Orange Pekoe

Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “As you may have noticed I am definitely not a tea snob. I enjoy a bagged tea from time to time. Today was experimental day. I have a bag that I brought home with me. A thought occurred to me that...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1452 tasting notes
  • “I enjoyed a cup of this tea on the flight home from my brother’s wedding in New Orleans. The wedding was great, and I especially enjoyed reconnecting with family I haven’t seen in a decade. We...” Read full tasting note
    CHAroma 559 tasting notes
  • “This is the bagged tea I get when I ask for a cup of complimentary hot tea on a Southwest Airlines flight. I don't know what temperature the water is or how long the bag has been steeping by the...” Read full tasting note
    teamax 50 tasting notes

From Mother Parkers

Tea is one of the few earthly treasures that are both delicious and good for you. The benefits of tea go far beyond the first sip. Mother Parkers Orange Pekoe teas will help you deliver “A Better Cup of Tea.” In accordance with the Tea Association of Canada’s Grading program, our Mother Parkers all natural Orange Pekoe Recognized By (RB) blend is a “blend giving a fresh, clean, full-tasting cup with brightness.”

About Mother Parkers View company

As you may have noticed I am definitely not a tea snob. I enjoy a bagged tea from time to time. Today was experimental day. I have a bag that I brought home with me. A thought occurred to me that part of the reason I enjoy this one is the water. The restaurant is one block away from where I used to work. The tap water made awesome tea. Our county water is pumped out of the ground right next to the city water pumps. Basically it starts out the same and goes to two different filtration plants. Our county water does not make awesome tea. It has to be filtered to remove the chlorine stench.

There is no chance of making a short story out of this now. So I brew my cup at home. Wait for it to cool. Yeah, most of the flavor elements are there but muffled and twisted more earthy than the lightly smoked leather I get in town. I’ve tried bottled water and it does not seem to help. I may have to start filling up a five gallon bucket once a week in town. I’ve done crazier things. The weird thing is Denney’s is next door to Steak N Shake and our Denney’s tea (Lipton) tastes like fish. Gross as it sounds. Yeah, I don’t go there any more.

My back is better but not great. I took my guitar Sunday (just in case). I had no intention of playing until the Pastor told me the keys player wasn’t going to make it. So I played. It hurt. The third song was a fast and rowdy song where the beat is like galloping on a horse. If you haven’t heard Stand Up Stand For Jesus done that way – you should. I made it through but was out of breath. I am on portable oxygen for those who don’t know. The next song is a beautiful slow song (Your Beloved) where I make my electric guitar sound like an acoustic. I thought no problem. Wrong. I could not catch my breath but made it through. Fortunately, the lead singer had plenty to say before the last song. Back when I took guitar lessons, my instructor and I made up an arrangement to Holy Holy Holy. It’s not Led Zeppelin but it is a lot closer to it than my mom’s version of this song. I made it but it took all day to recover. Next time I do something stupid like that (because I will), I’m loading up on painkillers first.

Fjellrev

I originally come from a small village and I am so glad that they get their water from the city 100km away since it’s so good.

Way to be playing the guitar! But you also need to look after yourself. :)

gmathis

I’ll refrain from asking you to sub in my fifth grade Sunday class, then…we played jacks on the floor—it’d have done you in. (It was a hoot—these 10-year-olds had never even heard of jacks and thought it was the coolest game I’ve suggested in ages!) Do take care of yourself. Singing a cappella is perfectly acceptable for a week or two!

K S

Thanks for the voices of sanity. a cappella sounds like a good idea. It is just really hard to sit there and not play.

Jacks – it has been so long. I’d have to Google how to play but I can imagine a floor full of kids giggling and jumping up and down while shouting, “My turn!”

How did you pry the gameboy and phones out of their hands? Yeah, I know my wife gives one warning them confiscates them.

mrmopar

You made a “joyful” noise and I am sure it was heard and appreciated.

gmathis

I promised I’d shop for a real set…we improvised with oversized coat buttons…and a cheap one can’t be had in town. Found one for seven bucks at ToysRUS (FAO Schwarz brand). I’m trying to decide if I love my kids that much.

My mom’s wise teaching advice: “Always keep ’em too busy to misbehave.”

I enjoyed a cup of this tea on the flight home from my brother’s wedding in New Orleans. The wedding was great, and I especially enjoyed reconnecting with family I haven’t seen in a decade. We flew back safely on Saturday afternoon before Hurricane Sandy hit. Thank goodness we didn’t stick around all weekend for Voodoo Fest or we might not have been able to get home at all! Luck was on our side.

But man, the weather was cold that last day in New Orleans! It was supposed to be sunny and 84 every day we were there. Then on Friday evening, we walked outside and the temperature had dropped about 20 degrees in 10 minutes. Yikes! I don’t think people had turned the a/c off yet either, so we pretty much froze everywhere we went.

The plane ride home was especially cold, so I asked for a cup of hot tea. They served me this Mother Parker’s Orange Pekoe. It wasn’t the best cup of tea I’ve ever had, but it was hot and tasted like tea, so it met my expectations. :) I’d rank it somewhere in between Lipton and Twining’s. Not bad stuff!

This is the bagged tea I get when I ask for a cup of complimentary hot tea on a Southwest Airlines flight. I don’t know what temperature the water is or how long the bag has been steeping by the time it gets to me. Despite this, the cup of tea is remarkably consistent flight after flight. This tastes like black tea. The tastes of “tea,” sweet, bitter, and astringency are all mild and in balance. It is hard to pull any other flavors out. It is better than having no cup of tea on the airplane.

CHAroma

I had the exact same experience! :)