Organic African Nectar

Rooibos Tea
Organic Hibiscus, Organic Marigold, Organic Natural Flavoring, Organic Rooibos
Nectar, Rooibos, Sweet, Wood, Floral, Fruity, Sugarcane, Herbs, Hibiscus, Blueberry, Fruit Punch, Honeysuckle, Jasmine, Tannic, Tropical, Flowers, Wet Wood, Citrus, Earth, Rose, Mango, Metallic, Passion Fruits, Peach, Perfume, Pleasantly Sour, Stonefruits, Vanilla, Peppermint
Sachet
Caffeine Free
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• The Final Sipdown: Day 11 Decupboarding Total: 24 Today is the day for drinking (and decupboarding!) the (not-)teas that scare me. That’s right. Rooibos. Yuck. This...” Read full tasting note
    aug3zimm 911 tasting notes
  • “My second time drinking this one. I liked it quite a bit the first time. And quite a bit this time as well. A solid bagged tropical flavored rooibos. I’ll pick apart which topical flavors I...” Read full tasting note
    chrine 545 tasting notes
  • “The beau brought a silken satchet of this home from his work for me to try. While I’m not the biggest rooibos fan anymore I do love him so try it I shall. The aroma reminds me of Ruby Red...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 709 tasting notes
  • “I didn’t expect much from this tea, so that’s ok. Would I purchase it again? Probably not as there are better out there. Really wasn’t feeling the "nectar’ portion of...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 7966 tasting notes

From Mighty Leaf Tea

Rooibos, also known as Red Tea, is an herbal plant from South Africa. Sojourn to the fertile tropics with our Organic African Nectar rooibos tea, a caffeine-free Rooibos blend teeming with tropical fruit and blossoms. Rich in anti-oxidants, it promotes calm and relaxation.

About Mighty Leaf Tea View company

Mighty Leaf Tea was born for the sole purpose of infusing life into an ancient indulgence by creating tea products that reach new heights of quality and innovation. Our passion is creating the most incredible handcrafted tea blends found anywhere, globally sourcing the finest ingredients available. Paralleling the highest standards of quality at Mighty Leaf Tea is ongoing creative innovation.

I love rooibos and I really love this African Nectar. I think it’s the hibiscus, since that’s one of my favorite flavors. I can drink this daily at home, and I once saw this guy at a coffee shop really pissed because they had run out of this flavor. I guess he is an addict too.

I drink this a lot, so I’m actually surprised I have not rated it. I read through a lot of reviews and thought I must have the wrong name, however when I checked the label I was indeed correct. Maybe it is my batch, but I do not taste flowers, citrus fruit, or bitter/tart flavours. My steeped liquid has always tasted mostly of basic rooibos-y rooibos (woody and sweet) with a unique undertone sort of like…bubblegum? It isn’t exactly like candy/sugary and also isn’t quite fruity or vanilla, I can not really describe it. Maybe it is because I am a HUGE rooibos fan, but I find it extremely pleasant. I was surprised to learn there is hibiscus in this tisane because I do not taste tart or floral.

I appreciate that this tea is impossible to over steep. I usually do three steeps and leave the teabag in the whole time. This also makes an amazing iced tea with a squeeze of lemon and some sugar. It also makes an awesome latte, although I usually drink mine hot and plain. I find it very versatile.

Flavors: Nectar, Rooibos, Sweet, Wood

Boiling 8 min or more 17 OZ / 500 ML

This tea is quite good. I enjoy it most piping hot and very strong, though I find it quite good mixed with a white chai to add some spice. I think it could make a good iced tea with some berries mixed in :P But it’s nothing special.

Flavors: Floral, Hibiscus, Nectar, Rooibos

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Decided to brew double strength this time: two sachets per 14 oz water. Tastes a bit strong.

Flavors: Fruity, Honeysuckle, Jasmine, Tannic

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 14 OZ / 414 ML

This is an amazing tea. I would like to have more of the Rooibos base shine through, but aside from that, the flavors are very well balanced, and very smooth. The tropical fruit overtones are delightful, making this tea super drinkable.

I’m usually not a huge fan of fruit tea blends, but this may be one of the best I have ever tried. I would definitely buy this again and keep it handy, I’m thinking it would be great during a warmish late Spring rain.

-E

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 4 tsp 32 OZ / 946 ML

The first thing I noticed about this tea, right when I took it out of the packaging, was its scent. It was robustly rooibos, with a little extra hidden in there. My nose is not so keen, so I can’t fully explain it. I really liked the filterbags the tea comes in. They’re quite interesting, and I would actually prefer this kind to the conventional ones.

The flavor is nice, and the aftertaste even better. It’s warm and soothing, but at the back of the mouth, very cooling at the same time. It makes my mouth feel a bit refreshed. Definitely flowery and woody. I can’t say I’m completely wowed, but it is quite nice and relaxing to drink. I wouldn’t say it’s very sweet on its own (as I didn’t add sugar), but it’s not bitter either, more neutral.

Overall impression: Very woody, flowery taste. Nice scent. Cooling but warm.

Flavors: Flowers, Rooibos, Wet Wood

Yes. I just received my order from Mighty Leaf this week and am slowly going through all of my selection. Most of the teas I ordered are black base, so it will take me a long while to get to trying them all.

This tea is divine. I suggest letting the water cool a wee bit after it boils before adding it to the tea to prevent the rooibos bitterness happening. The flavour is deep, earthy, rich, with a good jolt of citrus and something a bit sweet and rose-flavoured. Also, the flavour is nice as it cools. I will be keeping this tea handy.

Flavors: Citrus, Earth, Rose

This is a tasty rooibos with a tropical, woody scent. I would caution, however, that one really needs to steep this longer in order to balance out the flavors. With a short steep I found this to be too floral and sour.

For me the color and aroma really shine, helping to make this a more pleasant experience, even if I get a bit tired of the tea by the time I finish the cup—there’s something cumulative about the astringency here, and by the end it’s detectably metallic.

It seems like most of the reviews of this tea are from people who don’t like rooibos, so I don’t think it’s been given a fair shake.
This is a nice tea. Perfectly balanced, fruity but not cloying, very high quality. I taste mango, peach, and papaya. Nice woodsy finish from the rooibos.
Also worth noting is the amount of labor that must go into producing these tea sachets! They’re sewn with string, almost like embroidery work along the edges.

I love the way Rooibos tastes and many flavored varieties are too strongly flavored but this one is very gentle.

Flavors: Earth, Mango, Vanilla