Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaEqualsBliss

• “So this is the winner of the NATC 2012 – Green Oolong Category – 1st Place? Excellent! Let's see what it's all about, shall we? I must say I was rather surprised that an award winner wasn't...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “A good tea with a lingering sweet aftertaste. I let the boiling water to cool down a bit so the tea doesn't get too bitter. It is too expensive to drink it everyday though. ” Read full tasting note
    MiaVu 7 tasting notes
  • “I remember my last mountain tea order being a lot better Im a little concerned they do not display harvest dates so for all I know the quality drop is a by product of stale tea but I have also...” Read full tasting note
    Jiāng Luo 62 tasting notes

From Mountain Tea Company

NATC 2012 – Green Oolong Category – 1st Place

DaYuLing oolong tea is one of the rarest and most sought after teas. Grown at elevations higher than 2000m above sea level, DaYuLing tea is exceptionally aromatic and sweet. Our offering is no exception.

The dry aroma smells like sugar cane and sweet cashew. While brewing you’ll be treated with the smell of orchids and hay. The liquor is very mellow, smooth, floral, and syrupy with honeyed flavors.

Origin: Nantou, Taiwan
Water: 85-90°C

About Mountain Tea Company View company

So this is the winner of the NATC 2012 – Green Oolong Category – 1st Place?
Excellent! Let’s see what it’s all about, shall we?

I must say I was rather surprised that an award winner wasn’t already logged here at Steepster! I’m very excited to try it and grateful it was sent to me!

I agree with the official product description saying this smells a little like cashew prior to infusing. I’m loving that because I LOVE Cashews!

I also agree once infused it smells like orchards and hay. I wasn’t really making the connection to the sugar cane, tho, but that’s ok!

It has a buttery-green texture on the tongue. The floral notes SHINE as you sip. This is VERY slippery – you know how I hate the term ‘mouth feel’ but I’m not sure how else to describe it. It’s a very green-flavored oolong and I totally see why it won that award! It’s the definition of Green Oolong! Nicely done!

A good tea with a lingering sweet aftertaste. I let the boiling water to cool down a bit so the tea doesn’t get too bitter. It is too expensive to drink it everyday though.

195 °F / 90 °C 7 tsp 4 OZ / 118 ML

I remember my last mountain tea order being a lot better Im a little concerned they do not display harvest dates so for all I know the quality drop is a by product of stale tea but I have also tasted a lot of tea since my last order so maybe my tastes have just improved. Either way was not impressed with my first trial with this tea. I felt the tea drunk from the gao shan (fish eye lens, tranquility, big dumb smile) but flavor wise it seemed flat. Will wait to throw a # rating out there until I get dipper into the bag but at the moment a little disappointed considering the money I dropped on my last order.

Boiling 0 min, 30 sec 7 g 3 OZ / 100 ML