Holiday Blend

Chai Tea
Anise, Cinnamon, Ginger
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason
Boiling 4 min, 15 sec 12 oz / 354 ml

• “Whoo! Had a delay this morning which meant I actually had time to make tea before work. Feeling a little adventurous so I totally flew by the seat of my pants with this tea. Had a little untried...” Read full tasting note
    jennlea 162 tasting notes
  • “Inspired by the suggestion of a strong kick in the pants kind of tea, I reached for this one as Mighty Leaf black blends tend to have a robust black supporting the rest of the event. Well, not...” Read full tasting note
    evol-ving-ness 109 tasting notes

From Mighty Leaf Tea

Our holiday blend is a festive winter chai. Indian black tea converges with chai spices of clove, cinnamon, star anise, and ginger for a robust, slightly astringent cup. Apple and goji berries give it a slightly tart, mulled spice profile. Great with milk.

About Mighty Leaf Tea View company

Mighty Leaf Tea was born for the sole purpose of infusing life into an ancient indulgence by creating tea products that reach new heights of quality and innovation. Our passion is creating the most incredible handcrafted tea blends found anywhere, globally sourcing the finest ingredients available. Paralleling the highest standards of quality at Mighty Leaf Tea is ongoing creative innovation.

Whoo! Had a delay this morning which meant I actually had time to make tea before work. Feeling a little adventurous so I totally flew by the seat of my pants with this tea. Had a little untried sample of it and it seemed fitting to make some chai to go with the snow.

Used 2 teaspoons in boiling water for 4 minutes. Warmed up vanilla soy milk, not sure how much I used, and added agave until I felt it was enough. Totally not scientific or anything.

Came out really nice. Sweet and chai tasting with an interesting fruity tart taste that wasn’t overly obvious. Just made it more interesting than a straight forward chai.

Inspired by the suggestion of a strong kick in the pants kind of tea, I reached for this one as Mighty Leaf black blends tend to have a robust black supporting the rest of the event. Well, not so much this one, as it happens.

The dry leaf appears to be mostly fruit and spice and not much tea: much different from the image here. It smells heavenly though.

My first few cups of this were straight up black and unsweetened. Strong cinnamon with a hint of star anise with generic fruit in the background.

I popped around the shops to try the second batch sweetened with honey with milk. More or less the same flavours with more complexity this time as I had gone a bit heavier on the leaf the second time. Nice.

I get the impression that flavours will vary depending on the leaf you have in the tea scoop. The fruit and spice pieces are rather large.

Very much a chai type blend. Perfect for a cold winter day.

I am adding the Mighty Leaf description and ingredient list of the Holiday Blend 2015 that I am drinking. Very much different from the tea described here on Steepster.

Holiday is a festive blend of Chinese black tea with cranberry, orange, papaya, apple, peach and spices. At once sweet and hearty, this tea is the ideal accompaniment to a joyous gathering of family and friends.

4 oz. loose tea in bag

Black Teas, Cranberry Fruit, Orange Peel, Apple Fruit, Papaya Fruit, Peach Fruit, Almond, Cinnamon, Rosehips, Rose Petals, Cornflower and natural flavoring of Cinnamon Orange Spice

Flavors: Anise, Cinnamon, Ginger