Organic Green Dragon

Chestnut, Grass
Sachet
Medium
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “This is an excellent tea for a packaged store-stocked product, at least the batches I've tried have been. Has that slightly nutty extremely mouthwatering savory taste that makes you compulsively...” Read full tasting note
    joelberry 14 tasting notes
  • “I've been trying to drink a bunch of my teas to make room for some that I have coming in the mail, so tonight I tried out Organic Green Dragon. It had a lot of earthy, nutty tones, absolutely...” Read full tasting note
    akgrowngirl 70 tasting notes
  • “I've brought the last of the teabags from my Mighty Leaf sampler to work this week to try and finish them off. They're mostly green, and this is the one I felt more comfortable with for starters....” Read full tasting note
    Scheherazade 1088 tasting notes
  • “In today’s steep-off chez sherapop, Mighty Leaf Organic Green Dragon in a sachet is going sip-to-sip, sniff-to-sniff against Les Palais des Thés Long Jing in a muslin sachet. Both teas brew up...” Read full tasting note
    Shera Pop 1402 tasting notes

From Mighty Leaf Tea

An organic dragonwell green tea from China (also known as Lung Ching), our Organic Green Dragon envelops the whole palate with a slightly sweet, very refreshing liquor. A classic wok-fired chinese green tea, it has a delicate chestnut like flavor, captivating aroma, and a lovely yellow-green color. Whole loose leaf green tea fills our silken tea pouch, our gourmet tea bag twist, to infuse the senses.

About Mighty Leaf Tea View company

Mighty Leaf Tea was born for the sole purpose of infusing life into an ancient indulgence by creating tea products that reach new heights of quality and innovation. Our passion is creating the most incredible handcrafted tea blends found anywhere, globally sourcing the finest ingredients available. Paralleling the highest standards of quality at Mighty Leaf Tea is ongoing creative innovation.

This is an excellent tea for a packaged store-stocked product, at least the batches I’ve tried have been. Has that slightly nutty extremely mouthwatering savory taste that makes you compulsively sip a good Long Jing (Dragon Well) until it is gone.

Very impressed, for a store-bought packaged tea. It’s even better if you empty out the leaf and brew it like normal loose leaf ;)

I’ve been trying to drink a bunch of my teas to make room for some that I have coming in the mail, so tonight I tried out Organic Green Dragon. It had a lot of earthy, nutty tones, absolutely nothing overpowering or begging for attention, though. This definitely qualifies as a quiet, wallflower type of tea. A suitable choice if you don’t want to be too distracted or overwhelmed by flavors. While I would rather have this than no tea at all, I have certainly drunk many other cups superior to this.

I’ve brought the last of the teabags from my Mighty Leaf sampler to work this week to try and finish them off. They’re mostly green, and this is the one I felt more comfortable with for starters. It’s similar to other Green Dragon teas I’ve tried, although not as light as some. It has quite a heavy flavour that’s both savoury and nutty, and a little dank. It’s smooth, with not even the slightest hint of astringency, and that makes it more palatable than I think I’d find it otherwise. I’ve had Green Dragon teas I prefer, so this isn’t one I’d keep in my cupboard long term. I’m glad I had a second opportunity to try this one, though — my first experience back when I had just started drinking tea wasn’t overwhelmingly postive, but I feel better about this one now :)

Both teas brew up golden, and the taste is different enough to reconfirm my suspicion that the Mighty Leaf is a blend of Long Jing with some other teas. The taste is more robust and while enjoyable, it does not really match the profile of the many Long Jings I’ve tried of late.

This tea is perfectly good, but more vegetal and less chestnuty, so I would not recommend it to those seeking a silken Long Jing experience.

I got this tea at a local coffee shop. It was really good. It had a nutty taste that is highly addictive, in my opinion. I overstepped it since the bag was left in my cup and I had to drive home..lol but it was great nonetheless. I would get this tea again.

Flavors: Chestnut, Grass

Whole leaf in a silk bag. Probably the only bagged tea I’d willingly choose, LOL. Nice and grassy but not too astringent, lovely pale color, and gentle aroma. I got a couple of these as a free sample somewhere and I may have to get more. I bet they’d make a refreshing iced green.

From the nose, I am getting a pan-seared scent. The leafs seems to have been over fired, which would give this green an atypical malty attribute (weird, I know). From the taste, there is a distinct butter and nut flavor. The butter is more of an undertone and is hidden behind the subtle “nutiness” and predominate “maltiness.” The nutty flavor could be compared to a chestnut. It is definitely not a common household nut. The tea is light weight with a clean finish.

Very light ‘green tea’ taste. Not too overwhelming.