Chocolate Mint Truffle

Herbal Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “backlogged from last night. I put on my pjs, brewed this up at watched a few episodes of Poirot, which was a lovely evening. I'm glad that I drank the last of this tea. Not an impresive tea at...” Read full tasting note
    Rosehips 674 tasting notes
  • “This has been on my wishlist for a few years! Thanks to KallieBoo! I'm able to sip and write about it today! Thanks bunches :) It doesn't have the aroma POW I assumed it would have. ...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “I am desperately craving chocolate tonight! I think it might be because I was just munching on popcorn and I got salt overload that needs to be balanced with sweets, but man I need chocolate! Lol,...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 822 tasting notes
  • “Tasty! It's mint and a little bit of chocolate mixed in, much like a chocolate bar where you wish there was more chocolate to mint in the ratio, but are still grateful to have something. I'd...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1397 tasting notes

From Mighty Leaf Tea

Chocolate Mint Truffle made with rooibos tea, an herbal plant also known as Red Tea from South Africa, is an intoxicating blend of chocolate cacao nibs, mint and rooibos leaves. Rooibos and chocolate are both known to be good sources of antioxidants. Enjoy this guilt-free indulgence, great for kids and adults alike.

About Mighty Leaf Tea View company

Mighty Leaf Tea was born for the sole purpose of infusing life into an ancient indulgence by creating tea products that reach new heights of quality and innovation. Our passion is creating the most incredible handcrafted tea blends found anywhere, globally sourcing the finest ingredients available. Paralleling the highest standards of quality at Mighty Leaf Tea is ongoing creative innovation.

One of the best rooibos blends I have tasted.

Very creative blend of tea! Right out off the bat, the tea bag smells deliciously chocolaty. It kinda smells like coca-puffs cereal. The tea steeps an amber brown. The peppermint flavor is stronger than chocolate, but both are pretty weak. My mouth is left feeling minty fresh with a tiny chocolaty after taste.

Backlogging. I had a cup of this Friday. It’s a great caffeine free cup of tea, and smells irresistible!

I bought this tea before I read the reviews. Well,it’s not bad. I was afraid that it would be pretty bad since the reviews weren’t very positive. The mint is predominant but the chocolate helps fill it out. I did use some vanilla stevia which may account for the disparity between my score and some of the others. Several of my mint teas ( mostly Morrocan Mint) have caffeine so this is a good non-caffeinated choice. Since the chocolate is not strong it should probably be called Mint Chocolate Truffle instead of Chocolate Mint.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I’ve had a couple of these recently, and have been reasonably impressed. The flavour is a bit variable, depending on the brew time and temparature, but it always yields a flavourful and enjoyable treat. The chocolate is the flavour that seems most susceptible to vanishing — I haven’t quite worked out what causes it yet, but I’m certain that it does. The first cup I tried tasted mostly of rooibos, and quite a brassy-tasting one at that. The second cup was altogether better, with both mint and chocolate in addition to the rooibos. When all of the flavours are identifiable, this does approach the flavour of a chocolate mint truffle — it’s something that comes together after a couple of sips, and forms an impression in the aftertaste if not the initial sip. This is another tea I’ll have to work on a little before I discover exactly what works best for me when it comes to brewing. I’m encouraged so far, though. A pleasant sweet treat when I’m trying to avoid reaching for a chocolate bar!

I actually bought a bulk purchase of sachets for holiday gifts. Appearance: blend of rooibos and mint leaves, with cacao nibs. Pleasant loose but better in sachets (rooibos has a tendency to slip through many mesh strainers). Liquor: traditional rooibos reddish-brown. Smell: okay, not as good as the taste. Taste: very smooth and surprisingly chocolate-y. The rooibos is a nice, soft base, and the mint is soothing. When I’m in the mood for this, it’s just delicious. 7/10.

Despite my like for chocolate and mint (and their combination), I remain unconvinced that they belong in tea. I don’t think I would enjoy this tea much on its own, but I managed to brew it just before pulling some girl scout thin mints out of the freezer, and I can’t imagine anything better to complement it. I added no milk or sugar, just ate the cookies as I drank.

Beautiful colors in the tea, beautiful satchel, fantastic smell. The taste was mild and nothing to write home about, but oh!, the smell….Mmmmm. I’d buy it again. Good for an evening when you’re trying to not go for a candy bar.

No chocolate… but if you like mint tea, not a bad cup.

Aroma molto buono ma il gusto poi non è all’altezza.