Orange Blossom Milk Oolong

Bergamot, Citrus, Jasmine, Orange Blossom
Edit tea info Last updated by LuckyMe
200 °F / 93 °C 1 g 7 oz / 197 ml

1 Tasting Note View all

• “The last tea from my Mountain Stream order before I move on to Floating Leaves. This one turned out to be the best one of the bunch. I had a very similar Orange Blossom from Mountain Stream a...” Read full tasting note

From Mountain Stream Teas

One of our few blended teas, this orange blossom oolong tea is sharply floral on the first pour before the oolong leaves open and the flowers settle down. By the third steep they meld into a milky sweet orange tea that is very unique.

Feel like notes of creamsicles anyone?

We don’t have very much of this tea but if you enjoy

Like all our teas, there are no added flavors, colors or chemicals in this tea. All flavors are completely natural and chemical-free!

Elevation: 300m

Status: Agrochemical Free, Uncertified

Cultivar: Jinxuan

Oxidization: 25%

Season: Spring 2017

Method: Hand picked, processed on site, very small batch

Region: Rueishuei, Hualien

Recommend Brewing Style:

Gong Fu Style: 3-5g per 100ml, ~100C water, 30, 45, 60 then add 5-10 seconds steeps in gaiwan. Lasts 4-5 steeps.

Western Style: 3g per 100ml, ~95c water for 3 minutes. Lasts 2-3 steeps.

About Mountain Stream Teas View company

1 Tasting Note

The last tea from my Mountain Stream order before I move on to Floating Leaves. This one turned out to be the best one of the bunch. I had a very similar Orange Blossom from Mountain Stream a couple of years ago – it might even be the same tea – and there are a few differences in this one. It’s cleaner tasting while the other was more rough around the edges with a sharper orange taste.

Grandpa steeped 1.2g in an 8oz glass using 200 F water. Dry leaf smell is very inviting and juicy. Creamy with citrusy notes of tangerine and bergamot. The brewed tea tastes like perfumery orange blossom water and apricot. The taste is evocative of baklava with its sweetness and exotic floral flavor. After topping off with boiling water, the orange fades and gives way to jasmine like florals. Doesn’t become bitter as long as you don’t overleaf.

A great scented tea if you’re looking for a citrusy floral oolong.

Flavors: Bergamot, Citrus, Jasmine, Orange Blossom