Organic African Nectar

Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jude

• “*The Final Sipdown: Day 11* Decupboarding Total: 24 Today is the day for drinking (and decupboarding!) the (not-)teas that scare me. That's right. Rooibos. Yuck. This one... still not...” Read full tasting note
    aug3zimm 911 tasting notes
  • “My second time drinking this one. I liked it quite a bit the first time. And quite a bit this time as well. A solid bagged tropical flavored rooibos. I'll pick apart which topical flavors I can...” Read full tasting note
    chrine 545 tasting notes
  • “The beau brought a silken satchet of this home from his work for me to try. While I'm not the biggest rooibos fan anymore I do love him so try it I shall. The aroma reminds me of Ruby Red from...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 674 tasting notes
  • “I didn't expect much from this tea, so that's ok. Would I purchase it again? Probably not as there are better out there. Really wasn't feeling the "nectar' portion of this tea whatsoever.” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4026 tasting notes

From Mighty Leaf Tea

Rooibos, also known as Red Tea, is an herbal plant from South Africa. Sojourn to the fertile tropics with our Organic African Nectar rooibos tea, a caffeine-free Rooibos blend teeming with tropical fruit and blossoms. Rich in anti-oxidants, it promotes calm and relaxation.

About Mighty Leaf Tea View company

Mighty Leaf Tea was born for the sole purpose of infusing life into an ancient indulgence by creating tea products that reach new heights of quality and innovation. Our passion is creating the most incredible handcrafted tea blends found anywhere, globally sourcing the finest ingredients available. Paralleling the highest standards of quality at Mighty Leaf Tea is ongoing creative innovation.

I love rooibos and I really love this African Nectar. I think it’s the hibiscus, since that’s one of my favorite flavors. I can drink this daily at home, and I once saw this guy at a coffee shop really pissed because they had run out of this flavor. I guess he is an addict too.

Great Canadian TTB

First of all, this is my first travelling teabox and this thing is seriously packed full of goodies. I am so grateful to be apart of it so thank you to everyone involved. I was so excited to just dive right in.

This tea was close to the top and in a teabag which meant easy brewing. I really didn’t expect much beyond a rooibosy flavor and that is what I am getting. However, it is a very nice rooibos, neither medicinal nor woodsy. Just smooth and sweet and really quite nice. With that said, I don’t think I would buy it myself as it is really sort of nondescript and forgettable. Though it is nice to try. Thanks Dexter3657 for including it in the box :)

Dexter3657

Sorry – I took out a few teabags and tossed a few in to replace them I haven’t even tried these…. :((

VariaTEA

No need to be sorry. It wasn’t bad. Just nothing special.

I bought a couple of the Mighty Leaf Master Samplers just after Christmas because I knew I’d be doing a lot of events this year. However much I like my loose tea, tea bags are far more convenient when I’m running around away from my desk, and they mean I can get in my daily tea without feeling too guilty about it. As tea bags go, these are pretty good. They’re huge, for a start, and I love the way they’re sewn round the outside — it’s too cute! The tea inside is almost loose quality, too, so I’ve no real complaints.

My first choice this morning was Organic African Nectar. As rooibos goes, it’s one of the nicest I’ve tried. The tropical fruit flavours and the hint of vanilla are the standouts here, and the rooibos keeps itself to itself in the background. I can taste mango, primariy — juicy yet slightly peppery — maybe a hint of pineapple? It’s a great, tasty mid-morning treat, and it did make me feel marginally less grumpy about spending Saturday at work. So there you go. Tea really does make everything better!

Sweet, fruity and floral. Great for summer.

I think this might be a sipdown… I’m not actually sure.
But yeah. Red rooibos tea. Just your average rooibos sooo.. ehh there’s no caffeine and it’s late so it’s rooibos time :)
This is actually the one and only caffeine-free tea I brought with me ahhaha

Pleasant, subtle, fruity decoration on rooibos…so subtle in fact, that I would probably just go with plain rooibos instead of buying this again because it’s so much cheaper and not all that different. But still, it was delicious!

Sweet and deep flavor. I did not add anything to this; it was great on its own.

Strong sweet floral scent, Good with milk?, strong aftertaste

Fruity additions make me like this way better than plain Rooibos tea.

I love me some rooibos, so I was excited to try a new blend tonight after a LOOOONG 13 hour workday. It brewed up quickly in to a comforting rusty red, one of my favorite features of teas like this. I’ve actually left the teabag in for the past ten minutes, and the flavor has only gotten more peach-like-sweet. Maybe a little too sweet…I’m missing some of the grounded earthiness of straight rooibos. However, its a little more delicate, which makes it easier for me to start getting sleepy with it.

As night time teas go, this is a gentle, warm flavor to end the day with.

And, from a purely aesthetic viewpoint, I really enjoy the teabags that Mighty Leaf has developed. The stitched edge and easy leaf viewing make this a more artistic tea experience.