Lishan, Winter

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by RogersCK

• “Mmmmm I needed to open something new I had been holding back in my stash for inspiration. Needed a pure unadulterated tea. This is an absolutely stunning oolong! Fresh, sweet, refreshing,...” Read full tasting note
    azzrian 807 tasting notes
  • “Thank you Nicole! I wanted a nice oolong tonight. It was time for the brew basket for this one! The dry leaves are so bright green and lovely - it had to taste just as nice. I really had no...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1340 tasting notes
  • “Hello friends I am here, I could not last very long..of course the dashboard is busted right now. Things still suck A LOT but other than finding a job (hahahahahaha I thought this was going to be...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1196 tasting notes
  • “I received a very generous sample of this from *Nicole*. Thank you! I am in oolong heaven. I brewed this to drink with lunch and lunch is now shoved aside so I can focus on this tea. This is...” Read full tasting note
    silentrequiem 274 tasting notes

From Mountain Tea

Our Winter LiShan coats the palate with orchid, pineapple, and vanilla bean. “LiShan” means Pear Mountain and in the past, the most sought after pears came from this place. This highland climate with an altitude of more than 6600 feet above sea level produces especially superior teas. LiShan oolongs are the most fragrant, smoothest, butteriest oolongs, incredibly sweet with a taste of toasted fruit.

About Mountain Tea View company

Fresh, sweet, refreshing, delicious notes.
Going to go do a full review for sororitea sisters now.
I love The Mountain Tea Company – everything from them this far has been excellent.

The Cup of Life - Lu Ann

Mmm, I could sure go for a cup of this blend right now.

Thank you Nicole! I wanted a nice oolong tonight. It was time for the brew basket for this one! The dry leaves are so bright green and lovely – it had to taste just as nice. I really had no idea how long or what temp to steep this one at. I really wish companies did a better job of mentioning that (like on their websites).. I don’t really want to ruin their nice teas!

Steep #1 // waited a while after boiling // 2 or 2.5 min
The steep color is a light buttery yellow. The dry leaf and the steeped tea fragrance smells like something very sweet and fruity – pineapple? But the flavor is like a lighter milk oolong. Creamy and sweet. I wasn’t expecting that, as this isn’t actually called milk oolong.

Steep #2 // waited a while // 3 min
Over steeped! I was going for 2-2.5 min. It still tastes fine, but there is a tanginess that wouldn’t be there if I didn’t go for three minutes. There is less butter this time around and more pineapple with a hint of lemon. Interesting.. I’ve never noticed lemon in an oolong before. The little bright green bundles have turned into unraveled tiny branches.

An exceptional ever-changing oolong!

Hello friends I am here, I could not last very long..of course the dashboard is busted right now. Things still suck A LOT but other than finding a job (hahahahahaha I thought this was going to be easier, I have lost count of applications, have only had one interview, and was turned down for it which I don’t mind because it was 6am-2pm or 2pm-10pm and no thanks..), I’ve done all I can for right now. I still have a lot more tea to let go of. I just still can’t bring myself to do it.

So because I get incredibly hot even with it being 77 in my apartment, I have become a creature of the cold brew. It’s been awhile since I cold brewed an oolong and I thought this one sounded like it’d be a good choice. And it is!

It reminds me a bit of the oolong base of the Lupicia Pineapple Oolong, but maybe much more subtle on the orchid notes, or at least easier to drink. It is overall pretty floral, but not like undrinkably so. It almost reminds me a bit of a white tea, there’s something like sweet hay to it. The sweetness also seems like some kind of light fruit. Pineapple’s in the description on here but it’s something a bit more subtle that I’m getting.

I’m not like a huge, huge fan of it, for some reason I’ve had a falling out with oolongs like this even though they used to be my favorite thing. I was hoping coldbrewing would bring the love back or something.

Just for future reference also since I used probably half this tea and might want to do this again: I steeped it for roughly 18 hours before first drinking, but left the tea in there for another couple of hours. It didn’t make much of a difference, but 18 was good. The other time I cold brewed an oolong I went a full day, but I think this was definitely full of flavor at 18.

Mercuryhime

Good luck with the job hunt, momo! It’s so very hard right now. :( Have you tried temp agencies? It’s a good way to get your foot in doors, meet people, etc.

wheezybee

I agree – Temp agencies helped me a lot right after graduation. My first “real” job was actually a temp-to-hire situation. Good luck!

momo

I’ve been looking at them but they seem more geared towards people who already have degrees or they’re very specific. It’s really not helping the last time I didn’t quit a job within a month is 5 years ago.

Fuzzy_Peachkin

Temping really helped me too! I have my current job because of a temp-to-hire opportunity. It never hurts to talk to a temp recruiter even if there is no listing for the exact thing you do. They often have lots of positions they don’t list.

I received a very generous sample of this from Nicole. Thank you!

I am in oolong heaven. I brewed this to drink with lunch and lunch is now shoved aside so I can focus on this tea. This is handsdown the best oolong I’ve ever tasted. It hits all the points I love in oolongs, and surpasses all other oolongs I’ve had so far.

It is smooth, buttery, and rich. Lightly floral, and almost syrupy in taste at the same time. I cannot wait to see how this tastes in further steeps. This is so so delicious.

Short Sorceress

I’ve been really impressed with Mountain Tea Co. so far, they have some great oolongs.

Debbie

That’s good to know. I think I may have to save up so I can drop a huge chunk of money on an order from them of a little bit of everything. Oolongs are my favorite teas but the quality of this one blew the rest I’ve drunk out of the water.

Nicole

I’m so glad you liked this one so much. I think they are a quality company. I do like their oolongs but I prefer blacks so I just don’t go through these quickly enough to justify keeping them around. I don’t want to risk it going stale.

Flavours of honey and flowers pervade all infusions, with the former more prominent initially and the latter to the fore subsequently. Too light for my taste. The leaves, however, are stunning to behold.

First infusion – 3 g. per 6 oz water, 90 deg., 3 min.

Second infusion – 3 g. per 6 oz. water, 90 deg., 5 min.

Third infusion – 3 g. per 6 oz. water, 90 deg., 10+ min.