmine calls for a more flavorful green and the tannins should be reined in a bit, at least before I’ll purchase this outside of the Mighty Leaf sampler (which I tend to buy and rebuy).

Not bad! This is a very delicate tea but I got four decent steeps out of it at work today (although I’m now hoping no one noticed and thought it was weird that I steeped the same teabag four times). The jasmine flavor is definitely present but not over-the-top. There’s a slight sweetness that I really enjoyed as well. I’m glad that I have another bag of this left!

Flavors: Jasmine

I actually drank this yeaterday, but I didn’t have time to log it. I’m not usually a big fan of jasmine tea, as I find it too heavy and floral on the whole. This one is actually pretty nice, though. Possibly it doesn’t contain as much jasmine as some I’ve tried — it’s not a pearl tea, which is what I’ve usually tried. The green base is actually the main flavour, and it’s light, sweet and buttery. The jasmine is almost an afterthought, and adds an almost creamy, delicately floral edge to the end of the sip. Looking at the leaves in the bag, they’re small and a little twisted looking. That’s probably why I was expecting a dark, maybe slightly bitter green base, but it’s so much better than that. I wouldn’t keep this one around all the time, but if I was going to drink a jasmine tea, this would be firmly on my list of choices. A pretty decent cup!

jump sent this my way….as a practical joke i’m sure….since i do not like jasmine! but i’ll drink everything ppl send me. even smelly toe tea. :) I couldn’t drink much of this because it was REALLY jasmine smelling but the half cup i did drink was pretty decent for a bagged tea. however i was super glad i had my other tea! lol

jump62359

Oh my gosh I’m so sorry! I didn’t know that you didn’t like jasmine!
Ahh well, at least it was just a single sachet. I’ll remember this for next time :)

hahahaha no no the correct response is: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA got you sil lol

Suziqzer

even the smelly toe tea…?? You are braver than I.

EVEN the toe smelling tea… if someone sends it to me, i will attempt to drink at least SOME of it. lol it’s a bit of a game with SOME people lol

Suziqzer

I can see the fun in it :)

Suziqzer

I might be more adventurous than I realize

TheTeaFairy

Sil, you mean tea that tastes like feet???

Teafairy….yes…yes I did. But I could t remember it until you said it, but I was thinking of you :)

Suziqzer

Hey… It might be fun to have a TTB of smelly/strange teas. Not likely a good idea, but funny to think about.

TheTeaFairy

Oh, that’s really great that stinky feet remind you of me, so fairy like, lol!

LMAO! it’s because of the tea you sent me teafairy!

Suzi – totally lol “worst teas ever travelling tea box” lol it’s like the time justjames threatened to send me a box of blergamot. bah!

TheTeaFairy

Lol, I know, that’s why I mentioned it, was just pulling your leg…(or foot??)

Suziqzer

Lol.. Great to have good tea friends that can mess with you a little in good fun!

TOES!

TheTeaFairy

Yes suziqzer, it’s all about having fun :-) about your comment, I did a swap a couple of months ago about strange and unusual tasting teas!! Lots of fun… But it did challenge my taste buds, lol.

Suziqzer

I think it would be fun/interesting, but challenging like you said. I would probably be slow going through a bunch of teas like that… and something that tasted like stinky toes… Yikes! Did you spit it out??

Angrboda

That’s my approach as well. If someone sends me something with a known dislike in it, I’ll still try it so I can attempt to write about it. Sometimes I even get surprised!

angrboda – YEs! it’s fun!

Boy oh boy oh boy did I screw up. I stored these cellophane-wrapped sachets of Mighty Leaf Organic Spring Jasmine in the same box as some of their mint-tea sachets. BIG MISTAKE! Now the jasmine-scented green tea is mint-scented, jasmine-scented green tea.

The cellophane is a bad idea anyway, in my not-so-humble opinion, but I suppose that one needs to make this sort of mistake only once….

Ost

D: Oh no! That sucks! :/

Starfevre

I think we’ve all done that at least once.