Chai Rooibos Blend
Cardamon, Cinnamon, Cloves, Coconut
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Steeped this for a minute less than I did last time (6 minutes instead of 7), and I like this a lot more. It has more of a creamy vanilla taste to it, I guess from the coconut. The peppercorn is...” Read full tasting note
    shetheliving 355 tasting notes
  • “Adding a little sweetener (agave nectar) and milk make this tea amazingly delicious. See my full review: http://mandybee.wordpress.com/2009/04/25/coco-chai-rooibos-from-mighty-leaf-is-delicious/” Read full tasting note
    mandybee 58 tasting notes
  • “I'm a night time Rooibos- feen. I aim to try just about all of them out there. This one caught my attention. I'm not sure why. Maybe it just had a nice label (I know, bad reason) Anyway,...” Read full tasting note
    TLova 16 tasting notes
  • “Can def. taste the Rooibos blend in this Chai. It is an almost striking flavor of cinnamon to it (like most Chai) and the sweet taste of Rooibos definitely shows through. Has a nice, dark orange...” Read full tasting note
    teacast 19 tasting notes

From Mighty Leaf Tea

Coco Chai rooibos tea is a handcrafted, caffeine-free chai tea made from South African rooibos blended with shredded coconut, red peppercorns and aromatic spices including ginger, cinnamon and cardomon. This twist on a classic chai tea will surprise with its intoxicatingly aroma and spicey but sweet flavor.

About Mighty Leaf Tea View company

Mighty Leaf Tea was born for the sole purpose of infusing life into an ancient indulgence by creating tea products that reach new heights of quality and innovation. Our passion is creating the most incredible handcrafted tea blends found anywhere, globally sourcing the finest ingredients available. Paralleling the highest standards of quality at Mighty Leaf Tea is ongoing creative innovation.

Steeped this for a minute less than I did last time (6 minutes instead of 7), and I like this a lot more. It has more of a creamy vanilla taste to it, I guess from the coconut. The peppercorn is still there, but it’s not nearly as overwhelming with this steeping.

I’m a night time Rooibos- feen. I aim to try just about all of them out there. This one caught my attention. I’m not sure why. Maybe it just had a nice label (I know, bad reason)
Anyway, personal note, red peppercorns in tea, do not repeat.

Bethany

Yeah, this was just too spicy for me.

Can def. taste the Rooibos blend in this Chai. It is an almost striking flavor of cinnamon to it (like most Chai) and the sweet taste of Rooibos definitely shows through. Has a nice, dark orange tint to it (which makes sense, since it’s Rooibos). Interestingly spicy, though I am not a huge fan of spicy tea, it definitely will spice your day up, wow.

Leaves a type of “grainy” feeling in my throat and I can feel it going down. Do. Not. Like. Teas should be strong, but not grainy like this. It almost burns on its way down.

I made this as a cold brew. I’ve been doing that a lot lately. Wonderful blend of chai spices. No spice overwhelming the others. A little sweet and spicy. The coconut adds a bit of creaminess. Altogether a very nice cup in my tumbler!

Flavors: Cardamon, Cinnamon, Cloves, Coconut

5 tsp 25 OZ / 750 ML
Sami Kelsh

Ooh, I’ve never cold brewed a chai before. Consider me suitably intrigued!

This tea is ok. Not amazing, but definitely a good choice for a caffeine free chai, if you’re into chai, but not into caffeine.

Boiling 6 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I tried this tea recently for the second time, because I don’t like to walk away from a potentially good tea. My problem is that Chai, to me, is a milk tea that should be smooth and creamy. I don’t like the sudden tang of peppercorn in this tea. At all. I’m not a fan of Rooibos either, but the tea did not detract too much from the smoothness of the coconut. The peppercorns, however, were too strong a contrast, and left me with an aftertaste.

For those who like peppery teas? Worth a try. So far, though, my favourite Coconut Chai remains the Southern Seasons blend.

Rich and bold with aggressive ginger flavor and peppery aftertaste. Cocoa emerges slowly. Great.