Organic Spring Jasmine

Jasmine, Flowers
Sachet
Low
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “Had this again today on the go in a travel mug. Still wonderful, but with the mug top on I missed out on the wonderful aroma. Starting to realize now that tea really can be such a full sensory...” Read full tasting note
    rabbysmom 92 tasting notes
  • “I probably should not have purchased this tonight. I don’t need it, but I rationalized it well enough to throw it in the grocery cart. It isn’t really for me, said I to myself, it is...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1980 tasting notes
  • “I thought Jasmine teas weren’t for me until I tried this tea. The jasmine isn’t cloying as it can become in many blends. It is light and sweet instead of heavy and perfume ladden. ...” Read full tasting note
    Dragonwellluvr 558 tasting notes
  • “To be honest I have no idea as to temperature (it was v. hot) or steeping time because I got this at the local frozen yogurt joint after going out to dinner with the fam and another fam tonight. ...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 953 tasting notes

From Mighty Leaf Tea

Organic Spring Jasmine green tea is made of smooth Chinese loose leaf green tea leaves naturally scented by layers of Arabian jasmine buds. With an intoxicating aroma and a piquant yet rounded cup, Organic Spring Jasmine green tea in a silken tea pouch is our twist on a Chinese classic jasmine tea in a gourmet teabag.

Organic green tea, jasmine flowers

Character

Leaves
Flat green leaf

Aroma
Fresh, delicate jasmine

Color
Pale green liquor

Taste
Smooth and sweet body with a hint of tannin

About Mighty Leaf Tea View company

Mighty Leaf Tea was born for the sole purpose of infusing life into an ancient indulgence by creating tea products that reach new heights of quality and innovation. Our passion is creating the most incredible handcrafted tea blends found anywhere, globally sourcing the finest ingredients available. Paralleling the highest standards of quality at Mighty Leaf Tea is ongoing creative innovation.

Ooops—I think three minutes was oversteeping. The green tea got just a little bitter. Otherwise, though, this is not bad. The brewed tea is a pretty light brown color with a touch of greenishness. Good solid green taste with balanced vegetal-ness, maybe a note of brine as mentioned by someone else, but not much. This is not an overwhelming jasmine tea in terms of floweriness—in fact, for this jasmine lover, it’s not enough jasmine, period—but it’s a nice jasmine flavor, not a perfume-y one. It would be a good tea for those who know they like green tea, but are not sure about jasmine.

I got this as part of a Green & White sampler from Mighty Leaf, with a handful of bags of each of four varieties. This is the first one from the box that I’ve tried. I probably would not buy this variety separately, as I prefer white jasmines if I’m going for jasmine, but it was nice to try.

Jasmine tea is my very favorite tea, so when I saw this at the local grocery store I knew I had to try it. The price put me off, as it was double the price of the brands I know and like, and I was reluctant to buy a whole box of expensive tea I might not enjoy, even though I don’t balk at tea prices and am quite willing to pay more for a good tea. That said, price is no indicator of quality when it comes to tea, so I’m wary of expensive teas. I’ve bought quite a few and some of the “top-tier” teas aren’t nearly as good as some things I’ve found in tea bags at the local grocery store! I knew Mighty Leaf was a good brand, so when I saw teas on sale the other day I gave in and bought some.

Normally I’m a “bulk tea” person – tea bags just don’t make the same cup in my opinion. These bags though? Worth the price. These aren’t tiny little standard-size paper tea bags. These are large silk sachets that are biodegradable leave plenty of room for the tea to expand and release the flavor.

The tea itself is drinkable. Delicate. Not as jasmine-y as some I love. The aroma is also delicate; not at all potent/heady like other jasmine teas. It’s certainly flavorful and doesn’t have that bitter aftertaste some jasmine teas do. While certainly drinkable, it’s not an instant favorite of mine. Worth the price? Not for me with this tea. I’ll drink the box I have, but I don’t think I’ll buy it again. In my opinion, there are better jasmine teas out there for the money.

The jasmine flavor was nice but it was a bit dry at the end.

Ending my relaxing evening with a cup of this yummy jasmine tea !

I bought a box a couple weeks ago and have had a few cups this week. It’s a good, solid, and straightforward jasmine, though not particularly complex.

I’ve been getting into Jasmine tea, and this is definitely the best one I’ve tried yet.

Second steeping for this one. I put it in the fridge overnight and had ice tea (unsweetened, for once) to drink this morning. It goes very well with something sweet-tasting like a cinnamon bun.

Blended this iced with Rishi Blueberry Rooibos, Adagio Pi Lo Chun, Mighty Leaf Organic Spring Jasmine, Numi Rooibos. I love Jasmine + lemon grass combo and thought it would be good to add just a little bit into the iced mixture.