2014 Sheng Yiwu Village Autumn Pu'er

Pu-erh Tea
Grass, Mineral, Vegetal, Citrus, Smoke
Edit tea info Last updated by Javan

• “Meh, just not my thing I guess. I did my first gong fu styled brewing with my new tiny teapot and my new teacups. I tried three steepings of it and every one tasted the same... vegetal, almost...” Read full tasting note
    Arshness 72 tasting notes
  • “With the heavenly sounds of the Guzheng playing in the background, I decided to write a review for this tea. It truly looks beautiful as a soft compression brings out the beauty in each and every...” Read full tasting note
    sammerz314 34 tasting notes
  • “I'm writing this in May (late Spring) 2014. Without the aid of time travel, I'm not sure how this 2014 Autumn puerh could possibly exist yet.” Read full tasting note
    dcc 1 tasting notes
  • “Very good sheng pu'er! Tough would be on whether I like this 2014/2013 autumn or Misty Peak Teas' 2012 autumn. Both are good, though very different. This 2014 autumn is quite complex, yet...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1011 tasting notes

From Misty Peak Teas

Autumn: 2014 bing of Sheng Yiwu Mtn Autumn Pu’er
200 gram Bing of the newest Autumn Pu’er Tea. Fresh from the farm. Picked and processed in January 2014 by the family. All hand processed, artisan, chemical free, stone pressed, un-blended, 200+ year old trees. Picking to processing to pressing, all done by the family.

A true Pu’er; how it has been enjoyed for millenniums.

If you want a personalized message written on the wrapper(either for memory sake or for a gift); let us know. English or Mandarin.

About Misty Peak Teas View company

Meh, just not my thing I guess. I did my first gong fu styled brewing with my new tiny teapot and my new teacups. I tried three steepings of it and every one tasted the same… vegetal, almost flavorless. Maybe my pallet is just too unrefined but it tasted like grass-water.

Flavors: Grass, Mineral, Vegetal

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Sarsonator

What a shame! Do you like shengs in general?

madametj

maybe ripe puerh is more for you

Arshness

I don’t know the difference between sheng and shou. :D
And I don’t know which is ripe or which is raw.
I’m newb. :D

madametj

Sheng = raw. Aged pu’erh.
Shou = ripe. Feremented pu’erh.

I’m a newb too, Sarsonator can correct me if I’m wrong! :P

Sarsonator

You’re correct, but I’m a noob, too! I am reading a book on pu’erh now. Really interesting stuff. I’m liking shengs better so far. They taste fresh and fruity for the most part.

Shous don’t taste bad, but they tend to taste more earthy to me and sometimes thats all I can taste! I’m hoping they grow on me.

madametj

I haven’t tried any sheng yet. Really want to though!

With the heavenly sounds of the Guzheng playing in the background, I decided to write a review for this tea. It truly looks beautiful as a soft compression brings out the beauty in each and every tea leaf. Truly, a piece of art to look at. The soft compression allows me to break off 6 grams while maintaining the integrity of the leaves – always a good sign. I briefly wash the tea and pour 100 mL (+/- 5 mL or so) of water into the gaiwan and watch the two mediums intertwine. I feel a great tranquility during the steeping as the beautiful tea leaves work their magic along with the sounds of the guzheng. The wet leaves have a soft delightful aroma that I cannot describe, but have found it common among yiwus. The soup has a bright golden colour and exhibits no cloudiness whatsoever. The processing was, clearly, very well done and in a clean environment. The soup is thick in the mouth with a charming mouthfeel. Vegetal, citrus notes and a slight smokiness seem to come to mind when drinking the soup, but perhaps what I find most enjoyable is the teas softness. I find that this tea is very enjoyable and is comparable to some gushus out there that cost 2-3 times more. I stand behind this tea. 85/100

P.S I will definitely be drying one of the leaves and adding it to my scrapbook!

Flavors: Citrus, Smoke, Vegetal

205 °F / 96 °C 0 min, 15 sec 6 g 3 OZ / 100 ML

I’m writing this in May (late Spring) 2014. Without the aid of time travel, I’m not sure how this 2014 Autumn puerh could possibly exist yet.

Lion Repshire

The tea is from last autumn’s harvest in 2013, but is pressed in January 2014. Many puer are categorized by the year they are completed and begin to be sold, not by the year of the harvest. :)

Very good sheng pu’er! Tough would be on whether I like this 2014/2013 autumn or Misty Peak Teas’ 2012 autumn. Both are good, though very different.
This 2014 autumn is quite complex, yet consistent through each cup and infusion. 15 infusion I got great flavor contrast between a dry, earthy forest and hazelnut flavor, with a tangy citrus peach/persimmon notes, all with a very good thick texture of cream. I found at the 3rd steeping the flavor got very crisp and delicious, with the 9th steeping being fantastic as well.

This sheng also has a power of getting you to sip slowly, enjoying the cup and the lingering aftertaste.

Full review on my blog, The Oolong Owl http://oolongowl.com/autumn-2014-sheng-yiwu-mountain-puer-misty-peak-teas-oolong-owl-tea-review/

Hmm, I got 15 infusions, but I’m sure I can squeak out a few more later in the day!

This autumn 2013 pressing is delightful. From a cake, citrus aromatics arise, with beautiful clear orange color when brewed, and gentle but deep flavors. Absolutely stellar sheng with just a touch of bitterness on the finish which leads to a salivating sweetness. Really good.

205 °F / 96 °C 0 min, 15 sec 5 g 7 OZ / 200 ML

Thanks to Nicholas at Misty Peak Teas for providing a sample of this tea!

This is an extremely SMOOTH and SWEET sheng! Yet still very lively and bright tasting. Extremely yummy. I wish I could afford a whole cake :)

I really planned on letting this Sheng age, well I did for 5 days before curiosity got the better of me. The taste, to me, was pure heaven. I truly wish I had the ability to explain what subtle under tones this tea has. Since I do not have that ability , all I can say is the taste of this tea is a true joy on the tongue. I loved the consistency of this tea. After 7 steepings, the intensity never changed, it never grew bolder nor did it get weaker. The flavor however did change just ever so slightly with a nice hint of smoke coming out by steeping 5. All said, my bing will never get that chance to age, it will be gone in a couple of months and I will definitely have to buy more.

200 °F / 93 °C 0 min, 15 sec 5 OZ / 147 ML