Orange Pekoe

Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “Welcome to my day of Cheapster Steepster tea! Got to Steak N Shake for breakfast this morning and ordered my usual hot tea. When the little metal pitcher of water and the cup with the bag on the...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1249 tasting notes
  • “I enjoyed a cup of this tea on the flight home from my brother’s wedding in New Orleans. The wedding was great, and I especially enjoyed reconnecting with family I haven’t seen in a decade. We...” Read full tasting note
    CHAroma 509 tasting notes
  • “This is the bagged tea I get when I ask for a cup of complimentary hot tea on a Southwest Airlines flight. I don't know what temperature the water is or how long the bag has been steeping by the...” Read full tasting note
    teamax 50 tasting notes

From Mother Parkers

Tea is one of the few earthly treasures that are both delicious and good for you. The benefits of tea go far beyond the first sip. Mother Parkers Orange Pekoe teas will help you deliver “A Better Cup of Tea.” In accordance with the Tea Association of Canada’s Grading program, our Mother Parkers all natural Orange Pekoe Recognized By (RB) blend is a “blend giving a fresh, clean, full-tasting cup with brightness.”

About Mother Parkers View company

Welcome to my day of Cheapster Steepster tea!

Got to Steak N Shake for breakfast this morning and ordered my usual hot tea. When the little metal pitcher of water and the cup with the bag on the saucer arrived, I frowned.
“They quit ordering the Darjeeeling?”
“We aren’t sure if it was discontinued or someone just hit the wrong button when ordering”

sigh…

“The Darjeeling is pretty good… I guess I’ll have to write corporate! (joking – sort of)”

So I put the bag in the cup and pour the water. The whole time I am thinking, I really don’t like hot Lipton tea. That is what I imagined this was going to be. But it is not.

This is dust in a paper bag, sure, but it is a good one. It is not bitter or astringent. It makes a strong enough cup to make me happy. It is a nice, sort of a sweet, mellow cup of tea.

While I was drinking this, Andy (our server) found the last remaining bag of Darjeeling in the back and brought it to me. So of course I had to have it as well. It is better than the OP because it has more depth and is fruity. However, the OP is really not bad at all. Best of all it does not taste like hot Lipton. Joy!

I’ll have my Lipton strong and iced tonight and Mom and Dad’s. I like it iced – its like drinking memories. It’s like going home. Oh wait, that’s exactly what I am doing. ha.

Bonnie

Very charming!

Yogini Undefined

LOL at “Cheapster Steepster” – I love reading the reviews here on Steepster – so witty and fun! :)

CHAroma

Great review! I feel the same way about this tea. At first slightly hesitant, but then pleasantly surprised. :)

I enjoyed a cup of this tea on the flight home from my brother’s wedding in New Orleans. The wedding was great, and I especially enjoyed reconnecting with family I haven’t seen in a decade. We flew back safely on Saturday afternoon before Hurricane Sandy hit. Thank goodness we didn’t stick around all weekend for Voodoo Fest or we might not have been able to get home at all! Luck was on our side.

But man, the weather was cold that last day in New Orleans! It was supposed to be sunny and 84 every day we were there. Then on Friday evening, we walked outside and the temperature had dropped about 20 degrees in 10 minutes. Yikes! I don’t think people had turned the a/c off yet either, so we pretty much froze everywhere we went.

The plane ride home was especially cold, so I asked for a cup of hot tea. They served me this Mother Parker’s Orange Pekoe. It wasn’t the best cup of tea I’ve ever had, but it was hot and tasted like tea, so it met my expectations. :) I’d rank it somewhere in between Lipton and Twining’s. Not bad stuff!

This is the bagged tea I get when I ask for a cup of complimentary hot tea on a Southwest Airlines flight. I don’t know what temperature the water is or how long the bag has been steeping by the time it gets to me. Despite this, the cup of tea is remarkably consistent flight after flight. This tastes like black tea. The tastes of “tea,” sweet, bitter, and astringency are all mild and in balance. It is hard to pull any other flavors out. It is better than having no cup of tea on the airplane.

CHAroma

I had the exact same experience! :)