Chocolate Mint Truffle

Herbal Rooibos Blend
Spearmint, Wood, Chocolate, Mint
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Mighty Leaf Tea

Chocolate Mint Truffle made with rooibos tea, an herbal plant also known as Red Tea from South Africa, is an intoxicating blend of chocolate cacao nibs, mint and rooibos leaves. Rooibos and chocolate are both known to be good sources of antioxidants. Enjoy this guilt-free indulgence, great for kids and adults alike.

About Mighty Leaf Tea View company

Mighty Leaf Tea was born for the sole purpose of infusing life into an ancient indulgence by creating tea products that reach new heights of quality and innovation. Our passion is creating the most incredible handcrafted tea blends found anywhere, globally sourcing the finest ingredients available. Paralleling the highest standards of quality at Mighty Leaf Tea is ongoing creative innovation.

One of the best rooibos blends I have tasted.

Very creative blend of tea! Right out off the bat, the tea bag smells deliciously chocolaty. It kinda smells like coca-puffs cereal. The tea steeps an amber brown. The peppermint flavor is stronger than chocolate, but both are pretty weak. My mouth is left feeling minty fresh with a tiny chocolaty after taste.

Backlogging. I had a cup of this Friday. It’s a great caffeine free cup of tea, and smells irresistible!

Teeny Tiny TTB Round 2

Even though the box is on its merry way to the next person in line, I still have this and one more tea to try (they were single servings so I just kept them to try later). I really like the idea of a mint chocolate rooibos, but this is actually the first one I’ve tried. Mighty Leaf has pretty cool sachets, the actual sachet part is made of the usual silky plastic material, but the edges are actually sewn with thread and so is the string. Interesting! Okay, so I took one whiff of this and thought why would anyone use spearmint in a mint chocolate tea…? Weird.

The steeped tea smells like spearmint gum, I don’t really smell any chocolate. I definitely don’t taste any chocolate either… It just tastes like rooibos and spearmint gum had a lovechild. Nope, not cool. It’s not undrinkable, but it’s pretty meh.

Flavors: Spearmint, Wood

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

From the Teeny Tiny TTB.

Came in a tea bag. The mint is very weak, the chocolate flavoring much more so. Even the base tea – red rooibos – didn’t taste that fresh.

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

I’m liking this tea more and more. It has the full-body I was looking for in the evening. I added a little vanilla cream stevia and whoa… what a cup of tea. I also have some hazelnut stevia that I might try. Sometimes rooibos can be a bit whimpy but with the addition of the mint and chocolate it makes me happy. This is one I’m going to end up keeping in my cupboard – not for every night but this will fill a void in my evening teas. With the addition of the vanilla stevia I’m going to raise my rating a little, from 80-85.

Cheri

Ooh! That sounds yum-tastic!

Suziqzer

I like mint & chocolate teas & reach for them sometimes. This sounds great for evenings when that craving hits. I’ll have to keep my eye out for it.

carol who

One of the things about this tea… It was bought at a regular store! It’s so hard to find tea places, so grocery food and health food stores have been filling that empty space in my world.

Suziqzer

I’m right there with you with few tea places. Here it’s mostly bagged teas or order online. I’m fine with keeping some bagged teas around that fit my flavor profiles and this might be one. I think I’ve seen some Mighty Leaf somewhere in town… Just have to find it now and grab this one. :).

I’ve had a couple of these recently, and have been reasonably impressed. The flavour is a bit variable, depending on the brew time and temparature, but it always yields a flavourful and enjoyable treat. The chocolate is the flavour that seems most susceptible to vanishing — I haven’t quite worked out what causes it yet, but I’m certain that it does. The first cup I tried tasted mostly of rooibos, and quite a brassy-tasting one at that. The second cup was altogether better, with both mint and chocolate in addition to the rooibos. When all of the flavours are identifiable, this does approach the flavour of a chocolate mint truffle — it’s something that comes together after a couple of sips, and forms an impression in the aftertaste if not the initial sip. This is another tea I’ll have to work on a little before I discover exactly what works best for me when it comes to brewing. I’m encouraged so far, though. A pleasant sweet treat when I’m trying to avoid reaching for a chocolate bar!

I actually bought a bulk purchase of sachets for holiday gifts. Appearance: blend of rooibos and mint leaves, with cacao nibs. Pleasant loose but better in sachets (rooibos has a tendency to slip through many mesh strainers). Liquor: traditional rooibos reddish-brown. Smell: okay, not as good as the taste. Taste: very smooth and surprisingly chocolate-y. The rooibos is a nice, soft base, and the mint is soothing. When I’m in the mood for this, it’s just delicious. 7/10.

Despite my like for chocolate and mint (and their combination), I remain unconvinced that they belong in tea. I don’t think I would enjoy this tea much on its own, but I managed to brew it just before pulling some girl scout thin mints out of the freezer, and I can’t imagine anything better to complement it. I added no milk or sugar, just ate the cookies as I drank.

Beautiful colors in the tea, beautiful satchel, fantastic smell. The taste was mild and nothing to write home about, but oh!, the smell….Mmmmm. I’d buy it again. Good for an evening when you’re trying to not go for a candy bar.