Celebration

Chocolate, Lychee, Rose
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Mighty Leaf Tea

A black tea blend from China, Celebration black tea, is a beautiful and exotic blend of high-grade Chinese tea leaves infused with the Chinese fruit, Longan. Dancing with notes of chocolate liquor elevate your tea drinking experience with the round body and long lasting finish of this memorable black tea.

Leaves:
Medium leaves

Aroma:
Chocolate and rose

Color:
Dark reddish-brown liquor

Taste:
Rich body with delicate wine-like flavors and a hint of chocolate

About Mighty Leaf Tea View company

Mighty Leaf Tea was born for the sole purpose of infusing life into an ancient indulgence by creating tea products that reach new heights of quality and innovation. Our passion is creating the most incredible handcrafted tea blends found anywhere, globally sourcing the finest ingredients available. Paralleling the highest standards of quality at Mighty Leaf Tea is ongoing creative innovation.

I received this as a sample with my order from Mighty Leaf.

This is pretty good. The dry leaf aroma was sweet, chocolate-y with flowery notes (rose?) I can also smell a hint of fruit in there… almost like lychee.

The flavor is pretty tasty, although I must admit that I find myself wanting more of a chocolate flavor after the chocolate aroma. I can taste a faint chocolate note, but mostly what I’m tasting is a combination of rose and lychee. It’s an intriguing flavor though, one that I am enjoying.

LiberTEAS

Now that I’ve read the description from Mighty Leaf, I see that the fruit I’m tasting is Longan – which is a fruit with which I’m unfamiliar, so I did a little research (very little) and found that longan is similar to lychee in flavor… so I guess that’s why I’m tasting lychee.

I received this as a sample with my last order. The aroma is sweet and kind of soft. The flavor of this tea reminds me of lychee black tea but with something else. I’m getting hints of chocolate and rose. I really like it! Curse Mighty Leaf and their samples. I’m going to have to get some of this now..

sample from evol ving ness as i have to get through a few samples as well as get started on the GCTTB. I brewed this one up thinking it was a straight black for some reason. However as soon as the water hit the leaf, i knew that wasn’t the case. Sadly this isn’t a tea i can get behind. I suspect it’s the rose and lychee combination. I get zero chocolate from this one. Nothing wrong with the tea itself, but for me, this doesn’t work. Always happy to try new things though, so thanks evol!

Evol Ving Ness

This is one which benefits from multiple steepings, or that has been my experience.

How interesting it is to see how varied people’s takes are on the same teas!

yes! that is why sharing is fun :)

Having been disappointed with my tea selection yesterday when craving a strong kick in the pants kind of tea, I made up for it today with this one. Such fab malty goodness with the occasional sweet note. Even more chocolatey notes are coming up now that I gave the leaf more of a shake in the bag. Even a bit of fig, although it doesn’t appear to contain any.

This and a good pair of thermal socks is exactly how one deals with a blustery winter day.
Daylon R Thomas

Dang, it must be good then. I haven’t really had a Mighty Tea Leaf tea that I’ve really liked though none of them have been bad.

I am a huge fan of Mighty Leaf’s teas, because they usually have a nice moderate balance of some other contradictory flavors in their tea (ostensibly “contradictory,” but the excellent taste begs to differ). As the name boasts, it is a rousing, celebratory blend, which I thought was perfect for a dystopian-themed ficiton book. Highly recommended. Mighty Leaf brewers know their teas, in my opinion.

Flavors: Chocolate

160 °F / 71 °C 4 min, 15 sec 1 tsp

Sipdown! First cup of the morning, and one I will miss. I think I’ve said it before, but it’s one of the only Mighty Leaf teas I’d consider keeping on hand. There’s a hint of chocolate, but the main star is the sweet, delicate lychee flavour. The black tea base is smooth and unobtrusive, and allows it to shine beautifully. A delicious morning treat!

Lovely fragrance, with a slight sweet hint of chocolate. When it’s steeping, you can smell the chocolate wafting from your mug. Smooth finish. I can see this being a regular fixture in my morning routine.

I’ve only had a single tea bag, that was a trial, of this. it was quite good. I think I may order a sampler and give it another taste.