Honeybush Tea
Floral, Fruity
Edit tea info Last updated by JacquelineM

From Mountain Rose Herbs

A super fruity delight that is naturally sweet and almost unbelievable! This magnificent tea imported from the Cape of Good Hope has a smooth and fruitful body that reminds us of those tangy tea blends currently on the market. However it should be pointed out that this is completely free of flavoring agents and other ingredients. Honeybush tea (Cyclopia intermedia) is a prized treasure for children and those that enjoy more flavorful teas. Great iced! Caffeine Free.

About Mountain Rose Herbs View company

This is my first time brewing it, but it has a pleasant color somewhere between rooibos and hibiscus, I suppose. The smell is mildly sweet and almost citrusy, and the taste isn’t overbearing. It doesn’t have a bitter taste, which is probably due to its low tannin content. I think this tea has a more mellow flavor than rooibos, so I prefer it.

A few interesting facts; honeybush gets its name from its flowers, because they smell like honey. The plant itself happens to be part of the legume family, so this tea produces isoflavones, a type of antioxidant not found in other teas.

Flavors: Floral, Fruity

200 °F / 93 °C

This is one of my favorites and even my girls like it. It brews to a beautiful amber color, smooth and easy to drink, I enjoy it with raw honey.