Mountain Oolong, Winter

Oolong Tea
Butter, Cinnamon, Floral, Olive Oil, Vegetal
Edit tea info Last updated by Tamarindel

From Mountain Tea

Our Mountain Oolong is grown at an elevation of 1500m above sea level. This widely popular tea has notes of honeydew, kiwi, and tropical fruit and long lasting mellow finish.

Other names: High Mountain Oolong, Gao Shan Oolong, 高山烏龍茶
Water: 90°C

About Mountain Tea View company

Thank you Emily M for this wonderful oolong.

I finally found an oolong with floral notes that I might have to purchase. The floral notes in this one are very delicate, but they are a welcome addition to the more vegetal and creamy flavor of the tea. This oolong has a savoriness about it that I haven’t found in other oolongs.

Also, my husband, who previously said that he has no interest in trying teas of the floral kind, came into my room an asked what I was drinking. He said it smelled really good. That’s something coming from a coffee-drinking resistant-to-conversion guy.

Not all flowers are my enemy after all ;)

Many thanks to TheLastDodo for this welcome sample; it was noted in her stash sale that she would throw in some samples based on what was purchased, and I’ve got to say her choices were amazingly on the nose — I’ve been wanting to try this particular tea for awhile :)

In terms of the dried rolled leaf, this is the greenest oolong I’ve ever seen. It’s like an emerald green. The flavor has some floral notes, but it’s not a sweet tea at all, so it’s interesting to taste the floral combined with the savory notes. It holds up well to re-steeping. This isn’t as much to my taste as the Banten Honey oolong, but it is a good quality tea, very smooth and well-balanced. Thanks, LastDodo, for the chance to try this!

I love broth oolongs…

Talk about a mellow oolong…
I was curious about the olive oil tasting note, but it’s true! This goes down like olive oil mixed in butter, smooth and runny. Even though there is little flavor, the liquid is very pleasant to sip on. This would be a fantastic oolong to introduce someone to oolong teas.
Guaranteed to provide a mild and wonderful session.