Organic Spring Jasmine

Jasmine, Flowers
Sachet
Low
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “Had this again today on the go in a travel mug. Still wonderful, but with the mug top on I missed out on the wonderful aroma. Starting to realize now that tea really can be such a full sensory...” Read full tasting note
    rabbysmom 92 tasting notes
  • “I probably should not have purchased this tonight. I don’t need it, but I rationalized it well enough to throw it in the grocery cart. It isn’t really for me, said I to myself, it is...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 2107 tasting notes
  • “I thought Jasmine teas weren’t for me until I tried this tea. The jasmine isn’t cloying as it can become in many blends. It is light and sweet instead of heavy and perfume ladden. ...” Read full tasting note
    Dragonwellluvr 558 tasting notes
  • “To be honest I have no idea as to temperature (it was v. hot) or steeping time because I got this at the local frozen yogurt joint after going out to dinner with the fam and another fam tonight. ...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 1116 tasting notes

From Mighty Leaf Tea

Organic Spring Jasmine green tea is made of smooth Chinese loose leaf green tea leaves naturally scented by layers of Arabian jasmine buds. With an intoxicating aroma and a piquant yet rounded cup, Organic Spring Jasmine green tea in a silken tea pouch is our twist on a Chinese classic jasmine tea in a gourmet teabag.

Organic green tea, jasmine flowers

Character

Leaves
Flat green leaf

Aroma
Fresh, delicate jasmine

Color
Pale green liquor

Taste
Smooth and sweet body with a hint of tannin

About Mighty Leaf Tea View company

Mighty Leaf Tea was born for the sole purpose of infusing life into an ancient indulgence by creating tea products that reach new heights of quality and innovation. Our passion is creating the most incredible handcrafted tea blends found anywhere, globally sourcing the finest ingredients available. Paralleling the highest standards of quality at Mighty Leaf Tea is ongoing creative innovation.

Randomly chose this tea…I think I will be doing that a lot today…regardless of what it is I am going to try and drink it…so this should be interesting…lol…

Very strong on the green and jasmine flavour. I tend to oversteep, which makes it bitter.

This bagged tea is comparatively pricey, but for my needs, it fits the bill well. Whole leaf tea in sizeable bag for workplace convenience? Check. Noticeable but non-cloying jasmine flavor blended with smooth green tea? Check. Ability to be resteeped multiple times for more cost-effectiveness? Check. I’ve also discovered that due to the large amount of tea in the bag, my first steep needs to be shorten, lest it brings out bitterness.

This one has become my default “just-relax-and-have-a-cup-of-green-tea” tea. The flavor isn’t anything unique but you can definitely taste how smooth the tea is (of course with the correct brewing time). The scent is lovely and soothing. You can also taste how high quality the ingredients are. This is probably one of my favorite green teas.

I’m not a jasmine fan but it did not taste like perfume. Some of the cheaper jasmine teas taste like perfume.

This is a decent jasmine tea, and I do drink a lot of it. The jasmine isn’t too overbearing, and it isn’t too “perfumey”. Since I drink this one at work, it’s a little tough to control the temperature, and it sometimes gets a little too bitter. I would NOT buy this tea full price, it’s a little on the pricey side for it not being my favorite. However, homegoods frequently has it in stock for a good price, so I pick it up there.

Flavors: Jasmine

stolen from Optimizely

Boiling 8 min or more

I’ve put off reviewing this tea for a bit. I’m not certain why, but I think it’s because I can’t make my mind about it. The jasmine is nice, if a bit strong for my tastes (and it makes me sneeze when I breathe it in too deep, so I don’t), but the green beneath always seems to leave me with an unpleasant aftertaste. The jasmine calls for a more flavorful green and the tannins should be reined in a bit, at least before I’ll purchase this outside of the Mighty Leaf sampler (which I tend to buy and rebuy).

Not bad! This is a very delicate tea but I got four decent steeps out of it at work today (although I’m now hoping no one noticed and thought it was weird that I steeped the same teabag four times). The jasmine flavor is definitely present but not over-the-top. There’s a slight sweetness that I really enjoyed as well. I’m glad that I have another bag of this left!

Flavors: Jasmine

I actually drank this yeaterday, but I didn’t have time to log it. I’m not usually a big fan of jasmine tea, as I find it too heavy and floral on the whole. This one is actually pretty nice, though. Possibly it doesn’t contain as much jasmine as some I’ve tried — it’s not a pearl tea, which is what I’ve usually tried. The green base is actually the main flavour, and it’s light, sweet and buttery. The jasmine is almost an afterthought, and adds an almost creamy, delicately floral edge to the end of the sip. Looking at the leaves in the bag, they’re small and a little twisted looking. That’s probably why I was expecting a dark, maybe slightly bitter green base, but it’s so much better than that. I wouldn’t keep this one around all the time, but if I was going to drink a jasmine tea, this would be firmly on my list of choices. A pretty decent cup!