Orchid Oolong

Oolong Tea
Natural Flavours, Oolong Tea Leaves
Dark Chocolate
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “Got good news on my possible health problem today.. yay! Hopefully the test results will prove even better. To celebrate, an old favorite. I'm almost out of my 4 oz. bag already. I've never run...” Read full tasting note
    shetheliving 355 tasting notes
  • “I was totally addicted to this stuff for the longest time. Lately I've been gravitating away from flavored tea but I still like it. Lots of coconut and just a little bit floral. Creamy and lush....” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2542 tasting notes
  • “This seems to haved worked out to be a coconut tea day - I swear it wasn't planned! :D Mmm, I love the floral-coconut scent this tea has - _so_ fragrantly delicious. One thing I noticed is that...” Read full tasting note
    JillDragon 1622 tasting notes
  • “When I opened the pouch to this I was expecting a floral smell.. not even close. I smelled something fruity... something familiar.. I had to look up the ingredients and found there was coconut in...” Read full tasting note
    kalmal 798 tasting notes

From Mighty Leaf Tea

Orchid Oolong tea is a fine oolong tea that offers tranquility through a fragrant bouquet of floral notes balanced with a touch of coconut in a rich, soothing infusion. After tasting Orchid Oolong tea you can imagine yourself journeying to a land where the air smells as sweet as the tea tastes.

Loose tea in 4 oz. bag

About Mighty Leaf Tea View company

Mighty Leaf Tea was born for the sole purpose of infusing life into an ancient indulgence by creating tea products that reach new heights of quality and innovation. Our passion is creating the most incredible handcrafted tea blends found anywhere, globally sourcing the finest ingredients available. Paralleling the highest standards of quality at Mighty Leaf Tea is ongoing creative innovation.

At first I was bummed that mighty leaf only had Orchid Oolong in a 50 pack and super expensive, but I soon discovered I could enjoy this tea loose – I was super jazzed. It’s been a while since I tried this tea, most likely a sample, and I was not disappointed. I adore this tea. The smell is grand and the taste is even better. It’s full bodied but no real bitterness – it’s on the verge of being delicate. Slight fruity smell but more refined as opposed to artificial. A+

The first time i tried this, i will be honest, i was a little disappointed. but the second time, i really quite enjoyed it. It doesnt have much of a flavour (apart from an oolong flavour) while you sip it, but it has a delicious coconut after taste which is like coconut cream or fresh coconut, not dessicated coconut. The coconut cream taste is beautiful its very delicate and creamy but not really fruity. It reminds me of the fresh coconuts i drank while in thailand. I dont really understand the name though. I was expecting a more delicate floral taste rather than a coconut one. but i definitely like this tea.

180 °F / 82 °C

I tried this tea for the first time while brunching at Hank’s Oyster Bar in DC. My friend and I swooned over the delicate vanilla flavoring, not at all overwhelming as it is in so many teas that use vanilla extracts. I went home and bought a couple packages from Mighty Leaf online, and I was just as impressed at home.

Personally, I like to brew it for shorter than recommended to keep the flavor light and subtle… but I can’t take black tea, so I tend to like my oolongs underbrewed to avoid taking on a black tea character..

I took the tea into work and forced it on several people. One non-tea drinker considered himself a convert afterwards. The rest asked for seconds…

Definitely recommended.

Love this tea! I bought a big bag of it on sale after receiving a sample of it in a previous Mighty Leaf order. Usually I am not big on coconut but this is a good “unwinding” tea. The taste rolls off the tongue really smooth-like. The scent is great, too. Subtle and soft.

So I was expecting strong floral from this one. Imagine my surprise, then, when I opened the pouch and got…coconut! Really strong coconut, as in coconut essence rather than the actual fruit. It actually reminds me of a body shop soap I used to use when I was younger! There’s no faulting the leaves, though. They’re rolled, and a beautiful green-brown with some yellowish stalks. No crushed or broken leaves here. Given that this is called “Orchid” oolong, and Orchid is a flower, I’m still thrown by the strong coconut scent.

I gave the bag three minutes in 180 degree water, after which the liquor is a golden yellow-brown. The scent of coconut is still strong, although there’s a fresh, mineral oolong scent also developing, and maybe a hint of light floral.

The strongest note in the flavour is initially coconut. The middle of the sip is more oolong, however, and is mildly buttery. A delicate floral comes out at the end of the sip, but it’s not nearly as potent as I expected it to be. It’s a heady floral, though, so orchid would fit. Sadly, it’s all but overwhelmed by coconut, which is really far too pungent, and quite oddly so. It really is like someone dumped half a bottle of coconut essence in the cup. Another slight issue is the astringency, which adds a dryness to the end of each sip. It’s not terrible, but paired with the coconut it’s pulling this one down in my estimation. It’s drinkable, but not really for me.

cocoa-tinged petals
last rays of sunlight depart
darkness falls, stars rise

Cheri

I like this one. The haiku I mean. I haven’t had the tea.

TeaBrat

I used to love this tea but got totally sick of it!

sherapop

Thank you, Cheri. I really like the scent of this tea, above all, TeaBrat.

The hint of coconut is really lovely.

This is one of my first oolong teas (and my first tasting note). I prepared this according to directions and added a bit of sugar. It was “okay”, but seemed to have a bit of a metalic taste. Perhaps it was just me or maybe it’s been in the tin too long. However, by the end of the cup I was enjoying it and I even steeped another. I didn’t detect any orchid in flavor and I don’t recall an orchid smell.

got this as a sample

smells very very floral… if you had enough of this you could scent a room with it, light liquor, liquor smells florally too also tastes exactly like it smells… if you like floral teas go for it… not my preference

A lovely oolong that is perfect to sip during the day