Organic African Nectar

Rooibos Tea
Organic Hibiscus, Organic Marigold, Organic Natural Flavoring, Organic Rooibos
Blueberry, Fruit Punch, Hibiscus, Honeysuckle, Fruity, Jasmine, Tannic, Tropical, Flowers, Rooibos, Wet Wood, Citrus, Earth, Rose, Mango, Vanilla, Peppermint
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• The Final Sipdown: Day 11 Decupboarding Total: 24 Today is the day for drinking (and decupboarding!) the (not-)teas that scare me. That’s right. Rooibos. Yuck. This...” Read full tasting note
    aug3zimm 911 tasting notes
  • “My second time drinking this one. I liked it quite a bit the first time. And quite a bit this time as well. A solid bagged tropical flavored rooibos. I’ll pick apart which topical flavors I...” Read full tasting note
    chrine 545 tasting notes
  • “The beau brought a silken satchet of this home from his work for me to try. While I’m not the biggest rooibos fan anymore I do love him so try it I shall. The aroma reminds me of Ruby Red...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 707 tasting notes
  • “I didn’t expect much from this tea, so that’s ok. Would I purchase it again? Probably not as there are better out there. Really wasn’t feeling the "nectar’ portion of...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 6828 tasting notes

From Mighty Leaf Tea

Rooibos, also known as Red Tea, is an herbal plant from South Africa. Sojourn to the fertile tropics with our Organic African Nectar rooibos tea, a caffeine-free Rooibos blend teeming with tropical fruit and blossoms. Rich in anti-oxidants, it promotes calm and relaxation.

About Mighty Leaf Tea View company

Mighty Leaf Tea was born for the sole purpose of infusing life into an ancient indulgence by creating tea products that reach new heights of quality and innovation. Our passion is creating the most incredible handcrafted tea blends found anywhere, globally sourcing the finest ingredients available. Paralleling the highest standards of quality at Mighty Leaf Tea is ongoing creative innovation.

I love rooibos and I really love this African Nectar. I think it’s the hibiscus, since that’s one of my favorite flavors. I can drink this daily at home, and I once saw this guy at a coffee shop really pissed because they had run out of this flavor. I guess he is an addict too.

Decided to brew double strength this time: two sachets per 14 oz water. Tastes a bit strong.

Flavors: Fruity, Honeysuckle, Jasmine, Tannic

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 14 OZ / 414 ML

My new housemate works at Peet’s Coffee, and they recently bought Mighty Leaf Tea Company. So, he sometimes brings home free tea!

This was his first gift to the house, so it will be the first one I try.

It’s been a while since I have had a rooibos based tea, so I am a bit excited. Although, it is blend with many other flavors, but that’s OK.

The first smell is really good. Very fruity, very tropical. I don’t smell much of the rooibos base, but maybe it will come out in the taste. Smells like a great hot weather, Summer tea.

The flavor confirms that. This will be a great dog days of Summer tea. The tropical fruity overtones dominate the palate, hiding the rooibos base. I would like to get more of that base into the mix, so I will experiment the next time I brew it.

Overall, a very good tea. Just wish it had more rooibos and less fruit.

Flavors: Fruit Punch, Fruity, Tropical

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 9 g 32 OZ / 946 ML

The first thing I noticed about this tea, right when I took it out of the packaging, was its scent. It was robustly rooibos, with a little extra hidden in there. My nose is not so keen, so I can’t fully explain it. I really liked the filterbags the tea comes in. They’re quite interesting, and I would actually prefer this kind to the conventional ones.

The flavor is nice, and the aftertaste even better. It’s warm and soothing, but at the back of the mouth, very cooling at the same time. It makes my mouth feel a bit refreshed. Definitely flowery and woody. I can’t say I’m completely wowed, but it is quite nice and relaxing to drink. I wouldn’t say it’s very sweet on its own (as I didn’t add sugar), but it’s not bitter either, more neutral.

Overall impression: Very woody, flowery taste. Nice scent. Cooling but warm.

Flavors: Flowers, Rooibos, Wet Wood

Yes. I just received my order from Mighty Leaf this week and am slowly going through all of my selection. Most of the teas I ordered are black base, so it will take me a long while to get to trying them all.

This tea is divine. I suggest letting the water cool a wee bit after it boils before adding it to the tea to prevent the rooibos bitterness happening. The flavour is deep, earthy, rich, with a good jolt of citrus and something a bit sweet and rose-flavoured. Also, the flavour is nice as it cools. I will be keeping this tea handy.

Flavors: Citrus, Earth, Rose

This is a tasty rooibos with a tropical, woody scent. I would caution, however, that one really needs to steep this longer in order to balance out the flavors. With a short steep I found this to be too floral and sour.

For me the color and aroma really shine, helping to make this a more pleasant experience, even if I get a bit tired of the tea by the time I finish the cup—there’s something cumulative about the astringency here, and by the end it’s detectably metallic.

It seems like most of the reviews of this tea are from people who don’t like rooibos, so I don’t think it’s been given a fair shake.
This is a nice tea. Perfectly balanced, fruity but not cloying, very high quality. I taste mango, peach, and papaya. Nice woodsy finish from the rooibos.
Also worth noting is the amount of labor that must go into producing these tea sachets! They’re sewn with string, almost like embroidery work along the edges.

I love the way Rooibos tastes and many flavored varieties are too strongly flavored but this one is very gentle.

Flavors: Earth, Mango, Vanilla

Upon opening the paper package that the tea bag came in I can immediately smell the tea; unfortunately it smelled like strong cough syrup to me. The silk tea pouch with sewn edges looked very nice though, it definitely adds to the experience.

Once hot water is added the heated smell is less like cough syrup and and more pleasant like fruit and flowers, and I could identify the mangos. I checked the ingredient list and saw no mangos, but just a second later realized it was in the “natural flavours”. It was an odd moment expecting to see mango in the list but didn’t, perhaps it would help to list it in brackets.

The tea is mild and thin-bodied, reddish orange liquor, and does not have a lot of depth, but I could smell the fruit while I drink it. It leaves a minty kind of aftertaste in the mouth that reminds me of peppermint, and sometimes at the very end a whiff of honey. It will probably not go well with milk as it does not have the astringency (being a rooibos) to offset the milk. It needs more character for my taste, but I can see it go well with fruit pieces as an iced tea.

Flavors: Flowers, Mango, Peppermint

For a bagged tea, this is pretty good. Rooibos has grown on me over time. I don’t find this one too overbearing in flavor and the slightly sweet tropical flavors were a nice complement to the tea.