Chocolate Mint Truffle

Herbal Rooibos Blend
Chocolate, Mint
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Mighty Leaf Tea

Chocolate Mint Truffle made with rooibos tea, an herbal plant also known as Red Tea from South Africa, is an intoxicating blend of chocolate cacao nibs, mint and rooibos leaves. Rooibos and chocolate are both known to be good sources of antioxidants. Enjoy this guilt-free indulgence, great for kids and adults alike.

About Mighty Leaf Tea View company

Mighty Leaf Tea was born for the sole purpose of infusing life into an ancient indulgence by creating tea products that reach new heights of quality and innovation. Our passion is creating the most incredible handcrafted tea blends found anywhere, globally sourcing the finest ingredients available. Paralleling the highest standards of quality at Mighty Leaf Tea is ongoing creative innovation.

Chocolate? Mint? My middle names! I like this tea and it’s good straight up and also with a bit of sugar and milk. I am drinking the loose leaf but this also comes in tea bags. It seems to be a very reliable, pedestrian tea. I will finish it and enjoy it in the evenings. So far my favorite chocolate tea (not that I’ve done a wide sampling) is Florence by Harney and Sons.

If you like chocolate and mint you will inevitably enjoy this tea—the mint seems stronger than the chocolate. I suspect that there are better ones out there, but I would happily drink this again.

The more tea I drink, the more I start to make judgments about just how I would line individuals types up on a scale. If I could select just one Earl Grey as my favorite, from those I have tried, I could do it. If I could select just one strawberry flavored black tea and just one strawberry flavored rooibos, I could now do it. That does not mean that I will quest to try all of them.

This Chocolate Mint Truffle is very nice; there are days when meat-eaters would prefer a hamburger to a steak and this might just be the hamburger of choc/mint teas. But it’s a good hamburger—not a fast food one, but a hamburger from your local pub that prides itself on making a fantastic hamburger sandwich.

I think it’s time to try a second infusion.

Cofftea

Have you tried Adagio’s cocomint green? AMAZING.

Blast! I decided I wanted some tea before bed. I got some hot water from the hotel lobby, and came up to my room. Rifled through the stack of teabags I brought from home, and noticed that this tea said it was an herbal infusion. Grabbed and started steeping, then read the label.

Chocolate, mint, and Rooibos…sigh.

Rooibus makes me feel sick. So much for this sample :( And for my evening cuppa.

Bonnie

Sorry, me too. I’m allergic to it. Bean family. Too bad!

Hesper June

I’m Sorry :(

My first rooibos, and I love it! I have the loose tea version in a little tin I found at TJ Maxx for $1.99. Instructions are to pour 12 ounces of boiling water over 1 Tbsp of loose “tea” and steep for 5 minutes. I prefer my tea strong, so I added an extra teaspoon. The liqueur is a beautiful dark amber. The peppermint flavor is definitely there. The chocolate flavor is mild but present. Althought mild, I appreciate that it tastes like real chocolate, as opposed to most dessert teas which rely on artificial flavoring to get the “chocolate” point across. This is in my top 3 from Mighty Leaf!

I was expecting a bit more from this tea. It was ok. I couldn’t really find any chocolate, just mint. Wish I could say more, but I just wasn’t impressed by this one..

This tea sounded like dessert so I had to try it. From the package, it smells like an Andes mint candy. I happily brewed my tea expecting a cup of chocolate mint truffle.

What I ended up with was a cup of so-so mint tea that smelled really good. The chocolate was not present. So, a spoonful of honey went in to see if the flavors would improve. They did, amazingly. It now officially is a chocolate mint tea. It is quite tasty, smooth, and carries a fairly rich flavor. On those nights when a little chocolate would make life better, I can reach for this tea!

This tea smells sort of like a butter toffee after done steeping. To me, this doesn’t really taste like chocolate. It tastes like mint with a taste of something else that I can’t quite put my finger on yet. It’s plenty sweet without having to add any sugar or anything. I just wish there was a nice hint of chocolate in it.

I don’t like rooiboos and I really don’t like chocolate but I like this. The chocolate flavor is sort of an afterthought and it’s really the mint that takes center stage. But it’s also not overpowering. It, too, is rather subtle and somehow that seems to work for this infusion (it’s not a tea). It did need a little sweetener & milk. I got this as a free sample with an order and it worked. I would definitely buy this.

Back logging, had this in my coffe @ Bible study today. Yum!

After reading some of the underwhelming reviews of this tea I thought I’d start by doubling the amount of dry leaf in my cup. I figured it would amp up the flavor and maybe it did, but it doesn’t make it delicious or really even enjoyable. I can taste a bit of mint on the sip and a tiny bit of chocolate on the aftertaste, but it really isn’t anything interesting at all. Pity.

I thought this was okay. Overall, I liked it, but compared to the rest of Mighty Leaf’s flavors, this falls into the “just okay” realm. I felt this was pretty much a slightly different take on Mighty Leaf’s African Nector. Although a twinge of chocolate was present in the smell, I couldn’t actually taste it in the tea. Mint flavor is also pretty subtle.